Circular Sponges vs Wedges?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use a foundation brush, however I also use sponges, especially when Im blending foundation / Concealer under the eye area.

I use my Estee Lauder foundation brush. I have tried the wedges, but as everyone else said they seem to soak up my foundation. They also seem to leave lines on my face. I'll never live without my foundation brush!!
smile.gif

I buy a whole lot of wedges, I've always got some in stock! I don't wear foundation. I use my wedges to perfectly blend my eyeshadows and to blend in my spot concealer. I'm a believer in all things blended! The wedges are smaller and have angles/edges that you use to your benefit.

I always use a foundation brush (or if I'm in a hurry, just my fingers). I've never like sponges, they soak up the product and you're supposed to use a new one each time because of bacteria, especially if you have skin problems like acne. The brush gives excellent coverage and if you want thicker coverage, you just apply another coat. I just wash it after each use, don't have to throw it away and buy more. I'd rather save my pennies for makeup!

when I was using liquid and stick foundations, I used a brush. it took a while to get used to it, and how to effectively blend makeup with it (I'm probably out of practice now...), but it's so much more sanitary and doesn't waste your foundation!

Originally Posted by SumtingSweet /img/forum/go_quote.gif I don't use the circular sponges even though I have a few. I lovge my wedges though! I wet one (to cut down on the sponge soaking up the product) and then apply my foundation. I prefer it over my brushes! I do the same thing with mine.

Back