Birchbox July 2015 (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do not think mine can be right, keep in mind I have the add on +2 full size items for my box

This is what is showing up:

• Laura Geller Beauty Bronze-n-Brighten (in fair?)
  • Oribe Apres Beach Wave and Shine Spray
  • Dr. Jart+ Cermidin Liquid
  • dr. brandt Microdermabrasion Skin Exfoliant
  • Smashbox Cosmetics Full Exposure Mascara

I know that the Smashbox mascara is one of the full size products, but wonder which is the other?

If you take away two products, that means that I would have only have three samples, unlike what I normally get which is 4-5 samples.

I hope that my page is not loaded all the way, but it has been this way since yesterday.

Ah hopefully it turns out better by the 10th!

I have a weird box that doesn't even show the Stila item - I hope this isn't my box!!

• Juice Beauty® STEM CELLULAR™ Repair Moisturizer
  • Supergoop!® Advanced SPF 37 Anti-Aging Eye Cream
  • RUFFIAN Nail Lacquer - Ambrosia
  • RUFFIAN Dressing Room Nail Lacquer Remover Towelettes 
  • Ofra Universal Eyebrow Pencil
  • Harvey Prince Imperial Gardenia

I won't use any of these items :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Boy, BB, crapastic box this time, even without the stila!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a weird box that doesn't even show the Stila item - I hope this isn't my box!!

I won't use any of these items :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Boy, BB, crapastic box this time, even without the stila!!
I'm showing the same box, also without my Stila pick. My cheats have been wrong in the past so I'm hoping this is a mistake. The only item I would be excited for is the Ofra eyebrow pencil - it gets great reviews.

Just checked my cheat and here's what I am getting.....complete mixed bag:

Masqueology 7D syringe thing......yeah, I have no idea what it is either

Macadamia Oil Leave In Conditioning Mist- awesome since I had been thking of trying something new

They're Real mascara- (shrug)....we'll see...if it is black, I will try it, if not, it goes to Mom

Stila liquid lipstick in Bella (PYS)

Cartier Perfume eau de Cartier Gouette de Rose....Sephora describes it as bright and joyful.  Um, sure.

On an unrelated topic, I got an email last night that could not process my payment for my Plus item (I went with the towel).  Why?  They said they try to use the card that I use for my subscription, not the default card.  To quote my friend's four year old daughter, "Why would you do that?"  I mean, I literally made two purchases in the last two weeks and used my default card both times....why on earth would you try to use a card that hasn't been used since December?  Why not use the default card?  Meh....it's $24 that I shouldn't be spending on a towel for chrissakes....still irksome since this is the second time they did this.  

My month to month is getting- 

Avene Thermal Spring Water- um ok

Caudelie Divine Oil- got this on my other sub. Smells amazing

Dr. Jart Ceramidin- guess it's a primer

Amika Texture Spray- love the smell of their products. 

Stila- whatever color I picked for this account

The yearly sub: 

Supergoop- don't use sunscreen blah

Vasanti- got this on other account and love it

Harvey Prince Hello- ugh

Bumble and Bumble invisible oil- always wanted to try something from them yipee

Stila- whatever color I picked for this account

This is why I have two accounts. Between them I am getting one amazing box and one full of junk.

I am getting this on my 2nd account:

Supergoop CC cream (already have this in full size, so I'll definitely use it, good for travel)
clariSEA exfoliant (ugh, got this as a pick 2,, and the salt went everywhere..)
Klorane dry shampoo natural tint - excited to try this out
Rusk heatshift restyling cream - interested to try this out and hope its more of a volumizer
Stila - picked venezia (not sure if I made the right choice on this one.. was thinking of going with beso and not sure if this will look good on me. But since I have sephora's matte lip cream in always red, I thought I didn't really need beso haha.)

overall happy with this, but was hoping to get the oribe dry texturizing spray and the cool setting spray!

I'm showing the same box, also without my Stila pick. My cheats have been wrong in the past so I'm hoping this is a mistake. The only item I would be excited for is the Ofra eyebrow pencil - it gets great reviews.
This sounds like a box from last year. That happened to me one month, some random older box was on the cheat. It changed, I can't remember if it was before or on the 10th.

I always keep my second account a surprise, but on my main account I am getting:

Dr. Jart Ceramidin Liquid-not something I was drying to try, but I'll use it

StriVectin Advanced Retional eye cream-yay! Keep the eye cream samples coming so I don't have to pay $$$ for them!

Macadamia Professional Weightless Mositure Leave in Conditioning Mist-Yay! Love Macadamia hair prodcuts.

Key West Aloe Save a Tan-I don't go tanning but I guess I can use this as lotion after a day at the beach.

Stila Liquid Lipstick in Beso-Yay! I've been wanting to try this forever!

My cheat wasn't working (just kept going to the shop).  Then I saw a link for "resubscribe."  I guess my subscription ended.  I would have thought they would have sent me an email along the way saying that my subscription was comeing to and end or something.  And, I did the PYS and got confirmation.  Seems weird that they did that too.

I will resubscribe, but now I want to wait for a good deal/points.  I guess I can survive without a box this month....so far I'm not seeing anything I can't live without (and since I already have a billion other things to use up I'm okay).  But I feel some sadness.... :unsure:

Box twin. But I'm not as happy. Two SPF-type products is what kinda makes me sad. I mean, I'll give them a go, and keep my fingers crossed I find new loves in all my products. The dry texturizing spray seems interesting, and I'm always up for face scrubs (for a second, I got Dr. Brandt confused with the Dr. Jart and was super disappointed because the Jart products, for some reason, irritate my skin to no end, despite me not having sensitive skin at all) and I'm ALWAYS excited for a lippie, no matter what it is.
I'm ok with the spf because the body one is a firming cream which I love and it is the time of year for spf. I shouldn't need to buy sunscreen this year because I save all the products with spf that I get in boxes to use in summer. As long as I get a reusable makeup item that isn't eyeliner or black mascara and don't have shampoo or perfume I'm happy.

I won't use any of these items :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Boy, BB, crapastic box this time, even without the stila!!
I'm pretty certain this is a box from last July. I know that's when the Ambrosia Ruffians were sent, as well as the Ofra and Imperial Gardenia.

This is the exact box I got last July. 

Clicky truck on the account with the curated box, non-clicky truck on the account with a 'surprise' box.

For the non-curated box it says I am getting:

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular CC Cream

Coola Cucumber SPF 30
Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion exfoliant

Amika Undone Texture Spray

Stila liquid lippie (no clue what color, that account didn't get a PYS email)

Supergoop sunscreen... Yay I can always use more sunscreen

Vasanti brighten up! Trade..

Harvey prince hello... I like this scent but I'm kind of irritated I keep getting fragrances when I have that I don't want them on my account.

Bumble and bumble hairdresser's invisible oil primer. I don't think Ill like this but we will see.

Stila Venezia

I'm not very excited about anything but I'll wait til I get the box to judge for sure
Same box for me. I'm not particularly EXCITED about anything but I'll use all of it I think, with the possible exception of the hello. I tend to like "darker" scents and don't usually do citrus.

Two months of dud boxes and I finally got a good one!

Harvey prince hello perfume-I've gotten this on my other account and in bb5 and LOVE the scent so I welcome this

Super goop cc cream- love everything supergoop

Derme e- microderamasion scrub thing- I love all scrubs

Bumble and bumble volumizing hairspray- I'm confused by this. Is it used as a blow dry spray or hairspray? Either way I'll use it.

Stila- excited, hopefully I get venizia or Bella. I never got my pys sample. As long as it's not beso it'll be a fantastic box.

Here is my box:

Vasanti BrightenUp! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator - meh, I am set with skincare

Marcelle BB Cream Golden Glow - ok

amika Un.Done Texture Spray - ok

Davines SŪ Hair & Body Wash - ok, I guess because it can be body wash

Stila in Beso 

Overall its a pretty boring box, not exactly 

GO BOLD

I signed up this month with the SMP code to get the I Definitely Do box (I think that as the name of it).  I wasn't impressed with any of the Stilla choices.  So that makes the cheat for my box even that much more disappointing.  I'm supposed to be getting:

Juice Beauty CC cream

Dr. Brant exfoliant

Amika undone texture spray

Coola in cucumber (got mango last month)

Stilla

Ugh my cheat is still not working! I'm just hoping that I actually get a good box this month because my past three boxes have been not so good. I even cancelled all of my boxes expect for my main Ace account the boxes have been so bad for me.

I'm showing:

Amika Undone Texture Spray

Macadamia Professional Leave-in Conditioning Mist

Coola Makeup Setting Spray

The Balm Balm Desert Blush/Bronzer

Stila Liquid Lipstick (my PYS was Venezia)

Pretty solid box for me! I also bought the curated box with points. I'm wearing the Oribe Texture/Shine spray today, liking it so far. I didn't care for the Juara exfoliator; my skin just doesn't react great to enzyme exfoliators in general.

Latest posts

Back