Bizgirlva

Glossybox February 2016 *Spoilers*

Here is the (review) box I received for February!

attachicon.gifIMG_1180.jpg

I am so disappointed that the products are not Pink or Valentines themed, I do not think I am able to judge the actual items in the box fairly. If you love this box, you may want to skip reading my post. I am pretty much just whining that it is not exactly what I wanted.

I only started subbing to Glossybox because I fell so in love with their 2015 Feb box  that it made the $21 price seem worth it. I comforted myself that I did not get it that time by telling myself that I would get whatever wonderful box they sent in Feb 2016 :( Now I have Feb 2015  Glossybox envy all over again! 

I wish I was at least excited about getting one of the items in the box. I love face masks but I have a reaction to Aloe so I am not getting my hopes up because I may end up with that one. I do NOT wear red lipstick. Even if I loved it, which I do not, my husband hates red lipstick. I would have at least  been ok with getting a red lipstick if everything in the box was color coordinated to it to make it seem a bit more special.

I have already tried the porefessional and am not excited about it. I have tried other glamglow products and I am not excited about it.

I do not know anything about the Etre Belle Golden Skin Eye Caviar roll-on. I am interested in trying it. It is an expensive item so maybe that will make the box worth it for me.

I must have some mild ocd. If the exact same product's packaging were all pink and gold, I would have probably been oohing and aahing about it. My real complaint is that the curation does not feel purposeful or special. I see that it is themed toward having the perfect skin for a date night but that theme seems like it would be more appropriate for September to me. Even if the outer box instead of having pink hearts, if the colors of the heart balloons were colors of items in the box, it wouldn't have seemed if they just threw something together. 

Things I would have liked in a February box and that I do not think would have been cost prohibitive are: a perfume (even just a sample vial would have been timely), a bath item (ideally a bubble bath but even a bath bomb would have seemed like a gift to pamper and prepare for a romantic holiday), a floral hand lotion(a floral scented or floral packaged anything really), a chocolatey eye shadow single, a nail polish in pink, purple red, or any pastel, or anything with a heart( how about a make up bag or brush holder with some romantic themed image or writing). 

That said, because I do not have any particular expectations for March, I am sure I will go back to completely loving my Glossybox next month. 

Edited by KDramasinPajamas
  • Like 1

As someone who got the Valentine's Day themed box last year, I would have been more pumped had it arrived before V-day, so there is that drawback to the theme. 
I really like my box, or at least the one I got with glossydots that came today. The lipstick is a wearable red for me, the mask IS the Aloe one, but no problems here with that, the eye caviar I will try and the Porefessional is probably the least exciting thing for me. I will give it a try with my current sample I'm using runs out.

• Like 3

Anybody gotten their box yet? Was it the same as MSA got? Mine just shipped today.

I am as well eager to know if there is any variation

Anybody gotten their box yet? Was it the same as MSA got? Mine just shipped today.

I got mine today. It was the same as @JenniferV. Aloe face mask, Heat Wave Ruby lipstick, The blue glamglow, golden skin roll-on caviar eye gel, and porefessional face primer.

• Like 2

no love from GP for me either. No shipment notice yet and I just checked my account and nothing.

• Like 1

My regularly scheduled box came today and it is nearly identical to the first with exception of the mask in this one being cucumber.

• Like 2

Got my box today. The only variation i got is the mask in soothing cucumber.

Has anyone tried the teez lipstick yet? I'm in love! I thought I would dislike the color on me but it's actually very beautiful, great for the remainder of this winter season. Application is very smooth, great pigmentation. I think of it as a creamy matte with a slight sheen...does that make any sense at all? I love the formula and it makes me want to grab more colors from the line.

• Like 6

Got my box today. The only variation i got is the mask in soothing cucumber.

Has anyone tried the teez lipstick yet? I'm in love! I thought I would dislike the color on me but it's actually very beautiful, great for the remainder of this winter season. Application is very smooth, great pigmentation. I think of it as a creamy matte with a slight sheen...does that make any sense at all? I love the formula and it makes me want to grab more colors from the line.

I have and I agree completely. I'm not a huge fan of lipstick, most things are too heavy and tend to break me out along my lipline, but yeah, this stuff is a nice color AND isn't insanely heavy or waxy.

• Like 4

Green tea detox mask for me. I think I'll try it out tonight!

@@greenflipflops **** Love, Love, Love the lipstick!!! I agree, it appears almost matte, but is not drying at all. It actually feels really good on the lips. Great pigmentation, and I always love Teeez's packaging! I love the color!!!! My new favorite lipstick!!!

• Like 3

I love the lipstick! I got the pomegranate variety of the mask, which the actual MASKS freak me out. They're always so goopy to me and feels like I make a mess. I won't use the GlamGlow as the last time they sent it, it broke me out horribly. The eye gel feels nice though. I think I'm most disappointed in the porefessional though. I got two of the Birchbox Perfect Complexion kits with my remaining points before I quit that sub and they're the exact same size, the TINY sample size. It lasts multiple uses, but it'd be more worth it to me to at least receive a deluxe sample instead. 

• Like 5

My box is out for delivery today. I guess the only variation this month is the mask "type." I'm hoping for pomegranate since I have have the aloe and cucumber ones already.

• Like 1

My mask variation was green tea! Yay!

Like other's have mentioned, I'm not super excited about the tiny Porefessional sample.

I'll use the glam glow but i just got a smaller sample in the past. I'm not super excited about the eye gel, my roller ball seems to be a little stuck but that could be the gel is cold. I'll try it later after it warms up.

The lipstick is the surprise winner here too. Nice formula and good color, it appears it would be very dark and dramatic but it's actually very flattering. 

• Like 2

The lipstick is really pretty, but my lip color just went flying off of the base. Ugh. And it's such a saturated color that it's really difficult to apply wobbly. I emailed them, hopefully they have back stock. Or I suppose I'll have to get better at using a lip brush

• Like 2

Hope they can ship another for you @bliss10977. I'll know now to be careful with mine once I get it. Thanks for posting!! Still waiting for my box :) . Not good with lip brushes either. I have no patience for them. :lol:

• Like 1

The lipstick is really pretty, but my lip color just went flying off of the base. Ugh. And it's such a saturated color that it's really difficult to apply wobbly. I emailed them, hopefully they have back stock. Or I suppose I'll have to get better at using a lip brush

After the first day, I went to open mine and it was broken off and stuck in the lid. I'll try to fix it, maybe I left it twisted up when I put the cap on.

• Like 1

Got mine today. I got the cucumber mask. My lipstick seems to work properly twisting up and down and isn't broken, but I haven't used it yet so I hope it stays intact

I'm wondering if I should go back and check my lipstick to see if it's broke. Ironically I pulled out an old lipstick I got from Glossybox a while back and it's broken. I just kind of mashed it back down and am using it carefully. This also made me go look for my retractable lip brush and I can't find it now. But I have a spare...because when you are beauty sub addict you have a spare of nearly everything, just in case!

• Like 3

February surveys are available!

I couldn't get the Glamglow one to work, but the other 5 yielded a total of 100 dots.

Why does it seem like there's at least one glitchy survey every month now? Get it together, GB!

• Like 1