Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
missjeffrey

The Official Mineralize Skin Finish (MSF) Thread

Recommended Posts

Originally Posted by PinkRibbons
OK so I have Shooting Star - I got it to wear over bronzer, and I'm really afraid it's WAY too dark for me, so I'm thinking about swapping it for "Naked You." which seems to be something that is similar to Shooting Star and is pretty over bronzer, but that is not quite as dark. What do you think?
Shooting Star is a bronzer, so if you layer it on top of another bronzer the results will be too dark.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by Aquilah
Oh sure Hersh! Make it even worse for me *lmao* I was thinking about that though! I've never used up a single makeup product ever before though! Then again, I do wear makeup a lot more now than I did before Posted Image

I have the PP one too, it's the only MSF I have and it looks great. Mine still looks almost new, there is so much product in it, sometimes I use it as as eyeshadow though too. Now that it has been re-released, I cant decide if I need a back-up. Decisions, decisions. I havent gotten anything from the Muse collection but I am going to look soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OMG...this is nice thread..i've always wondering about MSF's and now got most the answers i need...I was really thinking of getting it but don't know how to use it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by NYShopgirl
OMG...this is nice thread..i've always wondering about MSF's and now got most the answers i need...I was really thinking of getting it but don't know how to use it.
I got the MSFs yesterday and also a 187 ($$$$$$$) brush, use it as a blush or highlighter, it is gorrrrgeous!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Thais
I got the MSFs yesterday and also a 187 ($$$$$$$) brush, use it as a blush or highlighter, it is gorrrrgeous!
glad to hear that you love it....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK,one really newb Q: How much color do they give? i would like to use one it as a blush on my fair skin,but not sure if they give enough color.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Zoey
OK,one really newb Q: How much color do they give? i would like to use one it as a blush on my fair skin,but not sure if they give enough color.
Shooting star gives a bronze color, PP and shimpagne only highlight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Zoey
thanks Thais,what about petticoat and stereo rose and so ceylon?
That I don't know.. I dont have those. Posted Image

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Zoey
thanks Thais,what about petticoat and stereo rose and so ceylon?
Stereo Rose and Petticoat are blushes and So Ceylon is a bronzer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well i bought shooting star today, my first msf - OMG my mu just got taken to a whole new level, msf is amazing!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OMG this is bad,I have been resisiting getting a MSF for the longest time,cause I thought it was JUST a highlighter and can't do much difference,but now,I am getting weaker and weaker.Posted Image

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Zoey
OMG this is bad,I have been resisiting getting a MSF for the longest time,cause I thought it was JUST a highlighter and can't do much difference,but now,I am getting weaker and weaker.Posted Image
get them, they're amazing!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Becka
well i bought shooting star today, my first msf - OMG my mu just got taken to a whole new level, msf is amazing!!
Agreed!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm thinking about getting the PP and Shimpagne, but from the swatch, the Shimpagne just looks like the Sunsparked Pearl (Beauty Powder) which I already have. And since Thais said Shimpagne is a hilighter, should I get it? Any idea?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wow! great idea! im going to stick around here a bit! im a msf-a-holic!!!! great thinking!

 

i couldnt live without msf's, seriously. they are very hyped, but they are amazing. my makeup wouldnt be the same without like...every one of them! the first thing i do is look at my skin and decide what skinfinish will be best for today (especially in the summer, if im too tanned, a pink cheek looks dumb, or if i need some extra bronze, or if i want colour that you can tell is blush on my cheeks, etc) and base the rest of my makeup on it. i am obsessed and seriously would recommend that everyone own atleast one basic one, like shimpagne or naked you even (sparkles drive me nuts, but is my favourite subtle bronzer for a natural look)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alrighty my loves... Here's something for ya! I think I'm allergic to my MSF! Egads! I know! I noticed during my makeover, and any time I've used it, my face itches. And, I've gotten teeny tiny bumps on my face. You can't see them, but I can feel them. Not to mention, I can't get the pretty opalescent glow on my face that the MAC MA did... Quite honestly, I love my MSF, and I'm willing to deal with the itchy feeling (it goes away after a few mins.), and the bumps (unless my face gets bad)... BUT! I don't know what brush the MA used, and I think that's what makes the difference! She didn't do a full face chart to where she mentioned what brushes she used either. She just gave me an index card with the colors she used (hence, why I didn't know what e/s she used where!)... I don't even remember what the brush looked like! Suggestions for me anyone?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Aquilah
Alrighty my loves... Here's something for ya! I think I'm allergic to my MSF! Egads! I know! I noticed during my makeover, and any time I've used it, my face itches. And, I've gotten teeny tiny bumps on my face. You can't see them, but I can feel them. Not to mention, I can't get the pretty opalescent glow on my face that the MAC MA did... Quite honestly, I love my MSF, and I'm willing to deal with the itchy feeling (it goes away after a few mins.), and the bumps (unless my face gets bad)... BUT! I don't know what brush the MA used, and I think that's what makes the difference! She didn't do a full face chart to where she mentioned what brushes she used either. She just gave me an index card with the colors she used (hence, why I didn't know what e/s where used where!)... I don't even remember what the brush looked like! Suggestions for me anyone?!
She probably used the 187 brush aquilah.... I got it with my MSFs and love it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably... It looks similiar to the BE Heavenly Face brush... Is it? Cause if so, I'll try that before I drop $42 on the 187 brush...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • NARS Cosmetics Shop Cargo Cosmetics Today!


About MakeupTalk®

© 2003-2018 MakeupTalk.com®, an active online community and message board geared towards members wanting to discuss everything to do with makeup, cosmetics, product reviews, monthly subscription boxes and general beauty related topics. Our community provides product reviews, makeup and general beauty tips. Our most popular topics are subscription boxes and their monthly spoilers. Join our community for free to take part in the conversations and share your own beauty tips and product reviews with others. We look forward to seeing you online here at Makeuptalk®!

Follow us

Recent tweets

MakeupTalk Facebook - 911K Likes

×
×
  • Create New...