Allure Sample Society November 2014 Spoilers and Discussion

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
super unimpressed - all I can say is good bye Sample Society....my last month and somehow I think its unlikely I will be back!  Glossy has been better value if I can get a deal...at least some of their boxes have been amazing (BG gift certs)...

Not regretting my decision to cancel.  I would have liked the Alterna product, I know most people are sick of seeing the brand in boxes but I have loved every item I've ever tried.  But aside from the Alterna, I probably wouldn't have used the other stuff.  Oh well, I'll continue to watch spoilers for the coming months and might resub at some point in the future.

Urk, I was sure that I would be regretting bailing on this. Not so much. *So* glad I'm in on what is shaping up to be the golden age of indie subs instead.

I don't mind this box, actually!  I love Alterna, especially the caviar line and I also love fragrance samples.  I can never seem to get through a whole bottle before I get tired of the scent.  I will use the mascara and the body wash, so overall, I am happy.  I hope everyone who isn't happy is able to get their box cancelled, though!

I don't mind this box, actually!  I love Alterna, especially the caviar line and I also love fragrance samples.  I can never seem to get through a whole bottle before I get tired of the scent.  I will use the mascara and the body wash, so overall, I am happy.  I hope everyone who isn't happy is able to get their box cancelled, though!
I agree, although I won't use the Alterna product but they're so easily traded I don't really stress over it.

I was really hoping they'd make me regret canceling by having a fantastic box so I could resubscribe. I guess it's time to find a new sub. I was hoping Allure would put something nice together consistently, but now I'm not so sure they're involved anymore. Or at the very least want to be. Unless I'm missing something, that box looks like they're TRYING to get everyone to unsubscribe. 

I'm so disappointed :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I subscribed for September, after seeing the August box. September wasn't too bad. The cream made it worth it.

Octobers was extremely underwhelming, but I figured every subscription is once in a while.

When I saw the box reveal it made sense why they stopped at two spoilers... I guess they didn't want people to cancel. There's not one thing in this box that I'm excited for. 

I am cancelling - so disappointed in Allure! I will just buy the sample boxes when they are on sale from now on.

My dashboard loaded:

• alt-264_small2a.jpg
  • Alterna Caviar Omega Oil Deluxe SS Sample

• cpb-068_small2a.jpg
  • Calvin Klein Reveal Fragrance Sample for SS

• lrc-316_small2a.jpg
  • LORAC Cobra Mascara Sample

• mal-073_small2a.jpg
  • Malin + Goetz Bergamot Body Wash SS

• mss-018_small2a.jpg
  • MDSolarSciences MD Creme Mineral Beauty Balm SPF 50 Deluxe Sample

Last edited by a moderator:
SS needs to get it together. I'm really disappointed with the October and November box. You would think they would be able to come up with better things to put in the box. If December isn't better I'm canceling. It's 3 strikes and you're out with me.

I'm also a huge fan of Alterna so I'm happy to try out a new product from them. The rest of the box looks a bit skint though.

I got my box, but no one will care.

Here are the sizes for the one or two of you who forgot to cancel :)

Shower gel: 1 oz, smells like it could work for men or women.

MDSolar: .17 oz, I like it, good texture and the color will work for me.

Lorac mascara: .14 oz, the brush is shaped like a cobra head, interesting.

Reveal perfume, .04 oz, spray bottle top, I really like this scent, floral woody scent

Meh Alterna, .20oz, medicine dropper top and mine was bent. I freaking hate this packaging choice. Mine always arrived bent or broken. Which lessens my ability to trade it. The consistency is pretty...slimy. heh.  

IMG_3740.jpg

The whole box:

IMG_3738.jpg

Not that I'm all that excited to get the box, but I am a bit upset that the UPS guy delivered it to the wrong place. He apparently left on my front porch. The problem is that I don't have a front porch, I'm in an apartment building. I looked like a creeper walking around my building in my PJs to see if it was left at the wrong door.

Waiting for a call back from my local Ups place. Honestly, I'm not holding my breath.

I got my box, but no one will care.

Here are the sizes for the one or two of you who forgot to cancel :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Shower gel: 1 oz, smells like it could work for men or women.

MDSolar: .17 oz, I like it, good texture and the color will work for me.

Lorac mascara: .14 oz, the brush is shaped like a cobra head, interesting.

Reveal perfume, .04 oz, spray bottle top, I really like this scent, floral woody scent

Meh Alterna, .20oz, medicine dropper top and mine was bent. I freaking hate this packaging choice. Mine always arrived bent or broken. Which lessens my ability to trade it. The consistency is pretty...slimy. heh.

IMG_3740.jpg

The whole box:
I care! Thanks for posting! I actually really liked the October box because the products were perfect for me. I'm looking forward to the Alterna and body wash in this one. Possibly the mascara but I'm loyal to Bobbi Brown so we will see.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back