Birchbox July 2015 (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm actually kind of digging the curated box for July! I'm soooooo over seeing Supergoop in Birchbox, but I do like their products in general. I'm curious about the Juara scrub -- if it's like the Vasanti I'll be happy. I'm a total sucker for theBalm :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just reserved a Sunny Day Towel.  I noticed after I reserved it, that Birchbox Plus item are no longer returnable.

I think I want the curated box.  I was going to go for the Bella shade of Stila, so I think it is my best bet.  I want to try salt spray.  I have straight hair and never tried a salt spray.  I do love the design of the bold July box!   

Can someone please remind me when I can safely re-sub in order to get a July box. I don't want a June box but I want one of the July add ons. TIA!!

Thanks!

Also, do you get BB points for the add ons? I've never done an add on before so sorry for all the questions!

Thanks!

Also, do you get BB points for the add ons? I've never done an add on before so sorry for all the questions!
yes you do!  When they actually charge you for it, not when you add it on.

I went to ulta today to test the stila shades and they only had beso :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> it actually looks really nice with my tan but I'm not a big red person. I really wanted to test Venezia. I'll try to make it over to sephora and see if they have them.

I went to ulta today to test the stila shades and they only had beso :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> it actually looks really nice with my tan but I'm not a big red person. I really wanted to test Venezia. I'll try to make it over to sephora and see if they have them.
The other two shades are part of their summer line! They were at my ulta this morning!

Oh that's a good idea to go and actually test them out in person. I am 90% sure that none of the shades will really work on me, as I'm just not into bright colors on my lips. And I'm cooler toned, so I should probably go with pink over coral, but I know that of the three, I'm never going to wear that bright fushia.

I've been with birchbox for three years now, and I finally signed up for a second box, and this was a bad time to do it! For June I got two blue eyeliners and now in July I'll get two lipsticks that I most likely won't wear. I'm feeling like a grump!

Oh well, I do like the concept in theory - to allow us to pick our favorite option of a particular product. So I'll be happy about that and hope that next time they do it with shades of Jouer BB cream or something :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Oh that's a good idea to go and actually test them out in person. I am 90% sure that none of the shades will really work on me, as I'm just not into bright colors on my lips. And I'm cooler toned, so I should probably go with pink over coral, but I know that of the three, I'm never going to wear that bright fushia.

I've been with birchbox for three years now, and I finally signed up for a second box, and this was a bad time to do it! For June I got two blue eyeliners and now in July I'll get two lipsticks that I most likely won't wear. I'm feeling like a grump!

Oh well, I do like the concept in theory - to allow us to pick our favorite option of a particular product. So I'll be happy about that and hope that next time they do it with shades of Jouer BB cream or something :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
If it helps you at all I think Beso (the red) is cool toned. I lean toward cooler colors and that one looks great on me!

I'm going with the curated box. I'm especially interested in the oribe beach spray and the Juara scrub. Those are both new-to-me items and brands, and both are the types of products I use.

While I don't care for and hardly ever use bronzer, the balm always has the cutest packaging for their little samples....and this will look cute alongside my other little the balm samples- the "how 'bout them apples" cheek and lip tint and the "Cindy Lou-manizer." Honestly, when I see the packaging of the balm samples, the part of me that's still an 8 year old thinks "Yes! These will be perfect to use as vintage magazines for the nightstand in my Barbie townhouse!!" ...and then I remember that the Barbies are god-knows-where in my parents' attic and I'm in my mid-30s with responsibilities and bills and deadlines and life as a grown up ("grown up") is nowhere near as fabulous as I envisioned it 25 years ago when I had Barbie take the elevator to the third floor of her townhouse to read vintage magazines in her moonlit jacuzzi.

Um, so yeah, anyway, back to the curated box: I'm also excited for the stila liquid lipstick in Bella. This is an item I believe would seem more exciting and special in the curated box if it weren't the default sample for every box this month.

And the Supergoop serum is, like the last-minute obscure cover song, the filler material of this box. It's nothing special, not a hit-maker, but there's room left and they've gotta put something there.

If it helps you at all I think Beso (the red) is cool toned. I lean toward cooler colors and that one looks great on me!
Thanks! I ended up swinging by Ulta and you're right - the Beso was definitely the best color on me. And man, once you put that stuff on, it is on! I swatched each color on my hand and managed to get it all over myself, ha! Even the makeup removers they had there just smeared it around. I feel better after seeing the colors in person.

Sample choice page is up, but doesn't let you select anything yet. Is early access today or tomorrow?

I had it down on my calendar for today for Aces but was coming here for validation.

I can see everything but it states everything is out of stock....  Has anyone gotten an email?

I don't think PYS is live yet but the link is updated so it should be soon, here's screen shots:

Screen Shot 2015-06-24 at 10.49.35 AM.png

Screen Shot 2015-06-24 at 10.49.45 AM.png

Back