The Official Mineralize Skin Finish (MSF) Thread

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by mehrunissa Are MSF's always LE? I tried looking So Ceylon up on their site, but no luck. Yes, they are a limited edition product. Partly because of how they are made.
Shooting Star is the one that I will be getting and maybe Shimpagne. I think that they are around $22.

Originally Posted by Marisol Here is a picture of the MSF's that I have.
http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/254/msf2mg.th.jpg

Metal Rock and Pleasureflush are missing. I will take a picture of Metal Rock and post it later.

You have all of them?? Awesome! Which ones are your favorites?

Originally Posted by Marisol Yes, they are a limited edition product. Partly because of how they are made.
Shooting Star is the one that I will be getting and maybe Shimpagne. I think that they are around $22.

But... You already have shimpagne! LOL. How long does it last?

This is a great thread! I'm definitly getting Porclain Pink and Shimpagne when they come out on Thursday!

Anyone know how Shooting Stars looks in person? Do you think it'll be too dark for me?

oh damn mar! i didn't know you had all of the msfs!

i really like them. i haven't seen the new one yet though, but i'll be getting it!

they're nice because you can use them on your cheeks by themselves, ontop of blush, or as eye shadows.

like most people i looove the msf's with the 187 brush on the face and the body. i also use them as eyeliner or eyeshadow(with the exception of stereo rose which i don't have yet). they make great highlighters for the cheekbones. can be used as blush or over the entire face. they can also be paired with other blushes or bronzers. used wet they are intensified even more.

Okay, I'm still not on this band wagon yet, but you might get me there... You guys are all so bad *lmao* But I love you all anyway
heart.gif

Originally Posted by Aquilah Okay, I'm still not on this band wagon yet, but you might get me there... You guys are all so bad *lmao* But I love you all anyway
heart.gif
I am SOOOOOOOOO in the bandwagon!! LOL. I am driving 1.5 hours to MInneapolis next weekend JUST to check out these MSFs and hopefully bring a few home.
smile.gif

The minute you look at these in person and try them on, you will so be riding SHOTGUN on the MSF wagon.

Originally Posted by Aquilah Okay, I'm still not on this band wagon yet, but you might get me there... You guys are all so bad *lmao* But I love you all anyway
heart.gif

Thais - I have all of them but Pleasureflush. They do last for a pretty long time. They are in a half dome shape and all of mine almost look like they are brand new with the exception of Shimpagne which I use the most. That is why I want to get another one of them.

I really like all of them equally. Metal Rock I use more as a bronzer and try not to use too much since it is rather dark.

okay, i whipped out my msfs today for the first time in a long time (i have 3: petticoat, naked you, and stereo rose) and honestly, these are overrated. i've found highlighters that work better. i gave naked you to my cousin today because she liked it and i wasn't too sad to part with it lol

Originally Posted by Jennifer okay, i whipped out my msfs today for the first time in a long time (i have 3: petticoat, naked you, and stereo rose) and honestly, these are overrated. i've found highlighters that work better. i gave naked you to my cousin today because she liked it and i wasn't too sad to part with it lol Really? Did you try using it with Fix+?

Would somone please recommend one that would suit my complexion? I've been wanting one since Naked You came out, but I don't want to get the wrong color.

Quote:
Really? Did you try using it with Fix+? yeah and without. i just think these are soooo overrated. there are SO many other great highlighters out there!

OK, I seriously want all 3 MSF's coming in A Muse, but I'm worried about "Shooting Star" IRL.

I'm fairly pale, so how will this look on my skin? Will it be too dark? I wan't an MSF to wear over my bronzer, and this looks perfect from pictures. But pictures can be decieving LoL I won't get to see it in person, it's all online for me. Does anyone have a swatch or anything?

Thanks!!

Originally Posted by Jennifer okay, i whipped out my msfs today for the first time in a long time (i have 3: petticoat, naked you, and stereo rose) and honestly, these are overrated. i've found highlighters that work better. i gave naked you to my cousin today because she liked it and i wasn't too sad to part with it lol Naked You is a bit too glittery for my liking. It does help when I use it with Fix+ but it's still too glittery. I don't have the others you mentioned but I do have Porcelain Pink which I LOVE! I'm so hoping Shimpagne is more that texture and I will also be picking up Shooting Star this weekend.
I've heard that Flirt makes a skunk brush that is comparable to MAC's 187 which is great for applying the MSFs. Anyone tried it?

Originally Posted by PinkRibbons Oooh thanks for that!! It does look dark, but not toooo dark. I bet if applied with the skunk brush it would be ok. no problem. we should thank her (the poster) for going through the trouble!
but anyway, she looks like she has a comparable skin tone to you and it looks good. so i think personally, you'll be ok. just maybe use a light hand.

Originally Posted by Little_Lisa Naked You is a bit too glittery for my liking. It does help when I use it with Fix+ but it's still too glittery. I don't have the others you mentioned but I do have Porcelain Pink which I LOVE! I'm so hoping Shimpagne is more that texture and I will also be picking up Shooting Star this weekend.
I've heard that Flirt makes a skunk brush that is comparable to MAC's 187 which is great for applying the MSFs. Anyone tried it?

i didn't like PP! barely showed up on me, so i gave it away, as well.
here's a thread on the brush...

https://forum.makeuptalk.com/sho...ht=flirt+skunk

smile.gif

Back