Circular Sponges vs Wedges?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've noticed that circular sponges seem to give more coverage. I apply my makeup the same way with both, but I need less using circular sponges and they just seem to cover more and both of them are of the same brand. Anyone else notice this?

I've never been one for wedges or sponges... I do have a wedge sponge I use for my concealer, but that's it.

Do the circular spnges have a different finish...kinda shinier or smoother?

I prefer a wedge - I think it helps me get the contours and hard to reach areas of my face better. Just my opionion. I don't really use one at the moment though w/my dream matte mousse

What does wedges mean?? I use the triangle sponges. I never use the circle sponges for some reason. I like the triangle ones because they cover well and are more gentle then the circle sponges for some odd reason. I guess cuz you can use the very tip of them. Maybe I will try the circle sponges again though.

Edit: NVM lol I just found out wedges are triangle sponges hehe.

when ido use a sponge (which is really really rare as i dont reall wear foundation) i just use wedges i get at target for really cheap.

Wow I must say im a bit suprised to see so many of you dont use sponges. Thats all I use. Then again I use a creme and I need thick coverage because my skin is bad. But still I have never liked brushes they give me next to no coverage at all :S . And I use a good one, its by coverfx.

I've never even noticed the round ones ... I always reach for the wedge ones. Although I prefer brushes for almost everything... I do sometimes reach for a wedge sponge ( like when patting loose powder over my undereye concealer)

I don't like the puff that comes w/my Becca powder, cuz unlike my brushes , I can't wash it and the wedges are so cheap , i can always throw it out afterwards.

Originally Posted by TylerD /img/forum/go_quote.gif Wow I must say im a bit suprised to see so many of you dont use sponges. Thats all I use. Then again I use a creme and I need thick coverage because my skin is bad. But still I have never liked brushes they give me next to no coverage at all :S . And I use a good one, its by coverfx. maybe u should try using a foundation brush to put on moisterizer (Cetaphil is a great brand that realli keeps my dry , scaly skin smooth 24 hours) then put a small drop of foundation on the back of your hand and use the same foundation brush to apply the foundation. The foundation will go on a lot smoother since the brush has moisturizer on it. ...
I feel like sponges soak up too much foundation and w/my $50 a bottle (when i used to use liquid) .... it's just ...
10.gif
for my wallet
biggrin.gif

Quote:
maybe u should try using a foundation brush to put on moisterizer (Cetaphil is a great brand that realli keeps my dry , scaly skin smooth 24 hours) then put a small drop of foundation on the back of your hand and use the same foundation brush to apply the foundation. The foundation will go on a lot smoother since the brush has moisturizer on it. ...
I feel like sponges soak up too much foundation and w/my $50 a bottle (when i used to use liquid) .... it's just ...
10.gif
for my wallet
biggrin.gif

I feel the same too!But I can't seem to understand what a foundation brush looks like...!
tocktock.gif

I usually use the round ones. Triangles just don't work for me. I'd like to try a brush if I could find a good one.

Originally Posted by TylerD /img/forum/go_quote.gif Wow I must say im a bit suprised to see so many of you dont use sponges. Thats all I use. Then again I use a creme and I need thick coverage because my skin is bad. But still I have never liked brushes they give me next to no coverage at all :S . And I use a good one, its by coverfx. I use the thin side of the quo foundation brush for extra coverage if I get a zit and it works great for cover fx.

I don't like wedge sponges. They feel weird and they are a bit hard for me to use for some reason.

i use a wedge to apply my concealer. the round sponges are kind of difficult to work with for me. i stopped using either to apply my foundation because it seemed like they were drinking it! lmao~ i couldn't live without my foundation brush!

when i do use sponges its a wedge im not sure why i dont use circles....

I don't use the circular sponges even though I have a few. I lovge my wedges though! I wet one (to cut down on the sponge soaking up the product) and then apply my foundation. I prefer it over my brushes!

Back