Glossybox February 2016 *Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This box looks pretty good (assuming I would get those things). The only bummer for me is the Glamglow cleanser. I received a sample of that cleanser from Sephora and used it around the holidays assuming it would hydrate my dry skin since you know, it is a hydrating cleanser. That thing mummified my face. Every time I opened my mouth to speak or eat I thought my skin was going to crack into pieces/it burned and felt raw like I was recovering from an awful sunburn. I didn't even realize it was the cleanser causing this right away because I had also started Luna Oil with retinol and had stopped using that thinking it had caused my issues (and ironically kept using the cleanser because I needed something really hydrating lol), but reading the 1 star reviews of this cleanser on Sephora made me realize it was this. Not saying it will happen to you since a lot of people seem to love it- but just a precaution if you have dry/sensitive skin and haven't tried it before. It took me about 2 weeks to recover. I was pretty surprised because I throw a lot of stuff on my skin from all these boxes and have never had a reaction like that. Anyway, I won't be using it. It does smell really good though lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a little disappointed they're sending us two primers in a row.  I know this one is pore focused and is tiny, but I would like a little more variety from my beauty boxes.

Here is the (review) box I received for February!

IMG_1180.jpg
  I am so disappointed that the products are not Pink or Valentines themed, I do not think I am able to judge the actual items in the box fairly. If you love this box, you may want to skip reading my post. I am pretty much just whining that it is not exactly what I wanted.

I only started subbing to Glossybox because I fell so in love with their 2015 Feb box  that it made the $21 price seem worth it. I comforted myself that I did not get it that time by telling myself that I would get whatever wonderful box they sent in Feb 2016 :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Now I have Feb 2015  Glossybox envy all over again! 

I wish I was at least excited about getting one of the items in the box. I love face masks but I have a reaction to Aloe so I am not getting my hopes up because I may end up with that one. I do NOT wear red lipstick. Even if I loved it, which I do not, my husband hates red lipstick. I would have at least  been ok with getting a red lipstick if everything in the box was color coordinated to it to make it seem a bit more special.

I have already tried the porefessional and am not excited about it. I have tried other glamglow products and I am not excited about it.

I do not know anything about the Etre Belle Golden Skin Eye Caviar roll-on. I am interested in trying it. It is an expensive item so maybe that will make the box worth it for me.

I must have some mild ocd. If the exact same product's packaging were all pink and gold, I would have probably been oohing and aahing about it. My real complaint is that the curation does not feel purposeful or special. I see that it is themed toward having the perfect skin for a date night but that theme seems like it would be more appropriate for September to me. Even if the outer box instead of having pink hearts, if the colors of the heart balloons were colors of items in the box, it wouldn't have seemed if they just threw something together. 

Things I would have liked in a February box and that I do not think would have been cost prohibitive are: a perfume (even just a sample vial would have been timely), a bath item (ideally a bubble bath but even a bath bomb would have seemed like a gift to pamper and prepare for a romantic holiday), a floral hand lotion(a floral scented or floral packaged anything really), a chocolatey eye shadow single, a nail polish in pink, purple red, or any pastel, or anything with a heart( how about a make up bag or brush holder with some romantic themed image or writing). 

That said, because I do not have any particular expectations for March, I am sure I will go back to completely loving my Glossybox next month. 

Last edited by a moderator:
As someone who got the Valentine's Day themed box last year, I would have been more pumped had it arrived before V-day, so there is that drawback to the theme. 
I really like my box, or at least the one I got with glossydots that came today. The lipstick is a wearable red for me, the mask IS the Aloe one, but no problems here with that, the eye caviar I will try and the Porefessional is probably the least exciting thing for me. I will give it a try with my current sample I'm using runs out.

Got my box today. The only variation i got is the mask in soothing cucumber.

Has anyone tried the teez lipstick yet? I'm in love! I thought I would dislike the color on me but it's actually very beautiful, great for the remainder of this winter season. Application is very smooth, great pigmentation. I think of it as a creamy matte with a slight sheen...does that make any sense at all? I love the formula and it makes me want to grab more colors from the line.

Got my box today. The only variation i got is the mask in soothing cucumber.

Has anyone tried the teez lipstick yet? I'm in love! I thought I would dislike the color on me but it's actually very beautiful, great for the remainder of this winter season. Application is very smooth, great pigmentation. I think of it as a creamy matte with a slight sheen...does that make any sense at all? I love the formula and it makes me want to grab more colors from the line.
I have and I agree completely. I'm not a huge fan of lipstick, most things are too heavy and tend to break me out along my lipline, but yeah, this stuff is a nice color AND isn't insanely heavy or waxy.

Green tea detox mask for me. I think I'll try it out tonight!

@@greenflipflops **** Love, Love, Love the lipstick!!! I agree, it appears almost matte, but is not drying at all. It actually feels really good on the lips. Great pigmentation, and I always love Teeez's packaging! I love the color!!!! My new favorite lipstick!!!

I love the lipstick! I got the pomegranate variety of the mask, which the actual MASKS freak me out. They're always so goopy to me and feels like I make a mess. I won't use the GlamGlow as the last time they sent it, it broke me out horribly. The eye gel feels nice though. I think I'm most disappointed in the porefessional though. I got two of the Birchbox Perfect Complexion kits with my remaining points before I quit that sub and they're the exact same size, the TINY sample size. It lasts multiple uses, but it'd be more worth it to me to at least receive a deluxe sample instead. 

My box is out for delivery today. I guess the only variation this month is the mask "type." I'm hoping for pomegranate since I have have the aloe and cucumber ones already.

Back