Toby Burke

Ipsy May 2015 *Spoilers

I love my bag this month!  (and that's a first in a long time!)

UD liner

Chella Brow Pencil

Luxe Brush

Klorane eye patches (I wonder if they are like the Skyn Iceland ones.)

Cotz sunscreen

I got the exact same bag!  I also love it.  For those getting the UD Liner/Gloss, if you look at the picture, it says there are 2 glosses included, Failbait (pinkish) and Bittersweet (purplish).  

• Like 1

I'm one of those people who are physically incapable of applying false eyelashes on myself even though I can do it perfectly on other people, so I wouldn't mind another pair to try out.  I'm doing my early access steps now though.  

ETA: 

I'm getting Alterna Haircare's Caviar CC cream - love CC creams 

Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide on Lip Pencil - Realllllllly stoked to try this 

BellaPierre Cosmetics Waterproof Mineral Gel Eyeliner Pencil - I now have enough eyeliner to last me through two apocalypses.  

Peter Lamas Detoxifying Citrus C Facial Cleanser - can always use more cleansers

and 

Pixi by Petra Beauty Bronzer - I'll probably pass this along to a friend unless I finally decide to give in and let myself get a bit of a tan this summer.  I usually try really hard to stay pasty because I like the look and I'm Native American, so if I go outside without SPF50 slathered on I turn brown brown brown in about three seconds.  Maybe I'll use a lower SPF this year... lol 

Edited by LethalLesal
  • Like 1

UD Lip pencil and gloss - pretty stoked about this. I'm not sure if there's a tube of gloss or if it's single-use bubbles, but I need a new clear lip liner anyway, so the gloss is just a nice extra.

Chella eyebrow pencil - My eyebrows are freaking dark - almost black, and the pencil is in taupe, apparently? I feel like it will be weirdly obvious, but I'm willing to give it a shot. I very rarely fill my eyebrows, but for a really dramatic/glam look it'll be useful. Serves me right for having my hair colour listed as "other" on the quiz, I guess. Not my fault half blue/half shaved wasn't an option :P

Luxie blending brush - super chuffed about this. I got the Luxie contour brush last time and the texture is amazing. I'm sure this blending brush will get a ton of use.

Bare Republic sunscreen - I feel like I got this last time it went out, when it was still listed as Coola. Oh well, it worked alright and I finished the tube, it'll be handy to have in my bag when I go to Disney later this year. Kind of boring though.

Peter Lamas cleanser - Sounds promising. Whenever I get a cleanser sample from Ipsy I initially complain but end up using it all so I'm trying to be less negative about this XD

Edited by Moonblossom

Quite possibly the best bag ever!

UD Lip gloss & pencil
Briogeo leave in conditioner spray
Pixi bronzer
Luxie blending brush
IT cosmetics CC cream

I don't know how I got so lucky to get both UD & IT cosmetics, but I'll take it.  :)

• Like 1

I signed up for a second subscription this month in hopes of getting the UD lip pencil on one of the two. Welllll I got it. In both, I'm getting the exact same bag twice.  :P

-Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on Lip Pencil and Revolution High-Color Lipgloss (yay)

-Balanced Guru Style Me Hair Oil (not a fan of hair oil but I suppose I'll try it)

-Chella Eyebrow Color Pencil (I needed an eyebrow pencil we'll see how this one goes)

-NUXE Rêve de Miel® Facial Cleansing and Make-Up Removing Gel (Kind of excited to use this)

-Jesse's Girl Pure Pigment Eye Dust (not excited about the color.

Overall I'm pretty happy about what I'm getting but I did not need 2 of everything. I guess they take the quiz seriously for me.  :rolleyes: Most if not all of the duplicates will be going to my trade list.

UD is by far my favorite brand so I am very happy with this bag!

• 24/7 lip pencil and gloss
  • Chella brow pencil
  • Jessie's Girl pigment
  • Pixi Bronzer
  • Sunscreen I think? 

Ugh!  My bank decided that my card had been compromised somewhere and then held off sending my new card for a few weeks.  I updated the info in my account, but apparently not before they tried charging it.  Soooo....now I am waiting for them to try  it again.  So no early access for me.  But while I wait in anticipation of lashes, self tanner, and bronzer, I will live vicariously through all of you.

I'm getting:

UD lip liner- excited to try this. I have a darker lip line that's hard to cover and I haven't found a nude pencil that works for me yet. It also comes with lip gloss samples so I'm stoked!

Pixie Bronzer- I'm almost out of my smashbox bronzer so good timing on this one.

Bellapierre eyeliner- Ipsy has sent me a stupid amount of black pencil eyeliner. At least this is a waterproof gel pencil.

Peter Lamas cleanser- I like getting skincare, hopefully this is a good one.

Alterna CC cream- I really wanted the Oscar Blandi dry shampoo but if this product lives up to its claims I'll be happy.

I wanted the Chella eyebrow pencil/Luxie blending brush this month but I still think I'm getting a good bag.

This is a little off-topic, but if any of you who have been with Ipsy for a really long time received the Starlooks gem liners at any point, they're currently selling them off grab-bag style. For five bucks, you get a gem pencil but you don't get to choose the colour. I lost mine, and it was one of my faves, so I grabbed four. Hopefully I get a nice variety.

http://starlooks.com/collections/eyes/products/hidden-gems

I'm getting:
UD liner/ gloss: I like UD, and needed something like this. Happy!
Balanced Guru Style me hair oil: meh, fine hair+ most oils = gross, we shall see if this is any different...
Peter Lamas Detox Citrus C cleanser: I will be able to leave cleansers to my kids in my will at this point..

Jesse's Girl Pure Pigment Eye Dust: Not a fan of loose shadows, boo!
Pixi By Petra Bronzer: Another item, along with the highlighters, I can will to future grandkids...

• Like 5

I'm getting:

UD liner/ gloss: I like UD, and needed something like this. Happy!

Balanced Guru Style me hair oil: meh, fine hair+ most oils = gross, we shall see if this is any different...

Peter Lamas Detox Citrus C cleanser: I will be able to leave cleansers to my kids in my will at this point..

Jesse's Girl Pure Pigment Eye Dust: Not a fan of loose shadows, boo!

Pixi By Petra Bronzer: Another item, along with the highlighters, I can will to future grandkids...

I had to laugh at your comment on cleansers, I feel the same way about hair products. I keep handing them out to friends since I couldn't use up my stash if I lived to be a 100, and now even my friends are threatening me if I try to give them one more LOL. Maybe this is a sign I have too many subs  :D

• Like 3

Did anyone actually get the glam glow? I'm not seeing it here in anyone's bag.

My 13-year-old is getting it in her bag.

• Like 1

I am getting:

Urban Decay - 24/7 Glide on Lip Pencil + BONUS Revolution High-Color Lipgloss: Oh come on Ipsy, I think we would rahter have a sample of the High-Color Lipgloss then the little tiny bonus you are giving us rather then the lip pencil.

BelláPierre Cosmetics - Waterproof Mineral Gel Eyeliner Pencil: I like this brand, hopefully this will work out good!

St. Tropez - One Night Only Instant Glow Body Lotion: Interested in this product! I have light skin, so I hope that this will not be too dark on me.

IT Cosmetics - Your Skin But Better® CC+® Cream with SPF 50+: Very excited about this! Love the Bye-Bye Undereye, and I can not wait for this sample!

Not Your Mother's Haircare - Déjà Vu `Do Style Extender: Interested in the red apple and berry scent, and while I do have hair style extenders, I have never had one that calimed to repel dirt and oil!

This bag does not seem as great as my April's but better than my March or Febuary bag!

Happy about this month! (:

Edited by Queennie

I really like my bag this month. The only sad part is that I'm getting the It CC cream and as much as I want to love it, it's too warm for me. The medium shade gives me an orange tint and the light is too light. But all in all, my glam bags are 1000% better now that I cleared my quiz minus a thing or two.

I finally got in to see my glam bags and they're pretty good.  I am a little confused on the bag though.  Are we all getting the one that says "Contents My Life" and the other ones are things some people will get in their bags, or are we getting one of the versions of the bag.  They're all cute, so I don't care which one they send, but I have no patience and want to know now lol.  This is what I'm getting in my bags:

Bag 1

Urban Decay lip liner

Belle Pierre eyeliner

Balanced Guru hair oil

Organic Pharmacy moisturizer

Luxie eye brush

Bag2

Urban Decay lip liner

Belle Pierre eyeliner

Briogeo spray in conditioner

Amie moisturizer

Luxie eye brush

I think someone was asking about the bag, whether the one in our preview photo was the one we were getting. My early access showed the "Contents: My Life" bag, but the one I received this morning is the "Contents: Very Important Stuff" one.

• Like 2

Did anyone actually get the glam glow? I'm not seeing it here in anyone's bag.

I got the Glamglow Cleanser, and it is probably going to be too harsh for my skin.. I hope not!

My bag is:

Jessie's Girl eye shadow

Klorane Smoothing and Relaxing patches

Glamglow ThirstyCleanse

Oscar Blandi Hair Lift Mousse

Luxie Beauty Tapered Blending Eye Brush

I already gave the volume hair mousse to my cleaning lady as my hair is extremely thick and long already. It's a BIG full size can, which barely fit in the Ipsy mailer and got a little dented in shipping. 

I think the Jesse's Girl eyeshadow looks like DIRT in the jar, but it may be pretty on, I can't tell yet.

Hoping the Glamglow cleanser will work with my sensitive skin. The Glamglow mud stuff in the black tube that was a sample in some box a few months ago made my face turn blood red and burn very badly. 

• Like 1

Wow - this morning I couldn't even access my bag (since I don't have facebook) and then this afternoon, I received the tracking email, received my bag and access on the site all at once!

Here's what I got:

- UD lip pencil / bonus lipgloss. . . I'll try it out but I wish it was a colour? I don't usually use lip pencils.  The "bonus" glosses are tiny!

- BellaPierre eyeliner. . . I can always use more liner but this is in Ebony and I think I have about 4 black liners at the moment. *sigh*

- Peter Lamas Detoxifying Citrus C Cleanser. . . not super exciting but I can always use a cleanser and this one has some nice ingredients.  We'll see if my skin likes it.

- Oscar Blandi Pronto Dry Shampoo Spray. . . I have never used a dry shampoo but I'm actually kind of excited to try it.  And this is HUGE - didn't fit in the Ipsy bag big :)

- Luxie Beauty Tapered Blending Eye Brush. . . well, I can always use nice brushes so we'll see how this is.

Second month in a row that I've actually been more excited about non-makeup items? Definitely strange! But at least I didn't get any bronzers, beige eye shadow or nude lippies :)

• Like 1

Oh my god, you guys, I am in love with the Chella eyebrow pencil. I was seriously underwhelmed when I found out I was getting it because I rarely fill in my eyebrows, and I thought it would be too light because my natural hair is so dark, but it's like the perfect sort of gentle neutral brown to define them without making them look "done".

• Like 2

Oh my god, you guys, I am in love with the Chella eyebrow pencil. I was seriously underwhelmed when I found out I was getting it because I rarely fill in my eyebrows, and I thought it would be too light because my natural hair is so dark, but it's like the perfect sort of gentle neutral brown to define them without making them look "done".

This makes me feel good about getting it- my brows are dark brown and I was worried the pencil would be too light.

I'm jealous! I wanted that Chella eyebrow pencil. Fingers crossed I get it another bag:)

I'm jealous! I wanted that Chella eyebrow pencil. Fingers crossed I get it another bag:)

This makes me feel good about getting it- my brows are dark brown and I was worried the pencil would be too light.

So I'm not wearing any other makeup and I'm tired and grumpy after work, but here's a comparison photo, one brow filled with the pencil and one (the one with the scar) natural. You guys can see how subtle and natural it looks.

tumblr_no9f4vlIFo1qcpwmwo1_540.jpg

• Like 4