Birchbox July 2015 (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine (referred, not ACES) just now at 6P EST. I picked the Venezia. I have platinum hair and enough red lipstick so I figured I'd go crazy. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I was patiently waiting until tomorrow for my non-Ace account.  Then your post reminded me that I sent a referral so I check that (hardly-used) email.  Sure enough, I got the PYS email at 5:15.  I picked one pink, one red and one curated box.

Yes, I know, too addicted to sub boxes....  I need to join the addicts club!

I picked Venezia and got the curated box using points. I only got conformation for the curated box a few hours ago and already have tracking for it.

I finally got it yesterday around 5 and picked Bella.  I was struggling between Bella and Venezia and while I have lots of pink lippies, I think Venezia would be too orange for my skin.

I got mine, for both accounts this morning, am getting Venezia in one and the Beachy & Bright featured box in the other!  This is the first time I have ever gotten the featured box, so I am excited.

I thought all 3 shades were very pretty.  Before I made my pick, I looked up swatch pictures and reviews online.  Even though I have a million red lipsticks, I ended up picking Beso because it looks like such a nice formula.  Getting red lipsticks to look fresh and nice for a long time can be tough, so I look forward to giving this one a try.  

It was kind of cool that our sample choice this month was for color, I like it when they mix it up a bit. 

I thought all 3 shades were very pretty.  Before I made my pick, I looked up swatch pictures and reviews online.  Even though I have a million red lipsticks, I ended up picking Beso because it looks like such a nice formula.  Getting red lipsticks to look fresh and nice for a long time can be tough, so I look forward to giving this one a try.  

It was kind of cool that our sample choice this month was for color, I like it when they mix it up a bit. 
UUGHH! i usually always look up swatches online before i buy something, totally forgot for pys. now i gotta go check em out anyways just to see! lol i picked Venezia. 

Why am I not getting pys emails anymore???? I missed out on what I wanted two months in a row now! I'm just hoping I get Bella or Venezia but it didn't happen last month so why would it happen now? Ugh I think I'm going to email cs.

Why am I not getting pys emails anymore???? I missed out on what I wanted two months in a row now! I'm just hoping I get Bella or Venezia but it didn't happen last month so why would it happen now? Ugh I think I'm going to email cs.
One account didn't get the PYS last month, and this month, my other one didn't. It is frustrating.

I had a hard time choosing between the beso and venezia, but I ended up choosing venezia. I love love love red lippies, but I figured I might as well change things up a bit and hopefully find a new color I like. I've never tried this stila lip product and I've heard mixed reviews, but I'm always up for getting lip products. I just hope my birchbox is better this month that it has been the past few months.

Expires tomorrow!! Code for 20% off from my email, dont know if it will work for more than one person or not, they sent it for my 9th birchbox anniversary :laughno:   haha but expires tomorrow and i wanted the becca shimmering skin perfector, got an email that it was back in stock, and its already sold out! booo but below is 20% off code, expires tomorrow if anyone wants it!

SHAKEITUP

I swatched the stila lippies in Sephora yesterday and I'm glad I picked Bella.  Venezia definitely was too orange on my skin.  Gorgeous color, but not for me.

Slightly off-topic but has anyone ever sampled anything from Library of Flowers? The field kit looks so cute.  It seems like BB just sends the same scents over and over. 

I bought the curated box with points and got Bella and it doesn't transfer for me so I'm assuming Beso won't either!  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Can you review the samples (for points) in the box you purchased with points?

Is it worth using 100 points towards?

I can't decide if I should get one too or save my points for the next LE box :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Can you review the samples (for points) in the box you purchased with points?

Is it worth using 100 points towards?

I can't decide if I should get one too or save my points for the next LE box :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I don't think you can review the samples for points I wish you could! For me personally I think it was worth the 100 points because I'll use everything in it. I guess it depends on that!

Back