Birchbox May 2016 Spoilers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad it's not just me. It never sinks in and the alcohol stings! I was so bummed too because it's such a great idea. I'm bad about reapplying sunscreen mid-day because of my makeup.
I don't do well with a lot of sunscreens so I either use a foundation or BB cream with sunscreen. I love the Korean BB creams for the subscreen purposes and use them as primers many time. I probably should reapply sunscreen mid day but never do. Shiseido has a great sunscreen powder makeup that I used last summer for touch ups. I do like Clarins sunscreens and they don't seem to irritate my skin with the exception of the makeup primer product with sunscreen. I used to use it but my skin got itchy. Sorry for the off topic.

Hmm so I think I'm going to go for the self tanner! I'm PASTY white and usually tanning lotions come out looking patchy and crazy - if Laureli can use it I think I can too! I also like that it's gradual.

It might be a negative for some folks but I'm also pumped every box has an SPF product. That means I'll get a sunscreen guaranteed also. Fingers crossed for a good month!

I think I got a huge thing of self tanner from a mystery sample pack that never got opened.  Maybe I will just skip this month. I finally got off the waitlist for play.  Ipsy has been blowing it out of the ballpark lately. I don't really need 3 subs. And I ended up getting two April BBs because I wanted both boxes. That's probably a sign I need to cut back.

I cancelled both my boxes for this month.  None of the PYS excited me and the curated box was just ok for me.

I am excited to try the new Coola. I bought the full size of that oil last summer and still have some of it. I liked using it for arms, mostly liked that it was a spray but not an aerosol. I agree with previous posts about a perfume vial being in the curated box, I have been buying them as an add on but this makes it a no go for me.

Going to choose the self tanner for my pys and buy the curated box (I love any scents that have 'blossom'), I've always heard good things about the Vita Liberata and never got to try it til now.

I am assuming that the Coola will still allow for points since it is a new scent. If that's the case, I'll just go with the Coola. I'm not enamored with the idea of the SPF oil, have no interest in another gommage product, and do not self tan. I'm a great match for Missha's #13 bb to give some context to my paleness. Self tanners make me look like a carrot cosplayer. 

I received all of the Coola samples during last year's sunscreen palooza. My sunscreens of choice tend to be AB, so these minis just go in my "arbitrary outdoor activity pile" that I use for my arms and legs on trail runs, etc. 

Such a long wait for sample choice video and then...sunscreen?

I guess I'll pick the Coola since I just bought a self tanning lotion.  Not great choices though.  I also hope they don't keep doing the sample choice reveal so late. I had already signed up for an add-on so, I'm pretty much stuck getting a box now.

My last 3 boxes were a complete disaster, but I'm still a sucker for points. I am kind of excited about that Supergoop sunscreen oil. Most sunscreens look way too white on me, so hopefully this one will add some glow to the skin instead.

I had to talk myself out of getting the colorful keds, but those are super cute.

I was really close of ordering the print Keds but stayed strong. I'm interested in the Coola oil too but I think I want to try the self-tanner more only because my white and cellulite prone legs could really use all the help they can get. :lol:

I'm actually really happy about the spoilers since I apply sunscreen everyday. I'll choose the sunscreen oil on one account and the Coola on the other, I'm currently using the Mango sport one and love it, so I'll be happy to have a new scent of it. I'd like to get the curated box on one account since that's why I have 2 accounts, but I don't love Davines products and I don't need more nude lip gloss :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I really want to try the Davines Love shampoo and conditioner, so I will get the curated box. I just found my holy grail face sunscreen (Dr. Jart for the win!) so I'm good there. I am hopelessly pale, so self tanner just makes me look strange!

I use sunscreen every single day, rain or shine, but the sunscreens all have chemical spf in it and I don't use chemical SPF, only physical.
Which physical sunscreen do you recommend? 

I use La Roche-Posay Anthelios 50 Mineral Tinted Ultra-Light Sunscreen Fluid everyday, its active ingredient is Titanium Dioxide 11%. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Which physical sunscreen do you recommend? 

I use La Roche-Posay Anthelios 50 Mineral Tinted Ultra-Light Sunscreen Fluid everyday, its active ingredient is Titanium Dioxide 11%. 
I personally like Elta MD products that are physical sunscreen only- Pure spf 47 (10.0% Zinc oxide, 5.5% Titanium dioxide) and if you like tinted, their UV Physical SPF 41 (9.0% Zinc oxide, 7.0% Titanium dioxide) is nice. I also like Paula's Choice sunscreens. Paula's Choice tinted one- the Resist Super light SPF 30 is nice with 13% zinc oxide.

I heard good things about the one you mentioned @@pearldrop - La Roche-Posay Anthelios 50 Mineral Tinted Ultra-Light Sunscreen Fluid. Do you think it would work for someone who is fair? Many of the tinted ones are too dark/yellow/orangish on my fair skin (neutral/pink undertone).

I heard good things about the one you mentioned @@pearldrop - La Roche-Posay Anthelios 50 Mineral Tinted Ultra-Light Sunscreen Fluid. Do you think it would work for someone who is fair? Many of the tinted ones are too dark/yellow/orangish on my fair skin (neutral/pink undertone).
My skin is fair with pink undertone, too and Anthelios works well. Its tint is virtually undetectable, other than some dewy finish.

EltaMD sounds good, I will try it next. Thanks.

Agreeing with everyone else here, not really loving the PYS for this month. The curated box seems nice, but I have already tried most of the things besides the Coola setting mist (still have my SuperGoop setting mist with spf from Popsugar I believe?) and the ModelCo lip (wish this could be a PYS for this month!). I'm thinking I might go with the Real Chemistry Peel for Body.

Back