Birchbox May 2016 Spoilers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreeing with everyone else here, not really loving the PYS for this month. The curated box seems nice, but I have already tried most of the things besides the Coola setting mist (still have my SuperGoop setting mist with spf from Popsugar I believe?) and the ModelCo lip (wish this could be a PYS for this month!). I'm thinking I might go with the Real Chemistry Peel for Body.
What do you think of the supergoop mist? I have the Coola, and strongly dislike the sticky texture and strong alcohol fragrance.

Do any Aces see their choice option in their account yet?  I thought today is the day.
Nope, mine isn't open yet. edit: the video says 4/28. 4/27 is for people who placed a $25+ order. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope, mine isn't open yet. edit: the video says 4/28. 4/27 is for people who placed a $25+ order. 
And I thought for Aces also......

Now that I think about it, I did place a $60 order also but mostly used points for it.  I wonder how that works.

I remembered early enough to choose the curated box. I'm not into tanning and need to be careful of which sunblock lotion I use. Looking forward to smelling the Clean perfume sample (I love their other fragrances!)

as well as using the bronzer and the lip gloss. It seemed like the curated box was the way to go for me because I wasn't thrilled at the other PYS's.

I was going to skip this month, but I picked the tanner. I have see-through white skin (LOL), so we'll just see if this makes me look like an oompa loompa or not. I tried the Arbonne self tanner last year, but that didn't work for me either, although it worked beautifully on my sister's friend. 

Most self-tanners are really yellow on me, I'm so fair too. I ended up choosing the self-tanner. Will see how it goes. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20">

I have a full-sized tube of that self tanner and it's too dark on my NC15 skin. While it's not totally orange, the final shade is a bit too warm, so it might look weird on cool-toned complexions.

Another look at the options and they didn't look very attractive. So, I cancelled both of my accounts this month. It feels weird thou, this will be the first month in 2 years I will go without Birchbox. I have so many new boxes in May, they will keep me entertained for a while :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  

Picked the curated box on one account - I love Davines and lipgloss and bronzer.

And then at the last minute I picked the coola face sunscreen on my other account. I was just going to go random and I'll probably regret not, but I am going to Florida at the end of May and it seemed like a useful choice.

I ended up picking the Coola. I was going to skip picking something this month, but every other time I have done that my box has been terrible.

I was going to cancel all my BBs.  I wanted the curated but already received Davines Love on my Ace account. Now I have Ipsy, Play and now Allure because of that Foreo mini.  I did the math and realized yes I pay $40 per month in subs but I get around $200 worth of stuff. Yes I have a giant stash, but a lot of items I use daily or weekly. Ultimately I decided to cancel just the Ace account and go with the curated on my other account. I will get to review for six items.  I already know I like that shampoo and the other stuff I've been wanting to try. 

Run box pages are loaded!!!

https://www.birchbox.com/me/boxes/women/2016/5

image.png

I did not pick a sample, since I wasn't interested in any of the offerings, so it's a total surprise box. I'll be getting:

Vita Liberata self tanner (don't use self tanner)

Matrix Oil Wonders Volume Rose Mousse (haven't used mousse in 15 years, but I guess I'll try it)

Matrix Oil Wonders Volume Rose shampoo

Matrix Oil Wonders Volume Rose conditioner (these are probably foil packets, but I do really like the Matrix Exquisite Oil line, so I'm glad about these)

Eyeko Skinny liquid liner (I just got this in Glossybox, and still haven't used it. This will be maybe my 26th unopened black eyeliner to go in my stash...)

COOLA mineral spf 30 Daydream primer (I like the brand ok, but I generally hate silicone primers, especially in the warmer months)

MDSolarSciences mineral moisture spf 50 (This might be ok. It's just boring, and I have 2 unused samples of this product already)

Sigh. It's not a good sign when the item I'm MOST EXCITED for is a freaking shampoo and conditioner foil packet. Like others have said of their own experiences, perhaps, I've been with Birchbox too long, and they just can't wow me anymore. But that's not really true- there were all sorts of new-to-Birchbox AND new-to-me products in the April boxes, I just got Beaver shampoo and brandy-soaked mothball scented fragrance instead. Grr. I would take a break from Birchbox, but I'm stuck in a year sub until November....

I'll just keep repeating "seven item box, seven item box, seven item box..." until the wine kicks it. ;)

image.jpeg

I wish that coola primer was a pys! That is a new product, not just their regular sunscreen! I picked the cooler but that sounds better.

Not too excited for my BB this month, probably the most disappointing box from BB for awhile now

Real Chemistry Peel for Body - My PYS, excited about this the most out of everything

Cargo Blush and Bronzer Duo - Already have two samples of this from Allure, going to be putting this away for swaps or etc

Vera Bradley Appleberry Champagne - Do not usually like perfume samples, but the description of this one seems nice 

Davroe Curl Creme Definer - While I do not have ethnic type curly hair, my curls can get a little bit out of hand sometimes. I have enough curl creme though now to last me months

Coola Makeup Setting Spray - Already have a Supergoop version of this with higher SPF, SPF 30 really is not high enough for me to use as sunscreen. Might be good for as a regular setting spray though

Back