Allure Sample Society November 2014 Spoilers and Discussion

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cancelled today.  The spoilers are blah and I could use the $15 a month for something more exciting.

Unless the next spoiler is great, I won't be resubbing this month. I would like and use the body wash, but I never feel like high end body washes are any better than something I can pick up at Target. I have BB/CC cream samples coming out my ears, so I don't need another.

Not sure what is going on with this box.  After the first few months of the "new and improved", they set some really high expectations!  Last month was ok, but not exciting and this month is turning out to be pretty boring as well.  The brands are great, but the sample sizes look tiny.  Hopefully, the next spoiler will be a really good one!  Again, I figure it's only $15, but the first few months were so great, I just expect something a little better.  Not every month will be a win for everyone, but the spoilers should be way more exciting than this!

I'm a little cautious about the MD Solarsciences. Last time this brand was offered, I received a tube of nothing but air. Fortunately I like the Bergamot body wash. This is one of those things I'd buy as a treat if I were PMS-y or something; it's a nice item but I'm not going batcrap crazy over it.

They are starting to take the "sample" part off Sample Society really literally. I canceled before last month's box but I was really hoping to have a reason to resubscribe.

SS is breaking my heart, I LOVED this service for the longest and it deteriorating so quickly.  I unsubbed last month as soon as I found out about the Loreal and was hoping they would give me a reason to resub this month. But this stuff just doesn't fit the bill.

I can't figure out what is going on with this box. I unsubbed after September's box and it seems like they're on this insane downward spiral.  Unless the last two spoilers are incredible, there's no way this box has much value.  I can't help but wonder if they've had a sudden change of leadership and don't have someone who can reel in the 'luxe' brands.  

Malin and Goetz is a great brand, but that teeny size is the pits.  The first few boxes after their revamp had me so excited and I thought they might end up being the best sub box out there.  Gee whiz, how quickly things changed.  

I'm also surprised everyone's dashboards haven't been updated yet, since it used to be up the first day or so of the month.  I'm guessing they've lost a ton of subscribers, but they sure don't seem to be doing much to lure people back in.    

I am really disappointed by the spoilers so far. I don't really need the two spoiler items especially for $15. It says on the dashboard that they are going to start shipping on November 7th so when do you think I should cancel if I decide to cancel. I'm holding out a little bit longer so see if they release another spoiler. 

I am really disappointed by the spoilers so far. I don't really need the two spoiler items especially for $15. It says on the dashboard that they are going to start shipping on November 7th so when do you think I should cancel if I decide to cancel. I'm holding out a little bit longer so see if they release another spoiler. 
I tried to cancel yesterday and my order was already being processed.. I couldn't get the Contact Us page to open to find an email address to contact

Revealed products were posted on BeautyBar's Facebook page!

10427248_937224562971674_2898072684409743911_n.jpg

Perfume in every single box does not make me happy.  It's already a pretty polarizing product (even Birchbox gives an option to get less of it) so I don't know why they insist on including it in every box!

I don't think I would have hated the box if I had gotten it but I'm happy I didn't spend 15 on it. I ordered from sephora the other day and got a beauty bag with 8 samples in it with my order. I'm happy I spent my money there instead, even if it was more.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried to cancel yesterday and my order was already being processed.. I couldn't get the Contact Us page to open to find an email address to contact
It let me cancel but I noticed I already have a pending charge on my credit card from them. I am going to email them and hope they won't send me a November box. It is not worth $15 + tax for me. You can call them at 1.888.696.0423 or click the email us under the Sample Society Quick Links on your dashboard. I hope they will let you cancel. If I don't hear anything by tomorrow afternoon I will call. 

I just cancelled. Then I checked my credit card and it looks like they charged me yesterday, but now they are giving me a refund. I was going to give it one more month, but I do not use perfume, don't need mascara, don't need shower gel. The other 2 were okay but nothing to get excited about. This is the 3rd time I have tried this box and I always cancel. I am only getting birchbox this month, but I need to use up some stuff before I decide if I want to subscribe to any other boxes.

So glad I cancelled this month and put a couple more bucks to get August QVC Test Tube that is on sale now instead. Great brands and I know I'm using them. Best decision ever!

By the way, I don't mind perfume every month, as long as I can use it. The one I got last month wasn't my taste at all.

It let me cancel but I noticed I already have a pending charge on my credit card from them. I am going to email them and hope they won't send me a November box. It is not worth $15 + tax for me. You can call them at 1.888.696.0423 or click the email us under the Sample Society Quick Links on your dashboard. I hope they will let you cancel. If I don't hear anything by tomorrow afternoon I will call. 
weird, i spent more time looking today, and there's a help center at the top with a email us too lol. I was able to cancel SS, but because of the charge, i figured i hadn't canceled Nov's box.

Back