Barbie Allen

Rosario Dawson Quarterly Box *SPOILERS*

Has anyone else gotten their Rosario Dawson Quarterly box for December? 

The 'advent calendar' given a week before Christmas.

I feel like I just got taken. This is a box of… trash mostly. I only like a few items ( I won't name them so I don't spoil it for people )

And they promised something from Disney. That is not there. 

I am. so. p.o'd. 

• Like 1

Jennifer,  There is a spoiler pick on instagram at #18902 and on the quarterly box thread there is a list of all the items.

• Like 1

I want to see a picture of this one! Wasn't it supposed to have something like 30 items?

10844102_916579648382612_1711804107_n.jp

from dragonflower092 on instagram

Edited by ikecarus
  • Like 1

Jennifer, There is a spoiler pick on instagram at #18902 and on the quarterly box thread there is a list of all the items.

2 items I am happy about! A few things worth keeping, then most of the rest will go in the trash. Not the box I was expecting but l don't plan to send it back. That one item is worth the $50 to me.

Edited to add: I take back trashing most of the items, i need this box before Christmas for stocking stuffers and extras. Now to stalk the delivery truck.

Edited by kawaiimeows
no blog links, please
  • Like 1

Wow, that actually looks pretty great to me?! Although given the theme and how long it took to ship, I can see why people would be upset about this coming so late. I liked this enough that I might actually try to get a restock of it...

My issue is mainly the Advent thing. If it had actually come before December I could understand the throw-away items more.  I actually got a chunk of thread. lol 

The couple Items I do like are worth the 50.00 yes.. I don't plan to send it back. But there is a lot of 25 cent machine items in there.

I also didn't feel like this was anything personalized or that Rosario had anything to do with this box at all.

And I think I am just so sick of getting water bottles. Every single box seems to send a water bottle. I prob have about 25 by now.

This was my first quarterly box so I'm not really sure what I was expecting.. but I didn't expect to be throwing things in the garbage. I may be at the point now where I've subscribed to so many boxes in the last 2 years that I am running out of things to get that I am happy with. I already have almost everything they sent in this box so it's not as fun anymore…  Maybe I need a sub box break!

• Like 2

Could have done without the filler stuff, but ... the two big items, just amazing. The big name brand is something I never really thought I'd see in a sub box, especially one at this price. I had no idea that Quarterly curators even had access to brands like that!

Could have done without the filler stuff, but ... the two big items, just amazing. The big name brand is something I never really thought I'd see in a sub box, especially one at this price. I had no idea that Quarterly curators even had access to brands like that!

That is true. I think I jumped the gun on getting ticked about it so quick. I like more items in it than I initially thought I would. It's growing on me for sure..  

But I wish they had gotten it to us in time to use it as an advent  :) All that little junk would've made sense if it had gotten there in time. But also it should have been wrapped cause the point of an advent is to be surprised. Well whatever.. I think they aimed too high on this one.

• Like 1

Well my box just came a day earlier than FedEx predicted so I am happy. For the most part I am happy with this. All the filler stuff, I will probably toss, but what it came in I will definitely use. Love the item from C. I am happy about the WB as I haven't gotten one of those yet. I am also happy to try the stuff from the Honest Company. Considering I have returned 2 of my other Quarterly boxes this month, I am glad I get to keep one.

10844102_916579648382612_1711804107_n.jp

from dragonflower092 on instagram

Thats so cool! I wan in the city the day Rosario and Chris Rock took that photo in Union Sq...so funny..

• Like 1

Hey y'all, I put a spoilers warning in the title so feel free to talk without using the spoilers tag!  :flowers:

Also moved this thread to the appropriate location (Quarterly Co subforum).

• Like 2

I felt sad about missing this one, so I asked if there were any more available or if it would be on BoQ:

Thanks for reaching out. Unfortunately we do not have any to buy at this time! However, I'd recommend checking back in after the holidays we we do expect to have some more in stock.
  • Like 1

I personally think this box was amazing and worth well above the $50 paid.  I had so much fun opening it and counting my 31 items to make sure I didn't miss anything.

• Like 3

I got my box today and did a quick look before I went to work. I honestly love it, well worth the 50 just for the one item which I planned on buying anyway.

Oh anyone else get a UA headband?

• Like 2

Yes got the headband.....curious as to what the other "big" item is though other than the 'C' item which I love btw!!!!! Just wish I had known about it a week ago so I could have regifted it to my niece!

So I noticed the following note on Quarterly's site regarding Rosario's next box #18903:

"MY NEXT PACKAGE SHIPS IN JANUARY OF 2015. Stay tuned for the Love Box, coming your way at the top of 2015!"

As of last week it said it was shipping in February, now it appears to have been moved up to January. Do you guys think we'll get the next box so soon?

No.  I'm counting on it shipping in March. It is Quarterly after all.  Have they ever met a shipping schedule?

• Like 5

I loved this box!  I loved the whole advent idea, too.  I do think that's what Rosario was going for and I bet she was disappointed it shipped late.

If the tote is from her studio 189, it's ridiculously expensive.  And I do mean ridiculous.  As in likely no one with an eye on their pocketbook would ever buy it.

Love the Coach wallet, did everyone get black?

I got a little nostalgic over some of the filler. My grandma used to always put chocolate coins in our stocking and silly noisemakers.  Those items have been repurposed into stocking suffers for my niece and nephew.

It was a lot of fun and I enjoyed every bit of it.  Sure, she didn't need to put those little things in.  But she did and I'm glad :)

I got under Armour hair ties,  not hair bands.   Tags still on them for 9.99.  

This box was worth it!

• Like 1

Ugh. My box is stuck somewhere in WY and the tracking hasn't updated since Sunday. So much for expedited shipping/delivery before Christmas. <_<

Ugh. My box is stuck somewhere in WY and the tracking hasn't updated since Sunday. So much for expedited shipping/delivery before Christmas. <_<

Noooo!!  That sucks! That is... not good.  I hope its not lost :\

• Like 1

Noooo!!  That sucks! That is... not good.  I hope its not lost :\

It showed up in Roseville, CA today... so thankfully it's not lost. But I'm definitely not getting it until Friday at the earliest.