Birchbox July 2015 (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a picture of my box and the upgrade box. Overall I'm really happy with the box and also the upgrade items. Love the fact that the upgraded items were packaged in a separate box. (Also posted in the upgrades thread). Glad I decided to try an additional month with the upgrades instead of canceling after last month. The Stila definitely won't work for me. I tried and it's the orange type of shade I've been looking for because I've seen so many look so good with the type of lip color. Myself not so much. I definitely look like a clown with it on. Not a look my kids are used to and thought mom looked crazy. Hubby didn't care for it either.

image.jpg

image.jpg
That's a really lovely box.

I seem to have the best luck when I leave my boxes up to chance (although I've got less stellar ones as well that way) but overall I think I get better boxes if I leave them to chance versus picking the sample choice.

I restarted birchbox last month to get the "style me pretty" box, because I could use nearly everything. (And that hair tie!) This months box was disappointed. The lipgloss was bright. There was smelly lotion and hair products. And supergoop. So tired of supergoop, there was a full size in popsugar. I love the birchbox point system, but my boxes...sigh. 

Obviously a little later than most of y'all, I forgot to update my card so my box just shipped and still isn't even showing up on my box page yet. I had to do a bit of sleuthing but the link y'all posted earlier solved my problem. So, a few questions, since patience isn't my strong suit, lol:

Does anyone know what color Stila came with this box variation?

Also, did they send out only black or the newer colors for the They're Real mascara? I would absolutely love to try it in Beyond Brown.

July 2015 BB.PNG

The cheat is working for me as well:

Stila (PYS)

Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray

Coola Cucumber SPF 30

Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion Skin Exfoliant

Benefit They're Real Mascara

I've already gotten the Oribe from the Beachy & Bright box, but I'll use it. It's a nice product. The Benefit mascara looks like it has a few color options, so I'll use it if it is black. I've got a tube of the Mango Coola from a past box, but SPF is always useful. I'll use the exfoliant, and I will use the Stila. It's a nice box, if not the most exciting. I'm please there are no perfumes and no tinted makeup items (fair means pasty, Birchbox, not orange). 
I'm getting this same box, what color Stila did you get? Did they end up sending out just black for the Benefit mascara or did you get brown or blue?

The 50 road trip points posted and made me an ace so now I finally get sample choice earlier, yay! I also shared my box on Twitter for the first time. I always assumed it was Facebook only but noticed you get 10 points for Twitter. I feel like I lost out on a lot of points but now I know better!

Obviously a little later than most of y'all, I forgot to update my card so my box just shipped and still isn't even showing up on my box page yet. I had to do a bit of sleuthing but the link y'all posted earlier solved my problem. So, a few questions, since patience isn't my strong suit, lol:

Does anyone know what color Stila came with this box variation?

Also, did they send out only black or the newer colors for the They're Real mascara? I would absolutely love to try it in Beyond Brown.
This is the box I got! The mascara was black and the Stila was Venezia. My friend also got this box with the same colors of mascara and Stila.

I was so disappointed when I opened my box today. I had already peaked and nothing really jumped out at me as something I would be in love with but I wanted to try it out. But I open my box and boom nothing that my page said would be in there not even the color stila I chose :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I don't mind getting Venzia because that is a color I would normally choose but that is exactly why I didn't choose it I wanted to try something new. I don't have anything like Bella. So I emailed support but I am not sure I will really be happy with them trying to give me 100 points or something because I just want the Bella. So hopefully they can send me one then I don't even care about the rest of the box.

Back