Rosario Dawson Quarterly Box *SPOILERS*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I loved this box!  I loved the whole advent idea, too.  I do think that's what Rosario was going for and I bet she was disappointed it shipped late.

If the tote is from her studio 189, it's ridiculously expensive.  And I do mean ridiculous.  As in likely no one with an eye on their pocketbook would ever buy it.

Love the Coach wallet, did everyone get black?

I got a little nostalgic over some of the filler. My grandma used to always put chocolate coins in our stocking and silly noisemakers.  Those items have been repurposed into stocking suffers for my niece and nephew.

It was a lot of fun and I enjoyed every bit of it.  Sure, she didn't need to put those little things in.  But she did and I'm glad :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got under Armour hair ties,  not hair bands.   Tags still on them for 9.99.  

This box was worth it!

Ugh. My box is stuck somewhere in WY and the tracking hasn't updated since Sunday. So much for expedited shipping/delivery before Christmas. <_<

Noooo!!  That sucks! That is... not good.  I hope its not lost :\
It showed up in Roseville, CA today... so thankfully it's not lost. But I'm definitely not getting it until Friday at the earliest. 

I loved this box!! I was planning on using it for stocking stuffers and it was perfect. I also needed just one more gift for my daughter and the wallet fit the bill. Did everyone watch the jellybean video, it is really touching. The funniest thing is I remember having walnuts as ornaments as a kid but I can't for the life of me remember why...off to google.

Uggggghhh. I was super excited for this box but ive just gotten it and am extremely disappointed.

Small trinkety items bother me? The toys? Rent poster? Nope, nope, nope. It's just the the HIGH DOLLAR item, the Coach wristlet, doesn't fit my $&!*& phone!!! Seriously?? I realize not everyone has a smartphone, but a lot of people do and they're only getting bigger. This Won't fit the biggest selling phones right now iPhone 6 and 6 plus and the Samsung 4 and 5. This item went from being my favorite to the most useless. Who goes anywhere without a phone?? It's a safely issue, not a vanity issues. (Just like the stupid Sorial PS clutch. I can squeeze a phone and almost nothing else in there but at least it fits) stupid, stupid stupid. End of rant. Thanks for listening

I feel your pain. That was my favorite thing so I ubsubscribed.
I really was trying to be openminded but i really can't think of a single reason to need cash and a credit card where I wouldnt also need a phone. In my house?? It just seems like complete common sense. Debating returning the box...

I was able to squeeze my 6 into both pockets, it gets looser everytime I try. I figure It will "break in" like a pair of shoes. It's working so far.

WIthout the case, it fits perfectly.

Uggggghhh. I was super excited for this box but ive just gotten it and am extremely disappointed.

Small trinkety items bother me? The toys? Rent poster? Nope, nope, nope. It's just the the HIGH DOLLAR item, the Coach wristlet, doesn't fit my $&!*& phone!!! Seriously?? I realize not everyone has a smartphone, but a lot of people do and they're only getting bigger. This Won't fit the biggest selling phones right now iPhone 6 and 6 plus and the Samsung 4 and 5. This item went from being my favorite to the most useless. Who goes anywhere without a phone?? It's a safely issue, not a vanity issues. (Just like the stupid Sorial PS clutch. I can squeeze a phone and almost nothing else in there but at least it fits) stupid, stupid stupid. End of rant. Thanks for listening
I'm glad you mentioned that as I was thinking of swapping for it, but I guess there's no way it will fit my 6+. 

I'm glad you mentioned that as I was thinking of swapping for it, but I guess there's no way it will fit my 6+.
I think the 6+ is bigger than the 6? And the Samsung Galaxy 5? If so, it really probably won't. Mine *might* fit if I take it out of the case. In truth, I didn't try it without my slim Otterbox case, because I keep the case on all of the time. BC I've replaced waaayyyy too many screens on my IPhone 4s.
And I was surprised that with all of the love/hate posts, no one else had mention ed it as reason. So I sort of guessed it would fit...

Last edited by a moderator:
The Samsung S5 doesn't fit, I just went and checked.  

Although it never even occurred to me to put my phone in the wristlet because I considered it more of a wallet.

It's too small to take anywhere by itself (for me at least) and it's not fancy enough to use as a clutch with an evening gown or cocktail dress.

I have an iPhone 6+ and an Otterbox case so I knew it definitely wasn't going to fit. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> But I think it's still great because it fits my keys and cards so if I want to just go out for a quick errand or whatever, it works nicely for that purpose. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Looks like the next box has been delayed  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> . Previously the Quarterly site listed it as coming January, now it says it's coming in March. Whomp Whomp. And it's the "love" box. Hope it's not filled with Valentine's themed items, since it will be a month late. I know it'll be a good box but am bummed with the delays.

Looks like the theme for this box has changed. Previously referred to as the "love" box on Quarterly's site, it's now being called the "5 Senses" box. Not sure what to expect, but the idea is intriguing. 

I was thinking of resubbing to roasio, but the coach purse and honest washes were my favorite items.

Back