Birchbox September 2016 Sample Choice **Spoilers**

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My September box is already loaded!

-Beautiful Nutrition Lemon Rinse

-Bioderma Sébium H2O

-Milk Makeup Lip + Cheek (PYS)

-Elizabeth Mott It’s So Big Volumizing Mascara

-R+Co ANALOG Cleansing Foam Conditioner

This is a mostly good box for me. The only thing in it I've tried before is the lemon rinse, which was in a Glossybox and I loved it - happy to get another. I'm eager to try to cleansing conditioner and the milk cheek tint. I was initially stoked to see Bioderma in there - but then I realized it's the variant for oily and blemish prone skin, and my skin is dry/very dry (and is indicated as such on my profile). Bioderma makes a variant of this product for dry skin too. Maybe if I bring this to their attention after I get my box they'll send out the dry skin one? (Eh, probably not.)

The unfortunately named mascara will go in a box with the 900 or so mascara samples I already have. image.jpeg

Box twins, I'm getting the same box.

I've also tried the lemon rinse and the mascara from other subs. I like the lemon rinse but I'm going to pass it to a friend.

Luckily my skin is oily/acne so the skin care item will work for me. I also wearing my hair long now so the dry condition is welcome since my thin hair requires conditioner and a leave in detangler.

Hmmmm.... interesting box showing right now:

1. Vera Bradley Vanilla Sea Salt Body Lotion

2. Vera Bradley Vanilla Sea Salt Perfume

3. Beauty Protector Blonde Toning Shampoo

4. Oribe body wash

5. Briogeo deep conditioning hair mask

6. MILK lip and cheek tint

7. Balance Me Radiance Face Mask

Seven items, but three of them are hair products?! and two are vera bradley?! And it doesn't even matter that it's a seven item box because there are no more points to redeem :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Escada Agua Del Sol Eau de Toilette
Beautiful Nutrition Lemon Rinse
Milk Makeup Lip + Cheek
dr. brandt® pores no more® cleanser
Mally Beauty Volumizing Mascara

More mascara...

The Body Shop Drops of Youth Concentrate

Beautiful Nutrition Lemon Rinse

MILK Mascara (my PYS)

Klorane Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover with Cornflower

Avene Thermal Spring Water

For those of you who've tried the lemon rinse, is it okay for color treated hair? I was going to go into a red/deep maroon for the fall and if this is going to damage that then maybe one of my daughters can use it. And yay! I know I'm like the only one who likes mascara in sub boxes but thats because I go through them so fast. And I knew that if I stayed with birchbox long enough they'd eventually send me the Klorane! I've always wanted to try it and they're finally sending it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> (Hopefully they can send me the Manna Kadar Fantasy single sometime, I've been wanting that for sooo long) And the Avene, I remember I kept getting it from Ipsy a few years back, I had three at one point just sitting there. Super envious of the Escada sample though, I love the Escada Turquoise Summer so much and I went to Kohl's last weekend to smell the Agua del Sol but there wasn't a tester for it out. 

I got that little pixi palette when I rejoined BB.  I actually really like it & have it as my eyeshadow palette when I travel.  I got the wave spray in a Play! bag, and it really didn't do anything for my hair lol

@ Do you spray the Ouai stuff on your hair before or after using the iron? I love the look of big iron curls, but they fall out on me pretty easily. So far Elnett has worked best, but I'll have to give this stuff a try! I have a small bottle from Sephora play.

I'm not sure what I was trying to do the first time I used the Ouai stuff.  I just sprayed it on freshly ironed straight hair and nothing happened.  Maybe I was expecting it to make my hair wavy.  Anyone remember wash and curl shampoo?  "This morning my hair was straight.  Then Bill called..."  Anyway, my hair felt sticky so I grabbed my Kiss Instawave. It was like magic.  I did finish with some regular hairspray.  

I noticed that no one mentioned double points for box add on purchases. That made up for lost review points for me. I expect there to be more purchase point bonuses in the future, which were very common in past but have been scarce recently.

Thanks for the info @!! Didn't know about the double points. That changes the way I'll look at add-ons now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got an email about September 15th being an important day. Anyone else get it? Thoughts?

birchbox september.jpg

Nevermind I forgot that September 15th is the customer appreciation day. Not enough coffee today. lol

Nevermind I forgot that September 15th is the customer appreciation day. Not enough coffee today. lol
Yeah they mentioned it in the spoiler video to be on the lookout for some cool stuff on the 15th.

Remember last year they personally delivered gifts to people? I hope they do fun stuff like that again. They'd never come to my home or office but it's fun to see other people get rewarded. I'd love it if they'd offer a long time subscriber loyalty perk.

Sadly I am weak willed. I resubscribed because I wanted the Stila Liquid Lipstick they were offering (it was the whole reason I kept my box last month). Knowing my luck I will get Patina again. I'm a little disappointed in myself. Lipstick is my weakness. 

LOC Ultra-Gloss Lip Pencil- I've actually liked the LOC products so far so I'm happy with this! I want the purple. 

Beautiful Nutrition Lemon Rinse- I was actually super interested in this when I saw it in other people's boxes. I don't shampoo but I thought this would maybe be a good product for me. It sounds like it will get the buildup out of my hair, it's ph balanced, and hopefully smells lemony fresh. At least it will smell better than the apple cider vinegar I use occasionally. 

Oribe Cote d'Azur Restorative Body Cream- Yay for body cream! Hopefully this isn't horribly smelly. Though it say's it has orange in it so I'm hoping that's the main scent. 

Oribe Cote d'Azur BBody Wash- Body wash is fine but don't be smelly.

Bioderma Sensibio H20- This was another product I was interested in. I'm glad I'm getting the sensitive skin one. 

Unwash Bio-Cleansing Conditioner- Finally a cleansing conditioner! More of these please!

Milk Makeup Lip + Cheek- Honestly I could care less about Milk but I think this would have been my top pick out of the three options. 

Honestly this doesn't seem like a bad box for me. I'm a little surprised. With the exception of my personal dislike of Milk and the possibility of things being smelly. If BB moves in this direction I may have trouble canceling my account. I would have liked to try the Benefit Tinted Lash Primer though. 

I got my BB on Saturday.  I guess by now, having re-subbed for 5 months, I am not as excited to get it?  Maybe I have too many samples laying around now that I forget to be excited about the stuff?  Maybe the incentive is gone since there are no review points?   Not sure but here it is...

1. TokyoMilk Dark Pretty Rotten Eau de Parfum - I don't even bother with fragrance samples.  I am so particular with fragrance.  So that went right into my "samples for mom" bag that I have been putting together.  lol Is there any way to tell them NO to fragrance samples?

2.  Milk Makeup Lip & Cheek - love love love.  This was the sample I chose and I am really glad I did.  I have used it twice since Saturday.  I may buy from Sephora for the double points, or if I procrastinate from BB since it's free shipping.  

3.  Elisabeth Mott It's So Big Volumizing Mascara - I needed another mascara sample like I needed a hole in the head.  Although, all things considered, I likely will never have to buy mascara again while I have these beauty subs.  I may also put this in the "mom bag" lol

4.  Davines Oi Conditioner / Shampoo - I love Davines, and have long before BB.  I put these in the mom bag since I already have both in full size (I currently rotate a few different Davines products in my hair care routine & Oi is one of them) but was a little disappointed to find they were foil packets.  This may be a luxury brand, but the samples were only one time use.  

5.  Davines Oi All in One Milk - This was a delux sample size (yay!) of a Davines product I haven't tried (totally shocking).  I really like this.  If a buy it full size though, it will be from my salon.  

6. Nuxe Cleansing Gel - Another one I put in the bag for mom.  I don't need more facial cleanser.  In fact, I use a very, very basic facial cleanser.  

So, I guess in all, the Milk and the Davines Hair Milk were the big wins for me.  

No way to totally opt out of fragrance samples but you can limit them to no more than 6 per year.

Back