Kristine Walker

Days 1- 10 of 100 day No Buy Challenge

Today was my first full day back at the office and to celebrate I did a full face (or rather, what I consider a full face on ME), and I'm feeling totally glamorous because I added a bit of highlighter. haha. the things that make us happy. No buy is going great but the temptation was strong when I received the mac email about their soon to be gones. Held strong, though. I do not need more makeup. it's only day 5 and I have 360 more days to go. can't break this early in the game! 

• Like 4

Back at work and ready to do this no-buy! I haven't bought any makeup but I was very tempted by  ulta's 5X points email I got. I was able to talk  myself out of an order by reminding myself I have to spend $50 for free shipping and it's just not worth it for me. Instead, I decided to focus on planning blog posts (just started a blog!) and choosing new products to use. If the first 50 days of makeup no-buy goes well, I may try and do a  everything else no-buy for the last 50 days. Like others, I am trying to declutter and get rid of stuff I don't need, so eventually I will need to stop buying clothes and other things as welll...

• Like 4

I spent the weekend organizing all my beauty products.  It was a real eye opener.  I didn't realize how much I had in my stash.  I bought some organizers at Target and TJ Maxx (acrylic vanity organizers) and I bought a 3 drawer plastic storage unit for my closet.  Drawer 1: is items I have not tried yet and foil packets (so when I get the urge to buy, I can just go to this drawer and pull a sample to try something new.  Drawer 2: is all my bath & body products.  Drawer 3: is all skincare.  Then I put the makeup in the acrylic organizer.  The large one is on my vanity and looks really good.  Even my husband commented how good it looks.  I bought a second one that I keep in the cabinet that is just for lip products.  Then I used empty Glossyboxes to store eye makeup and face makeup, labeled and stacked them.  I also purchased a Julep nail caddy to organize all my nail polish. It feels good to get organized.  I am loving this no-buy.  I think it is really good for me to use up what I have.  I think now my products are better organized, I will be able to find things more easily and use up more of my stash.

• Like 3

Back at work and ready to do this no-buy! I haven't bought any makeup but I was very tempted by  ulta's 5X points email I got. I was able to talk  myself out of an order by reminding myself I have to spend $50 for free shipping and it's just not worth it for me. Instead, I decided to focus on planning blog posts (just started a blog!) and choosing new products to use. If the first 50 days of makeup no-buy goes well, I may try and do a  everything else no-buy for the last 50 days. Like others, I am trying to declutter and get rid of stuff I don't need, so eventually I will need to stop buying clothes and other things as welll...

Planning blog posts helps for me too!

I'm going to try contouring for these next five days. I want to power through at least a couple brown eyeshadows!

• Like 1

Admittedly kind of happy I placed a few orders right before the no-buy started. I still have mail coming this week! Makes it easier for me to not shop :D

Oh yeah I have 3 or 4 things coming in the mail in the next couple of weeks from my shopping binge last week.

• Like 1

This is officially the longest that I have gone without purchasing make up or skin and body care items! My last purchase was on 12/21! Feeling very successful. For my other goals that I set in place for this first 10 days, I bought new pillows on Friday night. So much nicer than the crappy ones that we had. They were more expensive than I usually pay, but I am hopeful that they will last a lot longer. Bedroom is almost finished with the deep clean. I also purchased an acrylic make up holder for my Monday Club choices. I was just storing everything in a make up bag that I would dump into the sink when it was time to do my makeup. This makes it so much nicer to be able to just pull out what I need.

I am on a healthier eating kick and did plan out the next three days meals. I will get to where I'm planning a week at a time, but baby steps!

Keep it up, girls! We are doing fabulous!

• Like 12

Everybody is doing great =)) It is 4pm and I am already a bit tired out, I think I will use a sheet mask tonight after shower- who is joining me? =D

• Like 3

Everybody is doing great =)) It is 4pm and I am already a bit tired out, I think I will use a sheet mask tonight after shower- who is joining me? =D

I'm in! Or at least a mask of some kind. I have so many & I don't use them nearly enough during the week!

• Like 2

Count me in too! I've been dealing with a terrible sinus headache all day. I think I will soak in the tub with a mask. Sounds heavenly! But first dinner preparation, homework coach and budgeting.

Count me in for mask night! Crappy day (coming back from vacation is THE WORST) and Its so stinking cold my face is dry as a bone.

• Like 1

Day 5!  We are halfway through the first 10.  I got in my NM BF order and my Aromaleigh sub and can't muster any real enthusiasm because SO MUCH STUFF!!!  I have an Ulta and Sephora order coming Wed and Thursday this week and then it will be no package time at my house until BB and my other subs roll in and I am kind of excited about that.

Today was first day back at work after 2 weeks off and I was inspired to go through my desk and purge stuff that I have been holding onto forever.  I managed to scan some things to save so I could get rid of paper copies.  It inspired me to come home and do the same.  I have seriously been keeping pens that do not work.  Like they don't work!  Why do I magically think they will one day work?!

Evening plans are to make my dinner, make my stuff for my lunches that I did not do last night, organize/sort/purge 1 shelf in the closet and go to the gym!

So thankful to all you ladies and loving reading all the successes and getting ideas for things to do when urges hit!  Keep it up :)

• Like 5

First day back at work after vacation here too. Seems like it was the first day back for lots of us. I have my nails painted and I used my Monday Club items today.

I made cheesy chicken enchiladas for supper tonight. Meals are planned and ingredients are purchased and prepped for the week ahead.

I am very tempted to resubscribe to a box I cancelled a couple of months ago that I saw full spoilers for. I am going to stay strong and just not do it though. There is really nothing I truly need in the box. I have more than enough already.

I am so proud of everyone for resisting temptation. :)

• Like 6

Everyone is doing so great! I love that we have this little accountability group.

Let's see, so far I have found a place online to sell my textbooks, printed the shipping label, and boxed them up. $93 in my pocket! Well, in my savings account, anyway. I usually sell On Amazon and make a little more, but I just don't have the time and patience for that right now. I'd rather get the guaranteed amount and call it a day! I will be mailing out the box tomorrow. I am a serious procrastinator, so I almost have to force myself to do all this in a timely manner.

Oh, where did you sell your books? We have almost a full shelf that needs to go.

I'm not sure if it was in here or another 100 day thread, but someone posted the idea of putting a mask on about every other day while they got ready (picked out clothes/jewelry/accessories, etc) in the 10 minutes before they got a shower.  I did that this morning and it worked out AWESOME.  I am trying to (finally!) finish up the Michael Todd Pumpkin mask (from Ipsy, and then I got a spare as a gift!  Now working through the spare!).  Because I have sensitive skin, I put it on AFTER I picked everything out and let it work as I went through the last few minutes of getting in the shower.  Then I hopped in, washed it off, and showered as usual!  The thing I hate/love about masks is usually I'm trying to relax with one on.  Then I have to get up.  And wash it off.  And get my sleeves all wet, usually.  And end up with a million bits I missed around the edges.  So by the time I'm done washing it off, all my relaxation is done!  So my wash-off masks (Michael Todd Pumpkin, Origins Charcoal) are now reserved for mornings!  If I want to relax, I have those sheet masks where you just "rub in" whatever's remaining on your face.  Now THAT'S relaxing!

Also, my closet?  ONE HUNDRED PERCENT DONE.  So beautiful.  And I didn't lose momentum, either!  When I reshuffled my skincare/bath stuff from closet to bathroom cabinet, I reorganized the cabinet.  Then hubby did his side.  Then I reorganized the bathroom drawers!  And cleaned off the bathroom counter that had become a dumping ground while I cleaned out the closet.  And now everything's ready for a deep clean! (which I usually hate, so I shall reward myself with a bubble bath in my nice clean tub!)

Also, Day 5, no makeup or beauty buys!  95 to go!  WE CAN DO IT!!!

• Like 18

It's slow progress here. Life is getting in the way. :(

I started putting away my Christmas decorations. I did watch the YouTube blush video which was hard, because I haven't wanted red cheeks in years! I also tried a blush which I first hated. I haven't put blush on in over 15 years. Turns out I have a heavy hand. I did tone it down and put on lipstick which made it look much better. I am going to try a new blush color tomorrow. I feel silly doing this because of the rosacea. Still I look too pale when I have foundation on especially in pictures.

I did not do well today. I had to go back to Target today with my sister and ended up buying a few items.

I wanted to try Carol's Daughter and bought the Sacred Tiare (anti breaking & anti-frizz)  shampoo, conditioner, and mask. I do need the items before the end of the 100 days. I mark it as a fail because it was purchased to make me feel better. I went into more detail on the chitchat page.

• Like 3

I have now tried 2 perfumes

1- Viva La Juicy mini - keeping,I like this one

2. FCS The Shiz mini from the fall soap box- A little darker than I normally wear but a nice scent.  I'll keep this one.

Edited by West Coast Beauty Addict
  • Like 1

I hope y'all are as proud of yourselves, as I am proud of y'all!  Half of the first 10 day segment is done! Pow! That's what I'm talking about!

• Like 9

Yesterday, I did a bunch of running around, but didn't buy a single thing of makeup.  I bought a pair of work pants, clearance Christmas wrapping paper for next year, and a 3-drawer plastic storage container.  When I got home, I took the container and loaded it up with all of my makeup samples/extras.  I had them all put into empty Birchboxes, but I couldn't actually see them, so it was hard to know what I truly had.  But now each drawer has opened Birchboxes to help separate them, and the outside has a label.

That drawer container was 1 of 3 that I wanted to pick up this week.  The other one's I wanted to get are a few large drawers to organize my overabundance of yarn, and a few of those odd shaped stacking containers for my unmentionables (they would fit perfectly on the shelf in my closet with an angled roof).  But I couldn't find them anywhere.  I also had plans on getting another adorable little 2 shelf drawer that I got at dollar tree, but of course, when I got there today, they only had red, which would not work for what I had in mind.

• Like 2

I also had plans on getting another adorable little 2 shelf drawer that I got at dollar tree, but of course, when I got there today, they only had red, which would not work for what I had in mind.

Could you get the red ones and spray paint them the color you want? That may be a good option if the Dollar store ones are the right size/shape (and of course a good price!) and the shelves +paint is less expensive than an alternative shelf form another store. 

• Like 1

I tossed a bunch last night! Picture will be going up for a while. Plus I sifted through all of my makeup for stuff I haven't used in over 5 months/have dupes for, put them in a big train case and I'm gonna bring them to school tomorrow for my friends to pick stuff from. :)

• Like 2

Day 5: success!! No make up purchases!!! And I should have a good amount of empties to show at the end of the month :)

I did spend $50 and booked a vacation...for jan 2017....lol! If I keep focus on vacations and paying bills, I won't be tempted to spend the extra money I think I have on make up :)

Half way done with the first 10 day segment!! We are doing great!!

• Like 6

I'm in! Or at least a mask of some kind. I have so many & I don't use them nearly enough during the week!

I can bug you and remind you when to use a mask here every now and then HAH I am generally good at doing masks. 

I have not been counting days, you ladies are doing it for me, so thank you! I don't have backup of shampoo and conditioner and have been trying to use less than usual to stretch out the usage of them so I won't need to buy any in first 2 weeks. And, I found out "less than usual" is still quite enough amount, I have been using more than I need for such a long time! 

So during the half of first 10days challenge, I have done one mud mask and one sheet mask, I have used up some deluxe skincare/bodycare samples, I have been consistently using one deluxe size stick cream blush that is in my use up challenge and went through two perfume samples. 

This sounds good, so I am going to wear a bold lipstick today for a mini celebration =)

• Like 2

Oh, where did you sell your books? We have almost a full shelf that needs to go.

TextbookRush gave me the most of all the websites I looked at for my particular books, though they didn't accept one that was an older edition. They pay for shipping and seemed to have good reviews.

I have worn perfume everyday so far (yesterday was Rise by Beyonce... I've had it sitting around forever and decided to try it so I can toss it if it's terrible. The smell is actually not bad but the staying power sucks. Today was another Nest scent) and actually put on a semi-full face for work. I teach preschool so I dont tend to do my eye makeup for work, but it felt nice to swipe on a little eyeshadow and mascara, even if it takes a few extra minutes in the morning.

I still need to clean out the closet floor and I am dropping the textbooks at Fedex after work before going to look at a house that seems PERFECT and I'm almost hoping to hate it because I don't feel like we are quite ready to commit. But it is a diamond from the pictures and has SO much on our wants and wishlist. We'll see.

Make it a great day, everyone! :D

• Like 1

I like all the ideas about using as many products (samples or full size) as possible during these 100 days! I have some products that are almost done- sample perfume, toner, makeup remover and moisturizer- that should be gone by the end of this week so I will focus on them. forcing myself to use these products will definitely help with the temptation to buy more by reminding me that I don't actually need it

• Like 1

Day 5 perfume sample: Dahlia Noir by Givenchy. It is sort of a sexy grandma smell if that makes any sense lol. I tend to like those. It isn't too floral-y (it reminds me most of a softer smelling version of the sea island cotton form BBW). Keeping this sample.