Birchbox July 2015 (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been noticing that people on threads for Birchbox and Ipsy are becoming less and less enthusiastic about their boxes. There was always a bit of bag/box envy. But now it seems like everyone is just underwhelmed. Does anyone recall the good ole days? What were they like? It feels like everything started going downhill when I joined. 

I swear, I have fine, straight hair that needs texture and volume and BB sends me HAIR OIL.

I wish they do a collaboration with someone with great taste like Eva Chen (her cosmetics/skincare choices are fabulous) or Leandra Medine (Man Repeller).

I swear, I have fine, straight hair that needs texture and volume and BB sends me HAIR OIL.
I have thick, curly hair and all I'm getting lately is hair spray or texturizing sprays I don't get it. I don't use hairspray or texturizing sprays period, last couple months I'm just getting hair care products and hardly any makeup. 

I've been noticing that people on threads for Birchbox and Ipsy are becoming less and less enthusiastic about their boxes. There was always a bit of bag/box envy. But now it seems like everyone is just underwhelmed. Does anyone recall the good ole days? What were they like? It feels like everything started going downhill when I joined. 
I've had BB for 4 years and have been debating just letting my sub go when it expires which is this month. A part of me still wants it but my last few boxes have been disappointing. I started a 2nd box with them that so far has only been hair care items which I don't use. I feel the samples have gotten a lot smaller, I never get a bonus sample anymore when I used to. Remember when they added in snacks occasionally? 

R+Co ATLANTIS Moisturizing Shampoo

Macadamia Professional Weightless Moisture Leave-In Conditioning Mist

Supergoop!® Anti-Aging City Sunscreen Serum SPF 30

Harvey Prince Hello Body Cream

English Laundry Eau de Parfum No. 7

The only item I really want to try is the conditioning spray.  I am not at all pleased to be getting perfume AGAIN, 4th month in a row (although I specified I do not want fragrance).  Nor am I thrilled to get the fragranced body cream in the very fragrance of perfume they sent me last month. This is the 3rd month getting Supergoop product, although I will find a use for it.  I informed them I color my hair and the shampoo contains sulfates, which means it will strip my hair if I use it. 

I don't know how much longer I will be keeping this subscription. 

I am new to communities like this, is there a place to trade items?

Last edited by a moderator:
@@laura10801 Oh sorry to hear that, hope your boxes will get better.

You can try registering at swap.mysubscriptionaddiction.com

@@pearldrop, thank you very much.  I just realized that may have sounded sharp, especially for my first post.  If so, I appologize.  I'm really a very nice person.

R+Co ATLANTIS Moisturizing Shampoo

Macadamia Professional Weightless Moisture Leave-In Conditioning Mist

Supergoop!® Anti-Aging City Sunscreen Serum SPF 30

Harvey Prince Hello Body Cream

English Laundry Eau de Parfum No. 7

The only item I really want to try is the conditioning spray.  I am not at all pleased to be getting perfume AGAIN, 4th month in a row (although I specified I do not want fragrance).  Nor am I thrilled to get the fragranced body cream in the very fragrance of perfume they sent me last month. This is the 3rd month getting Supergoop product, although I will find a use for it.  I informed them I color my hair and the shampoo contains sulfates, which means it will strip my hair if I use it. 

I don't know how much longer I will be keeping this subscription. 

I am new to communities like this, is there a place to trade items?
There used too be a trade thread for every month for almost every sub box but I don't think there's one for Birchbox July yet. Personally, I've been trying more and more items in my subs, so I have less to trade. Like this month, I'm getting the Oribe Beach Wave and Shine Spray, Dr Brandt Microdermabrasion Exfoliant, MDSolarSciences sunscreen, COOLA Makeup Setting Spray and Stila Beso. Normally I'd swap everything but the Stila but I've been trying to use spf more and finally fit it into my skincare routine so I'm going to at least try the Coola. And if the Oribe is good for shine I'll probably try that out for a while. I wish Birchbox would stop with the fragrances though. I have never received one that I liked and I've gotten every Harvey Prince there is, couldn't stand any of them.

@@pearldrop, thank you very much.  I just realized that may have sounded sharp, especially for my first post.  If so, I appologize.  I'm really a very nice person.
It didn't sound sharp at all. I for one am sick of supergoop. But you should have no problems trading . Although useless to you, those are pretty desirable items... Well, not the Harvey Prince.

@laura10801  yes, there is a swap thread for birchbox - it just hasn't been set yet for july. 

@pearldrop  last time I posted that site, I was told by a moderator that we weren't allowed to post outside swap sites.  Maybe that rule has changed?

I just created one for July. Thanks for pointing out there wasn't one @@mirandamanda . If you ladies see something missing, please feel free to open it up or bring it to our attention. The threads don't need to come from mods only. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20"> I'm bound to miss stuff even though I try not to. The site is for the benefit of you all so whatever you ladies think is needed to help you, please feel free to open threads(topics) that you think should be there. 

Here is the July one

https://www.makeuptalk.com/f/topic/137424-july-2015-birchbox-swaps-trades/

It didn't sound sharp at all. I for one am sick of supergoop. But you should have no problems trading . Although useless to you, those are pretty desirable items... Well, not the Harvey Prince.
I agree I'm so sick of Supergoop, I get it all the time in my Birchbox and almost never use it. Same with Coola though too and Juice Beauty, does Birchbox ever get new brands? I feel like I'm just getting the same brands over and over again. 

@laura10801  yes, there is a swap thread for birchbox - it just hasn't been set yet for july. 

@pearldrop  last time I posted that site, I was told by a moderator that we weren't allowed to post outside swap sites.  Maybe that rule has changed?
Oh I didn't know that. I learned about MSA swap system on MUT, so I thought it might be okay. @@Reija please let me know if it is not okay to recommend MSA swap, so that I can remove it from my previous post ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My July box arrived earlier than expected :) I love the box design this month, so vibrant!
The Balm blush is so tiny, it will be up for swap.
I like that Macadamia hair mist is such a big sample.
I do not use makeup setting sprays but I might give this Coola a try as a sunscreen, SPF30 is good.
I received the Stila in Venezia. As expected, it is more of a warmer red than coral, I like it. But I find it a bit too drying. Don't forget to put on some lip balm before applying these Stila lipsticks ;)
I am not sure if I should give Amika spray a try or put it in the swap pile. Did anybody try it before? Is it like a dry shampoo? Does it make hair stiff?

birchboxjuly2015.PNG

Latest posts

Back