Circular Sponges vs Wedges?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I find that the wedges worked best for me when I used my other foundation (I use mineral makeup now). I found that the circular ones are better for bigger surfaces.

i prefer to use wedges for my concealer. i feel like i have more control. maybe b/c it's thicker.

When I used liquid foundation I used ones that were kind of "egg" shaped. I loved then so much more since I started using them. I will never use a wedge again!! LOL

I use a brush to apply my SFF foundation and only use wedges for concealer
smile.gif

Originally Posted by monniej /img/forum/go_quote.gif i use a wedge to apply my concealer. the round sponges are kind of difficult to work with for me. i stopped using either to apply my foundation because it seemed like they were drinking it! lmao~ i couldn't live without my foundation brush! I agree with you, Monniej. I just love my foundation brush. I find that the rounds sponges cause one to waste more foundation.
brsh.gif

I use wedges b/c I've never seen round ones before other wise I'd have tried them long ago........I do not like using a brush, I find I can't blend well, or get into the nooks and cranys and I don't like the finish I get.

I want some round sponges now!!!!

I use a brush - seems to kind of make the makeup go on smoother and helps conceal undereye lines

Originally Posted by dentaldee /img/forum/go_quote.gif I use wedges b/c I've never seen round ones before other wise I'd have tried them long ago........I do not like using a brush, I find I can't blend well, or get into the nooks and cranys and I don't like the finish I get.I want some round sponges now!!!!

Amen, Brushes dont do it for me. Im suprised you have never seen round sponges :| . Your canadian... they should be everywhere in Ontario lol. I can get like 10 here for 4 bucks. Im sure you can order them online for cheap!!

Originally Posted by venetiakim /img/forum/go_quote.gif I feel the same too!But I can't seem to understand what a foundation brush looks like...!
tocktock.gif
all foundation brushes are similiar in the way they look, but differ in quality. My fav is MAC 187 (gives an airbrush finish while using almost no product on the brush. ...
reg foundation brush like the 190 is good too.
biggrin.gif
SK @ Target has a good foundation brush for onli $10

M1EE_261.jpg

LVA what is the difference between that brush and the one I use. I use Maybelline and its HUGE!!!! Maybe that is why I dont have success with it haha. I havent used it in a while. Here is a pic of it. Is it just meant for like dusting on powder?

maybelline_facebrush_full.jpg

wedges, when I use a sponge at all. Fingers do the trick for me. But then I rarely do a full foundation...

TylerD - if u ever buy brushes from a drugstore, I suggest SK from Target or EOB brushes. They are cheap, but have great quality . U use liquid foundation right? I don't think the brush in your picture will give u much coverage, maybe that's y u don't like it.

U should try invest in a SK foudation brush ... it's like $10. Saves a lot of foundation and gives great coverage. (just remember unlike sponges, u use a lot less foundation: a dot on the back of your hand, or shake up your foundation bottle and use the leftover foundation on the lid.
biggrin.gif

I like the triangle ones, they seem to "reach" better when I go near my nose. I never wash them tough, I just use once and toss.

Originally Posted by LVA /img/forum/go_quote.gif TylerD - if u ever buy brushes from a drugstore, I suggest SK from Target or EOB brushes. They are cheap, but have great quality . U use liquid foundation right? I don't think the brush in your picture will give u much coverage, maybe that's y u don't like it.
U should try invest in a SK foudation brush ... it's like $10. Saves a lot of foundation and gives great coverage. (just remember unlike sponges, u use a lot less foundation: a dot on the back of your hand, or shake up your foundation bottle and use the leftover foundation on the lid.
biggrin.gif

Oh that sounds great, but I actually use a creme foundation. Not a liquid. I use CoverFX creme foundation. I used liquids in the past but never liked them at all. That is why I dont use brushes much I find it hard to apply a creme (especially someting as thick as coverfx, or dermablend) with a brush. But thanks for the advice. I will go down to Shoppers (we dont have a target here iN Canada) and I will check out some brushes
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by TylerD /img/forum/go_quote.gif Oh that sounds great, but I actually use a creme foundation. Not a liquid. I use CoverFX creme foundation. I used liquids in the past but never liked them at all. That is why I dont use brushes much I find it hard to apply a creme (especially someting as thick as coverfx, or dermablend) with a brush. But thanks for the advice. I will go down to Shoppers (we dont have a target here iN Canada) and I will check out some brushes
biggrin.gif
the Lise Watier foundation brush is cheaper then the cover FX one and it is a very nice brush!!

Originally Posted by dentaldee /img/forum/go_quote.gif the Lise Watier foundation brush is cheaper then the cover FX one and it is a very nice brush!! K thanks
smile.gif
I will check that out.
I actually used a brush first time in a long time. I put my coverfx creme on last night but then I put setting powder over top and used a brush for that. For powders my brush works fine, but I dont know how well it would work with a thick creme. But I will give it a shot.

Originally Posted by TylerD /img/forum/go_quote.gif LVA what is the difference between that brush and the one I use. I use Maybelline and its HUGE!!!! Maybe that is why I dont have success with it haha. I havent used it in a while. Here is a pic of it. Is it just meant for like dusting on powder?http://www.buymebeauty.com/images/maybelline/maybelline_facebrush_full.jpg

Yes, that looks like a powder brush to me (as opposed to a foundation brush).
smile.gif
I use a foundation brush with cream foundations and like it a lot because it wastes a lot less foundation than my sponges do.

Originally Posted by StereoXGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif Yes, that looks like a powder brush to me (as opposed to a foundation brush).
smile.gif
I use a foundation brush with cream foundations and like it a lot because it wastes a lot less foundation than my sponges do. Well I will have to check out some foundation brushes then. I am more worried about foundation brushes might not get the makeup on the way I want. I like sponges because after I apply primer and makeup it conceales pores well. I dont know if a brush will change that or not... but I guess its always worth a shot :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back