Pure Luxe Minerals

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a quick note, I found my fix for smoothing out the pores on my nose, a flocked sponge! I bought one from Everyday Minerals and it seriously helps even out the foundation. I wouldn't go as far as saying it produces a "retouched" look, but it definitely helps!

You Glow Girl! (link) is my HG finishing powder.

It's translucent matte finish, with shimmer.

The site notes "Many BE users like the effect the BE foundation gives ( because of the bismuth oxychloride), just not the irritation it causes the skin. ",

but I'd say this glow is not like bismuth kind of shine, it's more delicate shimmer.

Originally Posted by Primpgrrl /img/forum/go_quote.gif You Glow Girl! (link) is my HG finishing powder.It's translucent matte finish, with shimmer.

The site notes "Many BE users like the effect the BE foundation gives ( because of the bismuth oxychloride), just not the irritation it causes the skin. ",

but I'd say this glow is not like bismuth kind of shine, it's more delicate shimmer.

I just got a sample of this.
smile.gif

Quick update on PL. I have had their eyeshadows at home for probably a bit less than a year and a month ago or so I use one of my fav e/s from them-Faiy wings. The worst possible thing happened-I touched my eyes one in the middle of a day accidently and tiny bit of pigment must have come inside and it hurt like crazy,I mean crazy,it didnt stop for a few hours and my eyes hurt the next day too and also it damaged my contacts so i had to replace them. This never ever happened to me before with any e/s (I used fairy wings wuite a lot too). Of course I threw it away and dont think I will order anymore of them,and the rest I use really carefully!

Just a lil warning.

i really like their foundation! I just bought some more, (bigger sizes) When I get the stuff I will let you know, I also got som e/s and blush. So far I am loving...way better then EDM imo!

I have quite a few of their eyeshadows, and I really like them! They are not really beautiful when applied dry (at least, not all of them), but when applied using mixing medium.... WOW, it's really amazing. For everyone that doesn't like their samples of the e/s, you really should give it another shot
wink.gif

Originally Posted by blondie36 /img/forum/go_quote.gif i just ordered eraser from them , i didnt receive it yet- it suppose to cover your pores and lines b4 applying mineral makeup - i guess its a primer - i cant wait to try it ,i will let you know if i like it or not hi there..
when you will get the eraizer, can you tell me please about him?

thank you very much

sim

I ordered ALOT from them today and after reading some of these posts I'm very curious if I will like it or not.. Hope everything will be nice and goodlooking though
smile.gif

Here is my little review of Pure Luxe:

Pro:

- I am surprised at the ease of the ordering process – PL utilizes the Paypal shopping cart. If you already use pay pal you just have to type your username and password. Easy.

- Each time I order from Pure Luxe the shipping is prompt and the shipping costs aren’t outrageous.

- They have 25% off sales frequently – about 4 times a year I think.

- They have a ton of bright colors. I love that the colors can be as sheer or vibrant depending how you apply them. They are beautiful foiled.

- PL eye shadows are less expensive than the popular Bare Escentuals eye colors - $5.00 for a full 5-gram jar or a 1/8 tsp sample in jar for about $1.00. They are similarly prices to other small MMU companys.

- PL Eraser - IT REALLY WORKS!

- Blush and Radiances - Pretty colors, average quality, good value

Con:

- PL eye colors are not as bendable as Bare Escentuals eye colors. However, they are still very easy to work with. I believe the easy of use depends on the amount of glitter in the color you select, if you use a primer, the brush you use, and your technique. I haven’t had any trouble with blending but it takes more buffing than BE.

- The sample fill levels vary but this could be because the minerals settle differently, but I found some samples have ½ more than others and that bothers me.

Originally Posted by hchvxf /img/forum/go_quote.gif Here is my little review of Pure Luxe:
Pro:

- I am surprised at the ease of the ordering process – PL utilizes the Paypal shopping cart. If you already use pay pal you just have to type your username and password. Easy.

- PL Eraser - IT REALLY WORKS!

Yes, I agree with the ordering process. I was like That's it? I'm done? I was really pleasantly surprised
smile.gif
I'm really excited to get my PL eraser order.
biggrin.gif

I like their eyeshadows, but my favorite product from them is April's Mix finishing powder. It gives my skin a nice, healthy glow.

Im trying out this brand. I ordered samples of eraser, the foundation and some intense eyeshadows that look like bubblegum ball colors...I got yellow, blue and green. they also have reds but reds make me look like ive been crying for days !!!!!!!!! LOL

Sometimes it sucks being overseas. It's been almost a month and I still have not received my Pure Luxe stuff...
frown.gif

They have awesome eye colors. I don't really care for their Foundations. But they do have some nice AOFC. Plus the prices and shipping are amazing.

for anyone who's interested, Pure Luxe has a limited edition color going on right now for a benefit for the owner's friend. Looks like a good cause and all the profits from the sale of this color are going to the friend -

edited to add link -

LE BENEFIT COLOR

I just made an order from there...for the LE special color. Can't wait to get it. I don't really even care if it works for me or not.I just wanted to help since it's for a good cause.

Back