Birchbox July 2015 (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am not sure if I should give Amika spray a try or put it in the swap pile. Did anybody try it before? Is it like a dry shampoo? Does it make hair stiff?
Looks like you got the Amika texture spray. I haven't used it but I've used the dry shampoo and really like it. I was considering getting the texture spray since the dry shampoo works so well. if you try it, let us know how it is. I've used other texture sprays and they usually just add great texture and volume to hair. I like to use them to bring out the layers in my hair the second day after washing.

Box came today! I already used the stila. Wow it's bright but I like it. That's the only one I tried so far. Sample sizes are pretty good impressed with the supergoop! size. They stepped it up. All of the sizes are good except the miracle body. That is only half full and it's a small tube (for body) to begin with. Good size if it was a face product but not body :*( happy with my box.

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like you got the Amika texture spray. I haven't used it but I've used the dry shampoo and really like it. I was considering getting the texture spray since the dry shampoo works so well. if you try it, let us know how it is. I've used other texture sprays and they usually just add great texture and volume to hair. I like to use them to bring out the layers in my hair the second day after washing.
Thanks Reija :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yes, I got the Un.done texture spray. It has obliphica in it. I previously used the Hairkop brand obliphica hair oil I received in my BB or one of the MSPs long time ago and it made my hair really soft and shiny. So, I think this will be good too. I read some reviews online and they all say good things about this product.

I will give this a try and definitely let you know how it is. 

Box came today! I already used the stila. Wow it's bright but I like it. That's the only one I tried so far. Sample sizes are pretty good impressed with the supergoop! size. They stepped it up. All of the sizes are good except the miracle body. That is only half full and it's a small tube (for body) to begin with. Good size if it was a face product but not body :*( happy with my box.
nice box! I love the Oribe dry spray. I ran out recently and haven't bought it yet because it's so pricey.

I cannot share my box for points on Twitter yet. Were any of you be able to get 10 points for sharing the July box? 

I'm getting box 70. The cheat showed cucumber coola SPF but I'm actually getting the unscented coola matte SPF. I'm not very happy because I have already received the matte tint and marcelle golden glow on my second account. It seems I am never happy with random boxes on my annual sub, I have changed my profile several times and it has not helped.

My July box has shipped but "this month" still shows June...anyways, my cheat page has me really excited; I have the upgraded box and I'm pretty sure I'd be happy to get any of these in full size:

Laura Geller Beauty Bronze-n-Brighten

Oribe Apres Beach Wave and Shine Spray

Dr. Jart + Ceramidin Liquid

dr. brandt microdermabrasion skin exfoliant

Smashbox Cosmetics Full Exposure Mascara (full size)

StriVectin-AR Advanced Retinol Eye Treatment 

Stila liquid lipstick (no sample choice email for me  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> )

This is only my third box - do any of you veterans think this is too good to be true? Also does anyone have the same/a similar box??

My July box has shipped but "this month" still shows June...anyways, my cheat page has me really excited; I have the upgraded box and I'm pretty sure I'd be happy to get any of these in full size:

Laura Geller Beauty Bronze-n-Brighten

Oribe Apres Beach Wave and Shine Spray

Dr. Jart + Ceramidin Liquid

dr. brandt microdermabrasion skin exfoliant

Smashbox Cosmetics Full Exposure Mascara (full size)

StriVectin-AR Advanced Retinol Eye Treatment 

Stila liquid lipstick (no sample choice email for me  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> )

This is only my third box - do any of you veterans think this is too good to be true? Also does anyone have the same/a similar box??
I think your other full size is Laura Geller bronzer. It's so good, I'm sure you'll like it.

This seems like a very good box. Enjoy your goodies ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The tracking numbers for July for my 2 accounts are invalid. Both are from 2014 to addresses I don't even live at and say delivered. So annoying.

Oh I didn't know that. I learned about MSA swap system on MUT, so I thought it might be okay. @@Reija please let me know if it is not okay to recommend MSA swap, so that I can remove it from my previous post ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20">
@@pearldrop Sorry I somehow missed this question. I'm very easy going so it's perfectly ok to reference MSA on MUT. Many people use both sites for information and that's perfectly ok. We don't expect you ladies to only stick to MUT. We prefer you are on here of course  ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20">  but understand that people go to different places for info and posting your swaps on both MSA and here would only benefit people which is perfectly ok. We had our swap/trading section years before MSA even existed. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20"> Like I mentioned before, this site is for the benefit of you all who are on here so I'm ok with whatever helps you all. I want MUT to be a place of home for you all where you can freely discuss things and enjoy being here without having to worry about "getting in trouble" for perhaps referencing MSA or things like that. Per our terms of service recommending other forums in an effort to get people to leave MUT is not allowed (most large forums have this rule understandably) but MSA isn't really a forum per say so it's ok and with subscriptions, both places are great for info. As long as people aren't telling others to leave MUT by soliciting other forums or personally attacking someone we are good.  ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20">  Sorry for such a long response I just wanted all of you to know that we are very easy going here and encourage various discussion and hope you can see/feel MUT being your place of home where you can feel safe to discuss things.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20">

Back to BB, I'm not looking ahead of time what my box is like, I like surprises so I like to stay spoiler free with my BB boxes. I like opening the box and having no idea what might be in there although most of the time it's brands/samples I've received before so it's not really that big of a surprise. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20">  

that is good to know, @@Reija!  A year ago, I mentioned it to another member here because she was looking for something, and a mod (no longer here) told me it wasn't allowed!

I am glad to here we can reference that site - I swap over there all the time :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Mine came yesterday.  I think it was a fairly good box, but I wish they would include more makeup.  My only makeup item was the liquid lipstick, which I'm excited to try - but I don't need quite so much skincare or haircare. 

Box twin. I'm a little disappointed because I set up a second account to get the curated box to pick two lip colors and take advantage of points for buying a full size item and I got the oribe dry texturizing spray in it for June, the the wave spray in the curated, then the dry texture spray in my normal account for July. I have three bottles of the worst smelling hair stuff ever that works fabulously. I don't know why so many people love this scent!

The supergoop was also a dupe between the curated and this one. That's fine and a risk I take but man I hate supergoop stuff. I live ten minutes from the ocean and it rains every day even if it's just five minutes. Supergoop runs like mad into my eyes if my face gets wet and is really hard to blend in. I'm a Coola girl all the way! Jealous of everyone who got the Coola setting spray!

I'm unsure of the body bb cream. I don't like to have any tan if I can help it and load up on sunscreen all year round. I think it'll depend on how fake tan it looks.

But overall I'm still happy (I know it doesn't sound like it!) because I love trying new stuff and I am so in love with the two stilas I went to ulta today and bought two full sizes in other colors so now I have four of them. They are my new favorite makeup item. I've been looking for a liquid to matte lipstick that lasts this long. Here's a tip I've learned wearing it these past few days--the color will stay all day even through swimming but it will transfer to everything you touch even hours later. If you put colorless setting powder on top, it doesn't transfer at all. To take it off, I run a smear of the rosy lips Vaseline on top, wait a few minutes, and it wipes right off.

ETA: Oh and I love every single thing Dr Brandt makes so I'm super excited to try this. And theBalm and juara in the curated box are awesome. The combo of the two stila, theBalm Bronzer, and the juara gave me an awesome box. The oribe works well, but I have to spray perfume in my hair after a bit because I can't stand the smell. I think I'm the only person on the planet that hates the scent they use.

The tracking numbers for July for my 2 accounts are invalid. Both are from 2014 to addresses I don't even live at and say delivered. So annoying.
same here -my tracking is from 2014.  I emailed CS they said they know about it - their vendor gave them the wrong numbers this month and my box is on the way. 

I've had BB for 4 years and have been debating just letting my sub go when it expires which is this month. A part of me still wants it but my last few boxes have been disappointing. I started a 2nd box with them that so far has only been hair care items which I don't use. I feel the samples have gotten a lot smaller, I never get a bonus sample anymore when I used to. Remember when they added in snacks occasionally?
I still dream about the Fatty Sunday's peppermint milk chocolate pretzels they sent in the December 2013 box. If only the shipping wasn't so high from the company.

Latest posts

Back