Birchbox July 2015 (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Box came today! I already used the stila. Wow it's bright but I like it. That's the only one I tried so far. Sample sizes are pretty good impressed with the supergoop! size. They stepped it up. All of the sizes are good except the miracle body. That is only half full and it's a small tube (for body) to begin with. Good size if it was a face product but not body :*( happy with my box.
I got my box today (same box), and I'm as impressed as you are with the sizes! The liquid lipstick is a SUPER pretty red and smells like cake. I already love it. Can't wait for tomorrow to try my dry texturizing spray. The miracle body sample is disappointing considering I'm supposed to use it on both my legs at least. 

My July box has shipped but "this month" still shows June...anyways, my cheat page has me really excited; I have the upgraded box and I'm pretty sure I'd be happy to get any of these in full size:

Laura Geller Beauty Bronze-n-Brighten

Oribe Apres Beach Wave and Shine Spray

Dr. Jart + Ceramidin Liquid

dr. brandt microdermabrasion skin exfoliant

Smashbox Cosmetics Full Exposure Mascara (full size)

StriVectin-AR Advanced Retinol Eye Treatment 

Stila liquid lipstick (no sample choice email for me  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> )

This is only my third box - do any of you veterans think this is too good to be true? Also does anyone have the same/a similar box??
I got the same box! I think I read that some people get lucky and get 7 items a box, I'm hoping this is true!

I'm excited to be getting a 7-item box! But it totally changed on the last day, which I find interesting. This is the first time mine has changed and goes to show you can't depend on the early 'sneek peek.' But it IS usually correct.

I'm gettin the Jouer tinted moisturizer, Dr. Jart Ceremiden cream, the three Davines Minu products, Stilla in Venezia, and ClariSEA Rapid Detox Charcoal Exfoliant.

I think this is a great box, but after almost three years I think I'm ready to take a break. I have one more month on my subscription and honestly,I think I have all my HG products, except for a lipstick and balm. I think I will sample from Choix for a while to get the perfect lip product. I love Model Co lip set, but haven't found lip products to be 'earth-shatteringly' fabulous.

Last edited by a moderator:
I used my Stila today and went to wash it off when I got home. I generally just use a damp cloth to wipe my lipsticks off. I had to SCRUB it off. I could have used soap, but I wasn't in the mood to taste soap which almost always happens to me, because I can't control myself for some reason. But it also lasted a 9 hour day, including chinese food for dinner and drinking water/energy drinks all day with minimal transfer. I really like this product!

I'm excited to be getting a 7-item box! But it totally changed on the last day, which I find interesting. This is the first time mine has changed and goes to show you can't depend on the early 'sneek peek.' But it IS usually correct.

I'm gettin the Jouer tinted moisturizer, Dr. Jart Ceremiden cream, the three Davines Minu products, Stilla in Venezia, and ClariSEA Rapid Detox Charcoal Exfoliant.

I think this is a great box, but after almost three years I think I'm ready to take a break. I have one more month on my subscription and honestly,I think I have all my HG products, except for a lipstick and balm. I think I will sample from Choix for a while to get the perfect lip product. I love Model Co lip set, but haven't found lip products to be 'earth-shatteringly' fabulous.
I am hearing great things about Tata Harper volumizing lip & cheek tint and Baume de Rose by Terry as great lip products. Did you get a chance to try them? 

I used my Stila today and went to wash it off when I got home. I generally just use a damp cloth to wipe my lipsticks off. I had to SCRUB it off. I could have used soap, but I wasn't in the mood to taste soap which almost always happens to me, because I can't control myself for some reason. But it also lasted a 9 hour day, including chinese food for dinner and drinking water/energy drinks all day with minimal transfer. I really like this product!
Micellar water works great to remove it (and it has no taste/smell).

I use Vichy Purete Thermale 3 in 1 on a cotton pad and it removes the Stila lipstick in seconds ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

It stays on definitely long! I put on mine at around 3pm today and it survived through the day and cheese and chocolate fondue dinner. There was still some of it on when I arrived home around 10pm :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

this was the first month that the cheat changed on me when boxes loaded, getting the same as the one that was posted with the lip swatch. so happy! i didnt want the other one anyway lol

Received my box today

Coola Makeup Setting Spray

dr. brandt  microdermabrasion skin exfoliant

MDSolarSciences Mineral Creme

Oribe Apres Beach wave and shine spray--like this

Stila Liquid lipstick in Beso--too bright for me gave to my daughter in law

The best thing this month for me was the box. The prints are beautiful.

So, when looking at my box page, I realized I had already received the Coola cucumber sample. I emailed CS, since we aren't suppose to get repeats. I got an email back that basically said "we are looking into it; thanks for your patience." Does CS usually email back? I would love to try a different new sample, even a different Coola product, but I would really like 10 points because that would push me to 600. 

Got my box today. I'm not happy with the juice beauty at all and I got a coola sample last month, but the stila is awesome. It's very pigmented and it stays put. I'm also excited to try the amika and the scrub.

image.jpg

Looks like you got the Amika texture spray. I haven't used it but I've used the dry shampoo and really like it. I was considering getting the texture spray since the dry shampoo works so well. if you try it, let us know how it is. I've used other texture sprays and they usually just add great texture and volume to hair. I like to use them to bring out the layers in my hair the second day after washing.
I tried the Amika texture spray and it was disappointing. It made my hair look matte and feel crunchy, I had to wash my hair to get rid of the rough feel :/

Got my box today. I'm not happy with the juice beauty at all and I got a coola sample last month, but the stila is awesome. It's very pigmented and it stays put. I'm also excited to try the amika and the scrub.
I got the Dr. Brandt scrub as deluxe sample from Sephora a while back and I really like it.

I tried the Juara scrub that came in one of my boxes last night and was also pretty pleased with it. Often the enzymatic stuff makes my skin sting and causes a lot of redness, but this one seemed to do a good job without any irritation, and I even had a little bit of hormonal acne flaring up before I used it.

I got my box yesterday.  The Stila in Bella is INTENSE.  My husband was alarmed when he came in and I had it on :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
 I did get a kick out of all the terrible reviews on the BB website. My favorite was the woman who said she gave it to her nieces as play makeup after stating that it was too bright, got all over everything and wouldn't wash off. :laughno:   

I agree I got Stila in Beso and the stuff doesn't come off your lips but comes off on everything else and it's sooo bright but dries so matte. I love the color just wish it weren't so matte. 

my box totally changed on me! 

amika Un.Done Texture Spray (yeah, I wanted to try this)

Macadamia Professional™ Weightless Moisture Leave-In Conditioning Mist (smells nice and this is for fine hair, which I have)

COOLA SPF 30 Organic Makeup Setting Spray this is a small sample, so I will give it a try. I actually do not mind coola products

theBalm® cosmetics Balm Desert® Bronzer/Blush meh - I have received so many bronzers lately, that a sample isn't worth it

stila look at me liquid lipstick in Venezia (very hot pink-coral - nope, I knew I wasn't going to like any of these colors)

So, I actually am happy about the 3 products I will use. It was just bad timing on theBalm, as I have received two full sized bronzers elsewhere, otherwise, I would have liked it.

pretty okay with this box!

Back