Reija

Birchbox September 2016 Sample Choice **Spoilers**

It looks like we will be choosing a MILK product for the September Sample Choice. Thanks so much for the info @@carothcj !!! Here is the picture

birchbox september 2016 spoilers.png

• Like 2

Well, I'm interested in trying more products from this brand....I just hope that the sample sizes are a bit more generous than those ludicrously tiny lip samples they've put out in the past...

• Like 2

I don't know how to feel about this. I'm just not interested in this brand. To me the packaging looks super cheap which makes me think the product is average at best. Honestly I haven't tried anything from them so maybe they have great products. Also as mentioned above the samples Milk has offered before have turned out to be hilariously sad which just adds to my negative view of them. Personally I'd rather have a Bite mini (even though I know that's not going to happen).

I just want them to tell us our options for sample choice and curated so I can decide if I'm staying or not. 

Did anyone click on the free prize link on their website? I got a deluxe sample of the Arrow brand cheek tint in berry flush with the code FLUSHED on any purchase. The fine print says the codes are account specific and for new subscribers only but it applied at the checkout for me. 

Can't wait to see what the sample choices are for this month, I did like the lipstick sample that I got from the Milk brand before, it was teeny tiny and drying but the color was so pretty.

• Like 1

I'm between the blush and the highlighter. The mascara has mediocre reviews. The curated box is full of products I've already tried.

I'm between the blush and the highlighter. The mascara has mediocre reviews. The curated box is full of products I've already tried.

Same here. I'm so torn!

To be honest, none of these are really doing anything for me, but the video says all subscribers will get one of the three Milk items. In that case, I'm going for the blush/lip tint, primarily to avoid the other two. I hardly ever use cream highlighter, plus I already have several. Between the 900 unopened mascaras currently in my possession and the mediocre reviews the Ubame mascara has received, I'll pass on that.

The curated box seems a bit boring. Some of those are great products, like the Dr. Jart+ and the Vasanti, but like @@bliss10977 , I've seen 'em and tried 'em all before (4/5 of them).

• Like 3

So both Jeffree Star and Laura Lee did reviews of the highlighter on their channels this past weekend and both said the "milk Melt makeup technology" doesn't dry down. It leaves a greasy almost tacky residue. Bummed I would have wanted to try the cooling stick or one of their eye liners!

• Like 1

Ugh Birchbox is making me feel like such a negative Nellie lately.

I would have preferred almost any other Milk products than those three. I feel the same way about the curated box too - I might get it just to be sure to get another Vasanti, I can always use that. And I like the dr jarts, so I can use that for travel (although I just got the Marcelle bb cream last month for that) but I don't want the mascara or the Amika, that is my least favorite dry shampoo.

Maybe I'll just take my chances and hope that I get one of those crazy rogue boxes that doesn't have any of the sample choices in them (that happened to me once when I didn't pick a sample because I liked all of the options - of course!)

• Like 2

I just canceled. Those sample choice options were not at all enticing to me. I think I just view Milk makeup really negatively. Meanwhile the curated is boring. I don't use dry shampoo and I already have a billion scrubs to use up. The mascara is the Milk one which doesn't seem to be a five star item or anything. I love the Dr. Jart and wouldn't mind trying the Lip Sunscreen but they are such tiny samples. I definitely don't think they are worth $10. If these boxes turn out to be amazing I may resubscribe but I've gambled enough of my money away at Birchbox. Plus my recent contact with their customer service was poor and there is no point system. 

Sample choice is up!

I picked the cheek/lip item. If anyone finds a way to but the featured box can you post it?

• Like 2

I picked the curated box- not because I was in love with any of the products. I went to Sephora this weekend and tried the MILK products. The highlighter didn't really show up on me (It didn't give any highlights to my skin tone) and you could barely see the lip/cheek product on me. I can always give away the mascara.

I ended up going with the Milk lip/cheek color because I have enough mascara and not big on using highlighters at least not on a daily basis.

• Like 2

I picked the Milk lip/cheek color as well. I don't need any more mascaras at the moment, and I was afraid the highlighter stick could have been too dark for my skintone.

• Like 1

I went ahead and picked the mascara, I have no interest in the highlighter or blush but honestly none of them are particularly interesting. I've already received 3/5 of the featured box already (there's never enough scrub in that Vasanti tube) and I hope I get a half-decent box for September.

I went with the highlighter - not sure it will do anything for me but I'll give it a try.

My September box is already loaded!

-Beautiful Nutrition Lemon Rinse

-Bioderma Sébium H2O

-Milk Makeup Lip + Cheek (PYS)

-Elizabeth Mott It’s So Big Volumizing Mascara

-R+Co ANALOG Cleansing Foam Conditioner

This is a mostly good box for me. The only thing in it I've tried before is the lemon rinse, which was in a Glossybox and I loved it - happy to get another. I'm eager to try to cleansing conditioner and the milk cheek tint. I was initially stoked to see Bioderma in there - but then I realized it's the variant for oily and blemish prone skin, and my skin is dry/very dry (and is indicated as such on my profile). Bioderma makes a variant of this product for dry skin too. Maybe if I bring this to their attention after I get my box they'll send out the dry skin one? (Eh, probably not.)

The unfortunately named mascara will go in a box with the 900 or so mascara samples I already have.post-117264-0-03075700-1472777127_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1

Box twins, I'm getting the same box.

I've also tried the lemon rinse and the mascara from other subs. I like the lemon rinse but I'm going to pass it to a friend.

Luckily my skin is oily/acne so the skin care item will work for me. I also wearing my hair long now so the dry condition is welcome since my thin hair requires conditioner and a leave in detangler.

Hmmmm.... interesting box showing right now:

1. Vera Bradley Vanilla Sea Salt Body Lotion

2. Vera Bradley Vanilla Sea Salt Perfume

3. Beauty Protector Blonde Toning Shampoo

4. Oribe body wash

5. Briogeo deep conditioning hair mask

6. MILK lip and cheek tint

7. Balance Me Radiance Face Mask

Seven items, but three of them are hair products?! and two are vera bradley?! And it doesn't even matter that it's a seven item box because there are no more points to redeem :(

• Like 1

Escada Agua Del Sol Eau de Toilette

Beautiful Nutrition Lemon Rinse

Milk Makeup Lip + Cheek

dr. brandt® pores no more® cleanser

Mally Beauty Volumizing Mascara

More mascara...

The Body Shop Drops of Youth Concentrate

Beautiful Nutrition Lemon Rinse

MILK Mascara (my PYS)

Klorane Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover with Cornflower

Avene Thermal Spring Water

For those of you who've tried the lemon rinse, is it okay for color treated hair? I was going to go into a red/deep maroon for the fall and if this is going to damage that then maybe one of my daughters can use it. And yay! I know I'm like the only one who likes mascara in sub boxes but thats because I go through them so fast. And I knew that if I stayed with birchbox long enough they'd eventually send me the Klorane! I've always wanted to try it and they're finally sending it :) (Hopefully they can send me the Manna Kadar Fantasy single sometime, I've been wanting that for sooo long) And the Avene, I remember I kept getting it from Ipsy a few years back, I had three at one point just sitting there. Super envious of the Escada sample though, I love the Escada Turquoise Summer so much and I went to Kohl's last weekend to smell the Agua del Sol but there wasn't a tester for it out. 

• Like 1