Birchbox May 2016 Spoilers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't choose a PYS and decided to go the random route. Here's what I got. 

-Real Chemistry Luminous 3 Minute Peel Body- Out of the available PYS picks I liked either this or the tanner. I like the face version of this (it's probably the exact same formula or close to it) but I'm worried it's gonna be a super tiny sample. 

Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm- I love lip products! I don't have many colored lip balms (just drawers full of lipstick). Hopefully whatever color I get I'll like but none of them look awful. 

Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner- I use black eyeliner often. I'm forever in need of more. Eyeliner pens are my favorite and I go through them much faster than pencils since they dry out. 

Supergoop! Defense Refresh Setting Mist SPF 50- I like setting mists and I wear sunscreen everyday. However they sent me the Coola one a while back and it burns my eyes. It doesn't matter how tightly I shut them I have to be super careful how I spray. I also have to hold my breath because you don't want to inhale this stuff. I wish I would have gotten some MD Solar Sciences SPF because I'm in love with their line of products. Maybe once they exhaust the Supergoop! and Coola options for me I'll start getting some! 

amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo- I don't use dry shampoo. I know if the shower ever goes out I'll be set for weeks though. I have a nice little collection building up. 

Overall my box is 4/5 so I'm happy. Now all that's left is to see what I like or don't like. 

Box 1: Curated Box 

Box 2:

-Real Chemistry Body Peel - This is okay I guess. Not very excited about it bc the sample will probably be small. It sort of bothers me when other PYS choices are in boxes bc I specifically did not choose this for a reason!

-Model Co. lipgloss - already getting this in the curated box

-Coola face sunscreen - my PYS although I am regretting this a little bc I bought the sephora sun safety kit and now I have a bazillion face sunscreens. 

- Coastal scents stylEYES eyeshadow - this stuff sucks. Small sample and crappy quality. 

- amika dry shampoo - pretty sure I have received this before? But probably the item I am most excited about. 

All in all I would be happy if my box changed!

does anyone know if the curated box is going to be for sale? usually it is up by now. i really want to buy it lol

I am pretty dissapointed in most of my box except the coola (my pys):

I got: cargo blush, coconut scrub, beauty protector spray, vera bradley perfume and the coola.

I wish i had not done a pys can had a chance at the coola primer, or one of the boxes with multiple spf products.

well I just emailed CS and looks like the curated box isnt for sale the way it has been traditionally- it will be available as a bonus for making a purchase.
Wow that's annoying. I know the code radiant lets you chose it as your first box although I don't know when that expires.

well I just emailed CS and looks like the curated box isnt for sale the way it has been traditionally- it will be available as a bonus for making a purchase.
That's pretty frustrating. A lot of people base their PYS on having the curated box available for sale. They should make this sort of info know at the sample choice time.

The only thing I'm excited for in this month's BB is the add-on I picked.  :rolleyes:

My box page:

Real Chemistry 3-min. body peel 

Coola Sport SPF 50 white tea - my PYS

Jouer long-wear lip creme liquid lipstick

Laura Geller Spackle 

Amika dry shampoo

Well darn, I wonder if the limit will be $35, maybe they got tired of people using points to purchase them.

Mine says

Clean Perfume (ew)

Burt's Bees tinted lip balm (I'll use it)

Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner (Okay)

Coola Face SPF 50 White Tea (PYS)

Davines ol/ all in one milk

Davines ol coditioner

Davines ol shampoo

This is my best box in a long time I hope it doesn't change. Can't complain with 7 things to review!

I'm getting:

Real Chemistry Luminous 3 minute body peel (didn't pick this as my PYS for a reason)

Raw spirit fragrance ( I hate getting perfume samples)

Eyeko skinny eyeliner (not exciting, but will get used)

Coola white tea (My PYS)

Davines ol all in one milk

Davines ol conditioner

Davines ol shampoo

Not a good box for me this month, but at least I will have 7 products to review

So I was thinking this would change but I'm seeing it on the "cheat" and the bottom of the "my boxes" on the app.

- Vita Liberata (pys, looking forward to trying!)

- Amika dry shampoo (I thought this was a repeat but turns out I got it in a MSP. It'll get used.)

- Coola primer (I don't usually use primers but I do use SPF every day so if this can take the place I love it!)

- ModelCo lip lacquer (I will absolutely not use this. Never gloss. Never. Ever.)

- MDSolarSciences sunscreen (yay! I love SPF)

Overall, pretty good! I'm really bummed about the lip gloss, and I think I over reacted first because I so vehemently hate gloss, but everything else is very practical for me.

My curated box arrived today!  That was the earliest I think I've received one.  I wasn't too excited about the sample choices this month, but now that I have my box in hand I'm really happy with the products.  I've tried the Love shampoo/conditioner before, and don't like the Coola, but the lip gloss, perfume and Hoola are new for me.  I. Love. The. Perfume!!!  I keep smelling myself.  It's really delightful :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got my curated box today too.  The Hoola is a nice size and cute packaging.  I was expecting it to be teeny tiny.  But that's because I mix up Benefit with The Balm.  The latter gives only Barbie sized samples.  I've gotten Love before.  It smells great but my hair is a bit too fine/greasy for smoothing shampoos. The perfume is actually pleasant.  Usually I test perfumes on my arm and immediately want to take a bath. 

Back