tacehtpuekam

Birchbox November 2014

woot! I am pretty happy with my box this month! Yay birchbox! FIrst time in a long time I got 7 items too.

I am not sure which box it is but I got:

-chuao chocolate

-Laura Mercier eyeliner

-Laura Mercier titnted moisturizer (hopefully this will come in fair and not medium which would be wayyyy too dark!)

-theBalm Cindy Lou Luminizer (I got this in another box several months ago)

-derma e evenly Radiant Brightening cleanser

-amika perk up dry shampoo

-camille beckman imperiale gold hand therapy cream

I seem to always get dry shampoos although i don't even use them. The luminizer I already have  but the rest, I am excited to try.

Yay birchbox! Maybe they are going by the profiles better because my number one thing I want is makeup (I already have my skincare and haircare routine that I love and swear by) and I got 3 makeup items this time! yay!

I'm getting this same box on one of my accounts and I'm super thrilled with it! Can't wait to try everything in it.

• Like 1

I'm getting this same box on one of my accounts and I'm super thrilled with it! Can't wait to try everything in it.

Be warned, I think the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer sample they sent out last month was on a peelie card, but maybe someone who received it can confirm.

I'm getting:

Not soap PYS

Ruffian Polish (Naked)- loveeee polish but heard its a tiny bottle and because I'm not too happy with the rest of my box, I would have liked a full size polish

Dr.Brandt Pores no more- just got this sample from ipsy.... But I actually like it and it smells so good! I guess it's okay.

Amika Mask- have plenty of hair masks/ deep conditioners from sub boxes and I don't even like getting them. Ugh. But supposedly this one is really good.. I'll try it after I'm done my other 20!

MAKE lipstick sample card- NOT AT ALL HAPPY ABOUT THIS. I thought it would be full size, but after reading other posts from people who received it, it's a card sample! What BB??!! Not ok!

Chuao Chcolate- I'm very happy with this. Open to trying any except the popcorn because I had it last year. I would prefer the bacon or potato chip one.

Overall... I give it a 2.5/5. That card lipstick sample took it down a whole (probably more) number...

Edited by LiveLaughLayne

Do you guys see how the Box page is laid out differently now? And the box page links are gone, right?

Sorry, I see this has been mentioned already!

It's super weird, but if I log in to my annual sub, I see the new web design. But if I log in to my secondary, cancel every month and re-subscribe sub, I see the old web design. Very strange...

It's super weird, but if I log in to my annual sub, I see the new web design. But if I log in to my secondary, cancel every month and re-subscribe sub, I see the old web design. Very strange...

That is weird. I feel like it took a couple of seconds to load into the new style when I logged in.

My main account where I picked the cuppa is still showing October. I also still have no tracking info. Grr!

My second account, I'm not sure which box number it is, but I'm getting:

Folle de Joie perfume (LOVE, got on my other account, so excited)

Bain de Terre Argan Oil & passion flower Color Therapy Styling Oil (Good price and I color my hair, so will go to use)

Cindy Lou-Manizer (Was intrigued by this, so excited)

Not Soap-Radio Body Wash (I loved the lemon, so excited)

Dang Coconut Chips (Not a huge coconut fan but love snacks haha)

Eslor Firming Cream (Fine cause I'm 26 and starting to take preventative measures against againg)

I wish my first account box would ship so my page will upload!

Same here with the cuppa cuppa, showing October and wanted me to review a few products I had already reviewed. I did get a tracking number at least. Secondary account is not thrilling at all... box 29.

• Like 1

Did anyone else notice on the box pages now it says "Review your personalized beauty samples and get up to 50 Birchbox Points."

So now we can only get 50 points total?  So even if it's a 6 or 7 item box, you only get 50 points?

I found out my sister in law has not been doing her reviews! I showed her how the other night.

Loving my box!!

Amika Hair Mask - Have highlight so this will be nice

Cynthia Rowley Lip Stain - Have not tried any of these, hoping for Dahlia

Gilchrist and Soames Lotion - Can't have 6 awesome items I guess

Cindy-Lou Manizer - I was really hoping to get this, yay!

Dang Coconut Chips - These are super yummy even my coconut hating husband likes them

Royal Apothic Cuppa Cuppa - I love face masks!

• Like 2

I got an email about a half hour ago saying my box was shipped so I got excited... only to find that my page is STILL showing October! I've never had to wait this long. It's usually loaded first thing in the morning, and half the time I don't even remember to check until I log onto the forums. Go figure that the one month I stalk my page, it decides to take its jolly good time loading!  :wacko: Maybe this means I'll be getting the coveted Box 30??!!

I'm so excited I'm getting box 26, I had been eyeing it before today. Another perfume though :( 3 since August ick (one broken spritzer, one too floraly). I'm so glad my box comes later this week.

The Folle De Joie perfume sample is one of my favorite samples I've ever gotten! I was so sad when it finally ran out and am not ready to drop the points and $$ needed for the full size. Hope you like it too!

• Like 4

My box pages haven't updated yet. I don't know if it's because they're all running a little late, or because of my subscription adventures.

FYI: The Laura Mercier foundation sample I got for October's box is in a nice little squeezy tube. It came in linen, which is too yellow for me, but not dark enough to try as a contour.

Edited by Moonittude
  • Like 1

So now we can only get 50 points total? So even if it's a 6 or 7 item box, you only get 50 points?

I got 60 points this morning for a 6-item box.

• Like 3

My box finally shipped.  Estimated delivery is the 20th!!

I'm getting box #23:

Folle de Joie (pretty sure I've maxed out my perfume samples Birchbox!)

Pores No More Vacuum Cleanser: Have heard good things so looking forward to trying this

Cynthia Rowley Lip Stain: It all depends on the color.  Hoping it isn't a nude.

Fekkai Color Masque:  Probably a foil?  Don't really need this since I have others to use up.

Mirenesse Mascara:  Add me to the "I've got too much mascara" club. 

I think I need to stop looking at what I'm getting before I get it.  I always feel kind of let down and then after I toss the box aside and re-open it later to put stuff away I am a bit happier with my things.

(edited to fix box #)

Edited by JayneDoe13

Did anyone else notice on the box pages now it says "Review your personalized beauty samples and get up to 50 Birchbox Points."

So now we can only get 50 points total?  So even if it's a 6 or 7 item box, you only get 50 points?

I sure hope not!! That would be SUPER lame! :(

• Like 1

Well, my confirmed sample choice is not in my box contents. No fun.

I'm getting a juice beauty box instead of a Cuppa Cuppa box. So sad, juice beauty actually makes me sick (at least their lip gloss does.... Literally sick, gives me a stomach ache) so I'm not thrilled. Also, the cuppa cuppa boxes locked soooo good and I was really looking forward to getting one. :-(

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

While I'm not thrilled by this box, I'll give the Laura mercier pencil and hand cream a shot.

I picked Cuppa Cuppa as well, and it looks like I'm getting the same box you are getting... My box is still in TN and tracking did not update since the 6th... (eyeroll)

i was wondering why my tracking hasnt updated in days, but just got txt it hit my post office today, just a few hrs shy of getting it today. :( guess ill wait till tomorrow. i just hate my mailman runs at like 5pm 

If you subscribe for the first time to BB, do you get any choices or is it a get what ya get kind of thing as I haven't gotten anything before?

I am curious as I give this box a go for the first time.  I am fine with anything to start.  I subbed today.

Main Account:
post-98693-0-62678100-1415650411_thumb.png

Seriously Birchbox, what the?! I have really, REALLY dry skin and dry hair. I have no use for dry shampoo and a clarifying mud mask. Why do you want me to lack moisture, Birchbox?! Happy to try the lip stain, Eslor is sort of a repeat, and hopefully the Jouer is super pale or it will be going to my mom. Kind of sad to see Chuao again. I would have loved to have tried one of those salted caramels.  :o

Second Account: 

post-98693-0-67915100-1415650222_thumb.png

This box is no more inspiring. Eslor again, Green Apple Peel that I was hoping to avoid by not choosing a sample, and another amika product (at least this one fits my profile). Happy to see Cindy Lou and I've been wanting to try Style de Paris so "Yay" to those. And finally, Chuao. Again. Bummer. :(

My Non-PYS came and I LOVE it!  I got this box (don't know the # but same as marissa upthread):

Folle de Joie perfume 

Bain de Terre Argan Oil & passion flower Color Therapy Styling Oil 

Cindy Lou-Manizer 

Not Soap-Radio Body Wash 

Dang Coconut Chips 

Eslor Firming Cream 

Ace Account PYS (cuppa) not here but shipping notice came Saturday:

Jouer Matte Moisture Tint
Toni & Guy Shine Gloss Serum
Gilchrist and Soames Spa Therapy Body Lotion
Laurer Mercier Volume Supreme Mascara
The cuppa cuppa
Chocopod

I'm definitely less excited by this one b/c I don't care about mascara or the Jouer.  Maybe I'll stop choosing a sample, I seem to always like my non-PYS best.

Loving my box this month. I picked the cuppa cuppa and I'm getting box 11 which has:

Chuao chocolates

Bain de Terre Styling oil

Klorane makeup remover - was hoping to get this

Cindy-Lou Manizer - excited to try this

Laura Mercier foundation primer

cuppa cuppa mask :)

I hope the redesign that does away with the box numbers from previous months is not some sort of peek into a new thing where we won't be able to see the current month's OTHER boxes anymore.

Being able to only see the box we get, on the day they update, leaves no room for fun early-month internet oogling and drooling.

I hope this isn't the case, though.

• Like 2

My box is still just sitting wherever it was "born" but I stalked out the BB site anyway to see what the contents are.

Amika Hair Mask that I picked

Chuao Chocolatier Assorted ChocoPod - What's not to love about chocolate? And the flavors are all really interesting. I will probably eat all of these the moment I open my box. They're cheap too so I might pick some more up with points.

Dr. Brandt Vacuum Cleanser - I was less than thrilled about this at first but I always like to do face masks so I think it'll be fun. I wish it had instant results though instead of 2 weeks.

Tocca Cream da Mano Hand Cream - Less than thrilled with this. I don't use a lot of hand cream and already have several recent samples floating around in my purse.

Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer - Not excited about, but my Secret Santa Giftee like Laura Mercier so Merry Christmas to her!

Laura Mercier Full Blow Volume Supreme Mascara - Merry Christmas again SSG!

Harvey Prince Petaly Noir - I think I have a sample of this and liked it. I'm not a fan of Hello like everyone else is, so we'll see.

So I guess its a pretty meh box, although I am glad to be able to pass on stuff to my SSG and also pumped up for a 7 sample box. Even if I don't like a lot of them, I certainly love points!

That also makes the chocolate only $3 lol...

NICE. That's the one I'm hoping to get, too!

((running to see if mine updated yet))

ETA - nope. Still Oct. 

Yay! 

App says box 25!!

I'm really disappointed in my box this month.  It's not bad, just boring.  

Jouer Matte Moisture Tint - I hate getting tinted moisturizers in boxes, because I've yet to have one not be orange on my skin.  Also, boring.

Chuao Chocolatier Assorted ChocoPod - Eh.  I don't mind getting snacks, I guess, but would have rather received something else.

TONI&GUY Classic Shine Gloss Serum - This is fine.  I've got quite a few serums already, but maybe this will be my HG.

Gilchrist & Soames Spa Therapy Body Lotion - Generic lotion.  I feel like I've received this before and it didn't moisturize at all.

Laura Mercier Full Blown Volume Supreme Mascara - I need more black mascara like I need a hole in the head.

Royal Apothic Cuppa Cuppa Firming Tea Treatment Mask - At least I got my PYS, but my excitement is diminished because of my lackluster box.

I would have love to have received the Cindy-Lou Manizer (I have the Mary-Lou Manizer and it's not quite right for me, I think), the Derma E face wash (I recently bought a bottle without trying it and LOVE IT!), the dry shampoo, or makeup remover.

Also, my tracking updated today and I'm not set to get my box until the 19th, which seems really late, especially since people have already started to receive theirs.  Sigh, don't mind me; I'll just be over here with the world's tiniest violin.
Edited by splash79

had early pick on ace account and just checked my box on phone app and it does not include the cuppa cuppa mask that i chose.  in addition, no tracking number yet...what a let down.  oh, and my third ace account, did not receive the curated box that i requested.  what's up birchbox?