November check-in!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
for those of you newbies, we like to start a thread at the beginning of each month just to became more friendly with people and see what they're up to and stuff like that
smile.gif
lets us get to know each other more!

• i'm flying to north carolina on the 13th where i'm gonna meet up with toby and meet one of his sisters and then we're driving to mississippi the next day where i'm gonna meet more of his family. i am sooooo excited, especially because i haven't seen him since july! i'll be flying home from jackson, MS on the 17th.
  • hopefully i'll be meeting up with anna (bejb).
  • working!

neat idea
smile.gif

Tomorrow my husband and I are taking the kiddo to my best friend's sister's husband's daughter from his first marriage's b-day party (confused yet...lol). Once the kiddos are all settled and hopefully asleep, all of us adults are gonna play some Texas Hold 'Em. Last time we played I came in third out of 18 people, but now that I know how everyone plays, I'm hoping to win
smile.gif

Sunday is always the "fabulous spectacular family fun day" around here, which is our fancy schmancy way of saying we all go grocery shopping and clean the house
wink.gif

Besides working my butt off at work, I am gearing up for Christmas shopping. Yeah.

Tomorrow I am heading to a friend's mother house where I am going to learn how to bake pies from scratch. I am so excited. I have never baked a pie before.

November 17th my boyfriend and I are heading to Minneapolis to see Amos Lee in concert. With visits to Sephora and Mac stores. :) I might have to fall off my no buy.

My brother and his family are coming from Montana for Thanksgiving so should be lots of fun.

awesome idea!!!

Just got done with midterms (yay!), trying to start saving up for a trip to mammoth in January (my hubby really wants to go!).

On 21st, my best friend Alma is going to be in town for a week.

I haven't seen her in... like 4 years! (She relocated to Seattle)

so my plan is to hang out with her as much as I can during that week.

On thanksgiving, I will probably end up at my sister-in-law's. She's a great cook, and I'm a foodlover! LOL

im planning on making thanksgiving dinner for the WHOLE family so im trying to get everything in order early and my husband is on vacation the week of thanksgiving so alot of time to make up for and spending alot of quality time with the kids
smile.gif
thats it so far

- I just found out my friend from Louisiana is getting married in March and she wants me to be a bridesmaid.

- Been doing the school thing

- I've started internet Christmas shopping. (I'm a mad woman when it comes to online shopping)

- We're having my mom's side of the family over to our house for Thanksgiving day and we'll be going to my aunt's on my dad's side of the family for Thanksgiving evening.

- I've been avidly researching Make Up For Ever products because I really loved their Full Cover concealer and I wanna try all the rest of their products. So hopefully have I’ll have a MUFE haul from Sephora pretty soon

What's happening with me this month? Well, I am in the process of hopefully changing jobs. I have my second interview next Thursday and it looks like the company does want to hire me. If I get the job, that means I will leave the company that I have been working at for the past 8 years. Also means that I will be moving and getting my own apartment.

New job, new city, new apartment... whoo hoo!

I am going to start going threw Christmas decorations today. Takes me 1-3 weeks to get everything up. Depends on who much spare time I have. Bill ( my partner) whe is a Relator listed a new house yesterday. Have to go get some pics of the yard. It was to dark when we were there last night.

Nov 22-26 we will be spending Thanksgiving with Bill Mon and brother & sister.

December 1 going to Dallas. Touring Mary Kay manufacturing and global headquarters, meeting friends and partying in Big D.

Well lets see here

There is nothing much happening for us in November. Matt and I might end up going to Georgia with his parents to visit some family members on the 22nd of this month for Thanksgiving. I'm still thinking about it. I'm not sure if I really want to go there. This would be my first time
smile.gif
. I just hope is not like South Carolina, hot and sticky ewww
smile.gif
. That's about it my friends.

Hmm...trying to make it through these last 2 weeks of school without losing my mind, working, stressing about finding a job once I graduate, getting ready for Thanksgiving - and more importantly - CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!

This week I am finishing unpacking boxes at my office. We moved across town.

Today I am taking my granddaughter, who is 1, shopping and out to eat for lunch. Then we are going to go and visit my mom.

November 19th I am flying to Seattle for my son and his wife's baby shower. They are having a boy in January.

Thanksgiving we are thinking of going out to eat at a restaurant because no one wants to cook this year.

I am going to try to get my Christmas shopping done by Thanksgiving so I don't have to be in the stores when they are so crowded.

Hmmm.... Nothing! As always! We do have a lunch/dinner at the nursing home John's grandparents are in, but that's about it... OH! We're taking John to the strip club for hsi birthday! LMAO! He doesn't know!

Well today is my birthday....so I had planned to celebrate but my job told me last night that I have to work......

As for the rest of the month I am probably going to get laid off from same job after Thanksgiving so I will probably be in a funk most of the month!

lets see my november plans....

• work
  • my cousins 18th bday the 17th
  • a wedding nov. 18th
  • moms bday the 22nd
  • start christmas shopping haha
  • schedule for classes
i think thats mainly it.

cool to read what everybody is up to. Marisol. good luck with interview, you must be so excited.
smile.gif

I will be working and maybe i will get full time position where i work, they offered, now I only need to be interviewd! Im excited!

I will also celebrate my bday. I want to go out for dinner with my friends
smile.gif

Today I am going to a Halloween Party which is also a 40th bday surprise party. Should be a lot of fun.

• trying to not fail the semester
  • trying to make some extra cash
  • getting ready for xmas
  • chiseling out the future
  • hopefully some tourism in the UK

Don't have plans....that I know of. Our anniversary is this month (26th) and Chris usually surprises me somehow so I guess i'll just have to wait and see.

nothing really just looking forward to thanksgiving and everyday life with my new baby.

p.s good luck marisol!

My plans are:

Thanksgiving with my mom and grandparents, like every year.

No Christmas, we have gotten to where we don't even celebrate anymore.

Helping my mom recuperate from shoulder surgery. She tore her rotator cuff and will be in rehabilitation for 3 months.

Back