Allure Sample Society November 2014 Spoilers and Discussion

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
 I'm giving this until January. If nothing improves I'll drop this , add an extra BB,  and pocket the $5 savings.

Ugh, is there a trade thread for this box? I'd love to give the Alterna a new home--this stuff is not going to be friendly to my very short and very fine hair!

Wow! The samples are really small this month. I expected maybe at least the mascara to be larger?! I don't know, I was ok with the products, but with everything being so tiny, not so much worth the $15.

I was someone who liked last month's box, but this month's box is underwhelming. I wish I would have cancelled before they shipped it.

So the samples are super small this month and can someone please tell me why the samples are so dusty?? Lol. Very disappointed with the sample sizes and I do not feel like this box is worth $15. Wtf SS..wtf.

They really need to up their game if they want to charge $15, it's looking more like a $10 box at this point.

@@littlemissnurse that lipstick in your photo is fierce!

I had to break out my microscope to see the samples this month!  I was underwhelmed to say the least.  One more month, and if no improvement, I will cancel for the January box.  

So the samples are super small this month and can someone please tell me why the samples are so dusty?? Lol. Very disappointed with the sample sizes and I do not feel like this box is worth $15. Wtf SS..wtf.
Ugh the dust drives me nuts. I think it's from the crinkle cut paper they use as filler material.

I had to break out my microscope to see the samples this month! I was underwhelmed to say the least. One more month, and if no improvement, I will cancel for the January box.
Same here. If December isn't good I'm canceling. I signed up after seeing how good the August and September boxes were and I am less than thrilled with October and November boxes. I can honestly say I liked my birchbox and ipsy bag better than SS last month.

I semi-rage canceled after I finally got my box. I looked at what was in it, and like a lot of you, thought, 'why am I paying $15 for this?'

I seem to be a box jinx. The subs always look good, I subscribe and it goes downhill. I think it has happened to every one I subscribed to so far. So knowing my luck, the box will be amazing next month. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm giving this one more month as well. I joined in Sept because the August and Sept boxes were great, but I have not been impressed since.

Ooohhh I never thought about it being from the filler material I was just thinking that it was samples that had been sitting around in their warehouse for forever haha
The biggest upside I've seen so far to the Sample Society revamp is that they now use white paper instead of black. The black dust made everything look really grungy.

I got my box today. It is 3 degrees Fahrenheit here, so I was shocked that nothing in the box had frozen and/or exploded.  Does everyone's Alterna oil have the dropper top jutting out at an odd angle? It seems like when you screw the vial closed, the glass dropper end hits the bottom and pushes the rubber end halfway out of the packaging, but it doesn't seem very secure against spills if you don't screw it all the way shut. I'm letting everything else warm up before I put 3-degree BB cream on my face, lol.

I tried the body wash today and I thought it had a nice fresh scent. I just wish it had been a bigger sample. On their website they even specifically state that there will be five DELUXE size samples. It may just be me but I don't consider those little tubes deluxe sized.

Well at least when I don't like something it can go into my Circular Swap/Secret Santa pile. My sub might be worth keeping for that reason, someone is usually always happy to get the skincare, body, and hair products.

All of my sub boxes are on the chopping block after December.  I think I'm officially tiny sampled out.  Despite trying really hard this month to justify $15 for this box, I just couldn't do it.  SS as well as BB and Ipsy have lost their luster.

All of my sub boxes are on the chopping block after December.  I think I'm officially tiny sampled out.  Despite trying really hard this month to justify $15 for this box, I just couldn't do it.  SS as well as BB and Ipsy have lost their luster.
If it wasn't for the points system, BB would be on the chopping block for me too. SS and Ipsy were already chopped.

My Alterna was nearly empty. There wasn't even enough for the dime size recommended in the booklet.

Speaking of the booklet, after reading it, it sounds like Allure thinks these samples suck as much as we do. They didn't even try to feign excitement in their synopsis. I wonder if they'll be looking to dissolve this new partnership soon.

If it wasn't for the points system, BB would be on the chopping block for me too. SS and Ipsy were already chopped.
That's the only thing that's made me hold on so long.  I get BB Man for my husband and I'll keep it, but it'll also take me twice as long to rack up points now.

Back