Birchbox July 2015 (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used the invisible oil from Bumble and Bumble. My hair is fine, naturally curly and tends to get oily after a blow out (think Prof. Snape). Some products are too heavy and make freshly washed hair look greasy/dirty. This was actually worked really well. My only complaint is that I wasn't blown away by the smell. It's nice but nothing amazing. Here is where I would add an emoticon using a hairdryer if there was such a thing.

I need to try mine. I keep forgetting to try it. I got a bigger size in the latest Allure box.

It is funny everyone is having such a difficult time with the stila. It was entertaining reading some of the reviews. Personally I really love it, but I watched bb's video on how to apply it. I got beso. I really want to try a shade from this line that isn't so bright. I haven't checked out the shades yet though. To apply I start on the bottom lip and I only use the same section of the wand the whole time. Then I use the bottom lip to transfer excess to the top lip and just fill in the very top. I never double dip the applicator. Let it dry, blot once or twice. It doesn't transfer. I love this formula!

It is funny everyone is having such a difficult time with the stila. It was entertaining reading some of the reviews. Personally I really love it, but I watched bb's video on how to apply it. I got beso. I really want to try a shade from this line that isn't so bright. I haven't checked out the shades yet though. To apply I start on the bottom lip and I only use the same section of the wand the whole time. Then I use the bottom lip to transfer excess to the top lip and just fill in the very top. I never double dip the applicator. Let it dry, blot once or twice. It doesn't transfer. I love this formula!
I agree, I didn't have an issue with it once I figured out the formula. I really like this product, just not the hot pink that mine came in  <_<  Maybe I should start throwing 80s parties just so I can wear it.

I used my Stila today and went to wash it off when I got home. I generally just use a damp cloth to wipe my lipsticks off. I had to SCRUB it off. I could have used soap, but I wasn't in the mood to taste soap which almost always happens to me, because I can't control myself for some reason. But it also lasted a 9 hour day, including chinese food for dinner and drinking water/energy drinks all day with minimal transfer. I really like this product!
I use makeup wipes to remove it.  I got Stila Beso in a Birchbox a couple years ago and makeup wipes or makeup remover on a cotton pad have saved me a lot of scrubbing to get it off. 

Does anyone else get more excited over the box designs than the products in them?! I save all of my boxes because they're too pretty to throw away and keep all the loser products in a separate bin from all my usual makeup

anyone having trouble getting points when reviewing products.  I go to review a product and then it doesn't give me the 10 points.  Then it saw that I already reviewed the product.

Mine finally arrived today (the beachy and bright one arrived early last week). I was impressed with the bb plus item. The sunglasses were packaged nicely!

image.jpg

i got beso when i was supposed to get venezia, just got my box today, its so late, but hopefully they will make it right, i emailed them the screenshot of my sample choice and the one i received so we shall see

i got beso when i was supposed to get venezia, just got my box today, its so late, but hopefully they will make it right, i emailed them the screenshot of my sample choice and the one i received so we shall see
I got Venezia and I was suppose to get Beso!

I was looking at the Allure box, this months box was great! How do you sign up for it? I couldn't figure it out and finally gave up.
I am bad at pasting hyperlinks so I will describe what I did. In google search for allure beauty box. The first result is an article called Inside the Allure Beauty Box. There will be a clickable spot in the article on how to sign up. That takes you to the page where you can subscribe. I don't know if this works because I have too many subs to justify adding another.

Here is the hyperlink to the box sign up page. It's just gibberish.

https://w1.buysub.com/pubs/N3/ALL/beautybox_landing.jsp?cds_page_id=186691&cds_mag_code=ALL&cds_response_key=%20S5TALB14

The third google result just tells you that the box for July sold out. The second is junk about the site crashing in May. 

Here is a picture of my box and the upgrade box. Overall I'm really happy with the box and also the upgrade items. Love the fact that the upgraded items were packaged in a separate box. (Also posted in the upgrades thread). Glad I decided to try an additional month with the upgrades instead of canceling after last month. The Stila definitely won't work for me. I tried and it's the orange type of shade I've been looking for because I've seen so many look so good with the type of lip color. Myself not so much. I definitely look like a clown with it on. Not a look my kids are used to and thought mom looked crazy. Hubby didn't care for it either.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back