Birchbox July 2015 (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For my cheat I'm showing a pretty great box compared to all of the others I've received...

Supergoop daily correct cc cream

Amika undone texture spray

Key West Aloe save a tan

Jouer daily clarifying treatment oil (yay!)

....and my PYS Stila in beso

I'm actually pretty happy with my box this month.  The past few months haven't been so great.  I'm getting...

*Juliette Has A Gun Not A Perfume:  I somehow haven't gotten a perfume sample in the past 5 months or so, I can't be too upset

*Coola SPF 30 Cucumber Moisturizer: I have dry skin so I'm happy with this

*Real Chemistry Peel: Excited to try

*Macadamia Leave In Conditioning Mist: Will get used

*Keratase Discipline Keratin Thermique: Never heard of this before but it seems interesting

*Stila Lipstick in Bella: Really excited for this!

At first I wished I would have chosen the curated box, but I'm pleasantly surprised with my box.

I heard back from them regarding my ordering the SMP box and getting a boring regular box instead.  It seems that the box was available "while supplies last" and they have run out of them.  I am pretty sure with todays technology it isn't all that hard to keep track of what you have in stock and to quit selling something when you no longer have it.  Especially sine they are still promoting it on their site as of this morning as an option for this month's box. 

My box is okay.

I've got:

-oribe dry texturizing spray

-whish body butter (GOOD GOD STOP SENDING ME WHISH)

-stila lippie

-thebalm balm desert

-strivectin eye cream

I'm fine with everything except Whish. I've gotten the shave cream twice, now the body butter, which I've gotten 2 or 3 times as a pick 2. 

I'm showing:

Amika Undone Texture Spray

Macadamia Professional Leave-in Conditioning Mist

Coola Makeup Setting Spray

The Balm Balm Desert Blush/Bronzer

Stila Liquid Lipstick (my PYS was Venezia)

Pretty solid box for me! I also bought the curated box with points. I'm wearing the Oribe Texture/Shine spray today, liking it so far. I didn't care for the Juara exfoliator; my skin just doesn't react great to enzyme exfoliators in general.
My account is showing the same box. With the exception of the texture spray, the box is perfect for me.
I also got the curated box with points, and I love it. I really hope they continue to offer the curated boxes for purchase.

so I can't check my cheat on my android.  I thought I saw it the other day but could't get it back on the screen.    I commented last month about that Harvey Prince, yes I got the spray.  ugh and now Ipsy has cursed me with that perfume which is part of Harvey Prince.  So over Harvey Prince!!!

so I can't check my cheat on my android.  I thought I saw it the other day but could't get it back on the screen.    I commented last month about that Harvey Prince, yes I got the spray.  ugh and now Ipsy has cursed me with that perfume which is part of Harvey Prince.  So over Harvey Prince!!!
I've never been able to pull up the cheat on mobile (android). If you figure it out, definitely share!

I heard back from them regarding my ordering the SMP box and getting a boring regular box instead.  It seems that the box was available "while supplies last" and they have run out of them.  I am pretty sure with todays technology it isn't all that hard to keep track of what you have in stock and to quit selling something when you no longer have it.  Especially sine they are still promoting it on their site as of this morning as an option for this month's box. 
This is so frustrating!  I too wanted the SMP box so I un-subbed ad re-subbed using the code on June 9.  For a while my account showed the SMP code and the notation "Style Me Pretty box as the first box" but that wording disappeared around Sample Choice time.   I sent a email to Customer Service just to confirm that I would still be getting the SMP box in July and was told that the SMP code was valid for NEW subscribers only and that I would be getting a regular July box.  OK fine.  Since... like you said they are STILL promoting the SMP box and the code still works I referred myself and created a NEW account using the SMPBOX code and again my (new) account read SMP box as the first box.  AND after reading what you posted about it being out of stock I checked my account again and SURE ENOUGH all mention of the SMPBOX code and "Style Me Pretty" box has now disappeared.  UGH!!  If CS had just been honest and told me it was out of stock!!!!   :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

my correct box finally loaded

• Whish Three Whishes Body Butter
  • Marcelle Clay Mask
  • Benefit They're Real! Push-Up Liner
  • stila look at me liquid lipstick
  • Bumble and bumble. Hairdresser's Invisible Oil
is the benefit full sized?  That would be cool! 

That would make up for the lipstick and the hair oil, which I won't use.

my truck is not clickable yet but it says tracking information currently unavailable. i dont remember it ever saying that. my box looks bad for me, not fond of it. they are giving me the liner, but i just won it last month lol oh well. hair oil, i have tons, and lotion. ehhh could be worse i guess

Screenshot (7).png

I just managed to get on a computer to check tracking, and my beachy bright curated box says it's coming TODAY!! I'm so excited - I was assuming it wouldn't arrive before I leave for my cruise vacation this weekend!

Woohoo!

2nd box loaded (from one of the 50% off codes from last month):

Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray (great, something I use, already double the $5 I paid for the box)

Miracle Skin Transformer Body SPF 20 (is this like body makeup, may swap)

Supergoop Serum SPF 30 (another one, but SPF is always great)

Dr. Brandt microdermabrasian exfoliant (another one, but also something I use)

Stila (will keep if I get the red and swap if I get the other two I already have)

I'm curious if the codes from June have set expiration dates or not. For $5, this is a great box. Very happy.

my correct box finally loaded

• Whish Three Whishes Body Butter
  • Marcelle Clay Mask
  • Benefit They're Real! Push-Up Liner
  • stila look at me liquid lipstick
  • Bumble and bumble. Hairdresser's Invisible Oil
is the benefit full sized?  That would be cool! 

That would make up for the lipstick and the hair oil, which I won't use.
My box also loaded to the same as yours. I've gotten the Benefit Push-Up Liner before - the sample was so small, it was actually unusable and I had to throw it out.

I reallllly hope my cheat is wrong:

Supergoop serum (eh - ok)

Jour Matte Moisture Tint (eh - ok)

Stila in Bella (PYS)

Mizu shampoo, conditioner & hair rinse (STOP WITH THE SHAMPOO & CONDITIONER! THIRD MONTH IN A ROW WITH SHAMPOO AND CONDITIONER!)

Cartier Basier Vole Perfume (haven't received perfume in a while, so I guess this is ok)

Only upside is that it's a 7 item box, but considering I'm only excited about the lipgloss, I'm breaking up with BB. This is my last month in my 1-year sub. So annoyed. In my profile, I specifically didn't check hair products in the profile question about favorite types of products, yet I have received 1-3 hair products in every.single.box.

Sorry, had to vent. LOL

@Juls802  if you get a color that matches your skin tone, the Jour Matte Moisture Tint is amazing! It is my daily foundation.

Latest posts

Back