PeridotCricket

Birchbox July 2015 (Spoilers)

Has anyone seen this?  It looks like Birchbox is partnering with GAP again.  From the gap_flood Instagram.

post-84666-0-10812500-1433658448_thumb.png

Edited by PeridotCricket
  • Like 1

I don't think this partnership has anything to do with the July box. Birchbox has been making noise on their various social media that you can now purchase birchbox products (their 'exclusive' brands like Beauty Protector, Parlor, etc) inside Gap locations in NYC, San Francisco, and Houston. These locations might also have a "build your own box" thing like at the Birchbox NYC store. I'm not sure if/when there are plans to bring it to Gap stores elsewhere.

• Like 4

I stopped by a Gap here in Chicago with the Birchboxes in store. Sadly, I have to report, you don't get to build boxes at the store I went to on State Street. You can buy a "pre-made" box for either the ladies or the gents. I can't remember specially what was in each, but I remember the ladies' box had the Amika dry shampoo, a Supergoop product, an Eyeko fat eyeliner in a sort of shimmery mocha color, and two other things. I can't recall the contents of the men's box other than earbuds. The items, I would think, are set since they were displayed in the plexiglass on top of the fixture (like the one in the pic posted earlier). They did also have this wacky subscription option available- you could sign up in store for three months for either the men or women's box. Here's the thing- if you decide to go for the subscription, you can walk out with your first box- there was a section of the fixture that had pre-made boxes, but they had the familiar outer shipping packaging, so I would think those would be complete surprises as to what's inside....

• Like 4

Sample choice video up on youtube for july!

Thanks for posting. I'm completely meh about all of the choices. Looking back though, July and August are historically meh months for me with Birchbox. Summer and I do not get along in any sphere.

aghhh.

I hate those shades for stila and I dislike that product in general  - I've already gotten this in my BB before - so I am getting a duplicate product.   I was thinking of getting the curated box so I wouldn't get stuck with the stila product, but they have it in there TOO.

blech.   

• Like 3

I already have Stila liquid lipstick from in Beso from August 2013 box.

I will probably get the coral color and the beachy bright box.

Well at least is month if bb forgets to send my PYS email I won't be upset. If they do I'll be choosing the stila in the pink or coral. As long as I don't get red I'm happy.

I love Stila liquid lipstick, I have a couple tubes of the Beso color and love it! Can't wait to pick that and I might pick the curated box for my other account. I like that they show you what one of beta box items will be; I'm definitely going to be canceling the upgrade I do not need anymore mascara. What's the Juara product in the curated box? I'm obsessed with their candlenut body creme. 

Looks like a great month to me! I think I'll even re-activate my second account so I can get a regular box and the guest editor box. I also like the turkish towels, but I have a couple from Popsugar already.

Now, I just hope I remember to do sample choice! I'm due with my first baby this Friday! Hopefully he makes it on time and I catch the e-mail next week in my sleep deprived state! :lol:

• Like 6

I've never tried or owned any liquid lipsticks before so I am excited for this month. The curated box is calling my name because it has theBalm in it, also the hair and skin product interest me. I looked at swatches and Venezia looks very orange, but I will probably pick it on my second account.

• Like 2

I'm excited for the stila liquid lipstick in beso. At least it is a fun multi use higher end product AND we get to choose a shade! The add ons this month are so so tempting. If I wasn't on a strict budget right now I would splurge on the Turkish towel and water bottle. I'm just going to hope the towel ends up in the shop in a couple months so I can use points!

I think I'm going to pick the lipstick in Bella.  I have Beso, and Venezia looks like itll be too orange for me.

So are we never getting the eyeko liners?

I think I'm going to pick the lipstick in Bella.  I have Beso, and Venezia looks like itll be too orange for me.

So are we never getting the eyeko liners?

That's what I was wondering. Maybe they will just throw it in as a sample in boxes randomly :/

From another post, sounds like those ended up in the boxes being sold at the Gap stores. :/

I'm actually kind of digging the curated box for July! I'm soooooo over seeing Supergoop in Birchbox, but I do like their products in general. I'm curious about the Juara scrub -- if it's like the Vasanti I'll be happy. I'm a total sucker for theBalm :)

I just reserved a Sunny Day Towel.  I noticed after I reserved it, that Birchbox Plus item are no longer returnable.

I think I want the curated box.  I was going to go for the Bella shade of Stila, so I think it is my best bet.  I want to try salt spray.  I have straight hair and never tried a salt spray.  I do love the design of the bold July box!   

Can someone please remind me when I can safely re-sub in order to get a July box. I don't want a June box but I want one of the July add ons. TIA!!

Thanks!

Also, do you get BB points for the add ons? I've never done an add on before so sorry for all the questions!