Birchbox May 2016 Spoilers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bet (hope) we get sample choice reveals today. I'm planning on cancelling my second box this month, but I'm waiting to see what sample choice is just in case it's something I need .... Which, ha! I have so many samples right now I just need to cancel the second box and keep it canceled, but I've become addicted to picking the curated box on one account and a sample on the other. Sigh.

Sample Choice is Finally Revealed!!!

Subscribers can pick from the following (every subscriber will receive a sunscreen):

• SuperGoop! Sun Defying Sunscreen Oil with Meadowfoam SPF
  • Coola Classic Sport Face SPF 50 White Tea Moisturizer
  • Real Chemistry Luminous 3-Minute Peel For Body
  • Vita Liberata Fabulous Self-Tanning Gradual Lotion
Featured Box: 

May-Birchbox-Featured-Box.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate when they put a scent in the curated box. I won't get a curated box with a scent (as I am particular about them and have my favorites--none of which will ever find their way into this box).  And I hate when there really isn't much of a choice in the other 'choices'.  Three of the four are sun products.  And while I can see their usefulness in the box now, I am not in need and would have preferred another option.  Not a fan of the RC face stuff so doubt I would like the body product.

A total miss for me.

Hmm not sure what to pick this month. The oil looks nice, but it's so tiny that it'd be like one use. I'd imagine the same is true of the real chemistry peel and the Coola. The self tanner looks like it could be a couple of applications.

ugh double post, not sure why my browser is doing that.

But I'll add that the themed box isn't bad. I bought the Coola setting spray last year, but it's way too sticky for me. Anyone else find that?

Hmmmm....my first thought was "I'm going for the spray SPF oil and the self tanner for my two boxes."

Then I was like....I kinda want to choose the featured box though, since it's 6 products = 60 points. 

Now I'm thinking I'll pick the spray oil and the featured box and trade for the self tanner since they tend to throw sample choice items in non sample choice boxes. 

Hmmmm....my first thought was "I'm going for the spray SPF oil and the self tanner for my two boxes."

Then I was like....I kinda want to choose the featured box though, since it's 6 products = 60 points. 

Now I'm thinking I'll pick the spray oil and the featured box and trade for the self tanner since they tend to throw sample choice items in non sample choice boxes. 
If I get that self tanner, I will put it in our circular swap box.

Here is a picture of the featured box in case someone doesn't want to watch through the video.

birchbox featured box may 2016.png

Edited to add: would have been great had I scrolled up and seen the picture of the featured box that was already posted. I completely forgot it was there. Wow, my memory needs some improvement and apparently my scrolling skills also. :D

If I get that self tanner, I will put it in our circular swap box.
Aww. It's already gone by me but thank maybe I can get it on the next go-round. Thx!

A friend said she's pick the self tanner for me since she doesn't really care for any of the other choices.

Going with the Coola... I've tried the cucumber before and it breaks my face out but I'm hoping the new scent won't. I'm going to the Indy 500 at the end of May and will be in the sun a lot so it's kind of a perfect option for me.

well since the featured box has 3 products I have already sampled, its the coola for me! Which I love, because most I'm allergic to most SPFs and coola doesn't bother my poor sensitive skin!

Can we skip a month of subscription without losing ACES status? So not excited about May at all. 

(and thank you for posting the choices and featured box here; I can't stand the videos!)

I don't like the Coola spray either and also found it sticky @@bliss10977 . I think I'm going to choose the self tanner. I've tried so many self-tanners and don't really like them but what's one more to try. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20">

I don't know if you can skip @ . Hope someone knows.

Can we skip a month of subscription without losing ACES status? So not excited about May at all. 

(and thank you for posting the choices and featured box here; I can't stand the videos!)
I cancelled and re-subbed later and still kept aces...but sometimes BB is wonky

@ I cancelled and resubbed on both of my accounts without losing the Ace status. All you need to do is to earn 500 points each year to keep it and you won't lose your status for a year once becoming Ace.

I would love to try the oil too but it's so tiny. I'll probably pick the self tanner. I'm going to cancel my second account none of the options is that much interesting to keep both.

I don't like the Coola spray either and also found it sticky @@bliss10977 . I think I'm going to choose the self tanner. I've tried so many self-tanners and don't really like them but what's one more to try. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I don't know if you can skip @ . Hope someone knows.
Glad it's not just me. It never sinks in and the alcohol stings! I was so bummed too because it's such a great idea. I'm bad about reapplying sunscreen mid-day because of my makeup.

Back