Reija

Birchbox May 2016 Spoilers

I hate when they put a scent in the curated box. I won't get a curated box with a scent (as I am particular about them and have my favorites--none of which will ever find their way into this box).  And I hate when there really isn't much of a choice in the other 'choices'.  Three of the four are sun products.  And while I can see their usefulness in the box now, I am not in need and would have preferred another option.  Not a fan of the RC face stuff so doubt I would like the body product.

A total miss for me.

• Like 1

Hmm not sure what to pick this month. The oil looks nice, but it's so tiny that it'd be like one use. I'd imagine the same is true of the real chemistry peel and the Coola. The self tanner looks like it could be a couple of applications.

• Like 2

ugh double post, not sure why my browser is doing that.

But I'll add that the themed box isn't bad. I bought the Coola setting spray last year, but it's way too sticky for me. Anyone else find that?

Edited by bliss10977
  • Like 1

Hmmmm....my first thought was "I'm going for the spray SPF oil and the self tanner for my two boxes."

Then I was like....I kinda want to choose the featured box though, since it's 6 products = 60 points. 

Now I'm thinking I'll pick the spray oil and the featured box and trade for the self tanner since they tend to throw sample choice items in non sample choice boxes. 

• Like 1

Hmmmm....my first thought was "I'm going for the spray SPF oil and the self tanner for my two boxes."

Then I was like....I kinda want to choose the featured box though, since it's 6 products = 60 points. 

Now I'm thinking I'll pick the spray oil and the featured box and trade for the self tanner since they tend to throw sample choice items in non sample choice boxes. 

If I get that self tanner, I will put it in our circular swap box.

• Like 2

Here is a picture of the featured box in case someone doesn't want to watch through the video.

birchbox featured box may 2016.png

Edited to add: would have been great had I scrolled up and seen the picture of the featured box that was already posted. I completely forgot it was there. Wow, my memory needs some improvement and apparently my scrolling skills also. :D

• Like 2

If I get that self tanner, I will put it in our circular swap box.

Aww. It's already gone by me but thank maybe I can get it on the next go-round. Thx!

A friend said she's pick the self tanner for me since she doesn't really care for any of the other choices.

• Like 2

Going with the Coola... I've tried the cucumber before and it breaks my face out but I'm hoping the new scent won't. I'm going to the Indy 500 at the end of May and will be in the sun a lot so it's kind of a perfect option for me.

• Like 1

well since the featured box has 3 products I have already sampled, its the coola for me! Which I love, because most I'm allergic to most SPFs and coola doesn't bother my poor sensitive skin!

• Like 1

Can we skip a month of subscription without losing ACES status? So not excited about May at all. 

(and thank you for posting the choices and featured box here; I can't stand the videos!)

• Like 2

I don't like the Coola spray either and also found it sticky @@bliss10977 . I think I'm going to choose the self tanner. I've tried so many self-tanners and don't really like them but what's one more to try. :)

I don't know if you can skip @ . Hope someone knows.

• Like 1

Can we skip a month of subscription without losing ACES status? So not excited about May at all. 

(and thank you for posting the choices and featured box here; I can't stand the videos!)

I cancelled and re-subbed later and still kept aces...but sometimes BB is wonky

• Like 1

@ I cancelled and resubbed on both of my accounts without losing the Ace status. All you need to do is to earn 500 points each year to keep it and you won't lose your status for a year once becoming Ace.

• Like 1

I would love to try the oil too but it's so tiny. I'll probably pick the self tanner. I'm going to cancel my second account none of the options is that much interesting to keep both.

I don't like the Coola spray either and also found it sticky @@bliss10977 . I think I'm going to choose the self tanner. I've tried so many self-tanners and don't really like them but what's one more to try. :)

I don't know if you can skip @ . Hope someone knows.

Glad it's not just me. It never sinks in and the alcohol stings! I was so bummed too because it's such a great idea. I'm bad about reapplying sunscreen mid-day because of my makeup.
  • Like 1

Glad it's not just me. It never sinks in and the alcohol stings! I was so bummed too because it's such a great idea. I'm bad about reapplying sunscreen mid-day because of my makeup.

I don't do well with a lot of sunscreens so I either use a foundation or BB cream with sunscreen. I love the Korean BB creams for the subscreen purposes and use them as primers many time. I probably should reapply sunscreen mid day but never do. Shiseido has a great sunscreen powder makeup that I used last summer for touch ups. I do like Clarins sunscreens and they don't seem to irritate my skin with the exception of the makeup primer product with sunscreen. I used to use it but my skin got itchy. Sorry for the off topic.

Hmm so I think I'm going to go for the self tanner! I'm PASTY white and usually tanning lotions come out looking patchy and crazy - if Laureli can use it I think I can too! I also like that it's gradual.

It might be a negative for some folks but I'm also pumped every box has an SPF product. That means I'll get a sunscreen guaranteed also. Fingers crossed for a good month!

• Like 1

I think I got a huge thing of self tanner from a mystery sample pack that never got opened.  Maybe I will just skip this month. I finally got off the waitlist for play.  Ipsy has been blowing it out of the ballpark lately. I don't really need 3 subs. And I ended up getting two April BBs because I wanted both boxes. That's probably a sign I need to cut back.

• Like 1

I cancelled both my boxes for this month.  None of the PYS excited me and the curated box was just ok for me.

• Like 1

PYS choices are terrible. Not interested in anything this month so will not be doing a box.

• Like 2

I am excited to try the new Coola. I bought the full size of that oil last summer and still have some of it. I liked using it for arms, mostly liked that it was a spray but not an aerosol. I agree with previous posts about a perfume vial being in the curated box, I have been buying them as an add on but this makes it a no go for me.

• Like 1

Going to choose the self tanner for my pys and buy the curated box (I love any scents that have 'blossom'), I've always heard good things about the Vita Liberata and never got to try it til now.

• Like 2

I am assuming that the Coola will still allow for points since it is a new scent. If that's the case, I'll just go with the Coola. I'm not enamored with the idea of the SPF oil, have no interest in another gommage product, and do not self tan. I'm a great match for Missha's #13 bb to give some context to my paleness. Self tanners make me look like a carrot cosplayer. 

I received all of the Coola samples during last year's sunscreen palooza. My sunscreens of choice tend to be AB, so these minis just go in my "arbitrary outdoor activity pile" that I use for my arms and legs on trail runs, etc. 

• Like 3

Such a long wait for sample choice video and then...sunscreen?

I guess I'll pick the Coola since I just bought a self tanning lotion.  Not great choices though.  I also hope they don't keep doing the sample choice reveal so late. I had already signed up for an add-on so, I'm pretty much stuck getting a box now.

• Like 2