Pure Luxe Minerals

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have 25 of them and really like them. They have some really nice light e/s that are perfect for combinations with stronger,darker e/s. Some browns are really pigmented,though. there is a pic of them in my notepad.

I tried the foundation & it is a bit more matte than the EDM also you dont need to buff the foundation on so it was a little quicker to apply the coverage is buildable med-full. As far as the shadows I have several that are very pigmented & havent really had issues with it not being dark enough I think it depends on the colors you get.

I've never tried anything by them, but I know Sirvanya likes their e/s a lot. They really do have some nice colors too!

A friend uses some e/s/powder from Pure luxe and it's very pretty ! The texture seems to be nice, I'll buy some samples soon.

i just ordered eraser from them , i didnt receive it yet- it suppose to cover your pores and lines b4 applying mineral makeup - i guess its a primer - i cant wait to try it ,i will let you know if i like it or not

I was just about to say I thought Sirvinya liked them alot, and check out her info. Then I saw Aquilah responded first.
smile.gif

i have over 50 e/s and some are better then others.

if you like shimmer and sparkle a lot of those are the way to go. i personally love almost all of the ones i have.

samples are the way to go though if you're not sure.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by blondie36 i just ordered eraser from them , i didnt receive it yet- it suppose to cover your pores and lines b4 applying mineral makeup - i guess its a primer - i cant wait to try it ,i will let you know if i like it or not please do. i'm really curious!

Originally Posted by Vintage.Glam i have over 50 e/s and some are better then others.if you like shimmer and sparkle a lot of those are the way to go. i personally love almost all of the ones i have.

samples are the way to go though if you're not sure.
smile.gif

hi...are the samples enough? i can't really imagine buying pots because that seems like a LOT!
laughing.gif

the samples are plenty.

i got mine in around january or so. can't really remember. quite a while.

and i have more then half of them left.

they're quite generous

have of each jar that is.

I got some foundation samples for their mineral makeup, but they were really weird colors... Some of them looked straight GREEN etc. It was weird... I ordered about 8 samples from them and ALL of them looked off, so I wasn't impressed at all.

Originally Posted by Vintage.Glam the samples are plenty.i got mine in around january or so. can't really remember. quite a while.

and i have more then half of them left.

they're quite generous

have of each jar that is.

thanks, will consider getting samples.
laughing.gif

Originally Posted by MACGoddess I got some foundation samples for their mineral makeup, but they were really weird colors... Some of them looked straight GREEN etc. It was weird... I ordered about 8 samples from them and ALL of them looked off, so I wasn't impressed at all. ooooh, not good. thanks for the heads up. i'm pretty happy with be now, just waiting for my edm order. i hope i'll be good with their foundation. i just like having lots of other colors for blush and eyeshadow.

I agree,samples are more than enough,and since some colors are much different than on internet,I would really get samples first and if you really liked some color you can still get a full size!

Originally Posted by blondie36 i just ordered eraser from them , i didnt receive it yet- it suppose to cover your pores and lines b4 applying mineral makeup - i guess its a primer - i cant wait to try it ,i will let you know if i like it or not Ive used it before. It was ok I cant say I was completely satisfied with the outcome & it kinda took to long IMO to dry but thats just me it may work great for you.

i just received a product from them called eraser i bought a sample jar of it and this stuff is great i wish i bought a big bottle- but i like to try first and this stuff conceals pores and lines they also have color corrector eraser i didnt get those yet i just bought samples of them so i should get those next week, i will keep you posted i put it on b4 edm and it helps the minerals smooth on so nicely(love it)

I don't like Pure Luxe stuff compared with other mineral m/u brands.

So far I've tried the following (in order of preferences) :

1 - Mad Minerals

2 - BSB

3 - Fusion of color

4 - Pure Luxe

Originally Posted by Min Ive used it before. It was ok I cant say I was completely satisfied with the outcome & it kinda took to long IMO to dry but thats just me it may work great for you. I tried the eraser (cream version), I have large pores and some blackheads and this really doesn't help at all. I've read great reviews on it which is why I purchased the sample in the first place, but it didn't work for me. My Everyday Minerals Makeup still pooled inside my pores.
scared.gif

Originally Posted by vickievixie I tried the eraser (cream version), I have large pores and some blackheads and this really doesn't help at all. I've read great reviews on it which is why I purchased the sample in the first place, but it didn't work for me. My Everyday Minerals Makeup still pooled inside my pores.
scared.gif
Have you tried using MAC Prep + Prime face under your EDM? That might help to control where the foundation goes and smooth out your pores, I like it well enough, much better than Smashbox's primer.

Back