Foundation every day?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I did a search for this, but I couldn't find any.. so forgive me if this has already been discussed. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

How many of you wear foundation every day? If so, does it have any side effects on your skin (drying it out, causing breakouts, etc)?

I don't wear foundation every day (I guess I save it for when my skin looks icky or if there's a big formal event that I want to ensure that I look good for), but it seems like everyone I talk to wears it every day. I guess I've never really seen a difference between wearing it and not.. The foundation that I have (Clinique's Pefectly Real) is sheer coverage, anyway, so that could be why.

Just wondering what your opinions/thoughts were on wearing foundation daily.

TIA! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I dont wear foundation everyday either. And when I do... it depends on what I do. If I need foundation but its just a normal day I use BE foundation and Mineral Veil. Then for other days I put liquid foundation (like MAC satinfinish).

I'm like that with MU in general. I have days where I'm all dolled up and days where I look like Im not dolled up but I am... and days when Im pure naked-face me.

I have the Neutrogena Mineral Sheers and I don't see it really doing anything for me. :sleepyhead: I realize that it's a "sheer," but it just looks like powder to me. I never seem to get that big of results with any foundation I use.. I guess my skin tone is just fairly even on its own or something.

The only times I'm ever pure naked-face is when I'm home and I know I'm not going anywhere. If I leave the house I have to have a minimum of concealer, mascara and lip balm. The mascara is an absolute must, simply because I'm a redhead and if I didn't wear it, then you wouldn't be able to see my lashes. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

i wear cover girl liquid/powder everyday...i cant really go out without it...i guess thats cuz my skin isnt all that great looking :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Are you talking about mineral foundations or just foundations in general? Powder or liquid?

I also didnt like the Mineral Sheers. They do nothing.

Both, kind of. I have the Mineral Sheers and then I have Clinique's Perfectly Real -- it's a liquid, but I think the coverage is listed as sheer/moderate. I really like the Clinique foundation, but I guess I don't notice that much of a difference that would make me want to wear the foundation every day. I reserve it more for special occasions where I want to look absolutely flawless. But, on the flip side, I don't want to wear a foundation that is heavy and mask-like just to notice a substantial difference. KWIM?

i wear it only when i go to work (or somewhere "special", which is rare) and i haven't noticed any effect on my skin.

yeah I do. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Thats just why I dont bother with it everyday. I also think that if I do that I help my skin breathe.

I use foundation every single day, either MMU (most often) or a tinted moisturizer.

Seldom wear foundation at all. Usually just concealer and powder to set, after sunscreen. My skin looks best like that.

I wear bare minerals everyday. It gives me an even complexion, and it feels like I'm not wearing make up on my face. No breakouts or anything yet.

I wear foundation everyday, and my face doesn't break out. I used to wear Mac studio fix powder, which was the worst for my skin. Now I use Revlon Colorstay foundation, which gives great coverage, lasts all day, and doesn't break me out!

good for you natalie ! (i gotta try this foundation !)

i don't wear foundation everyday. i thought my mac select was causing me breakouts, but i used it for three days now, and i haven't notice any pimple. i think it might be the combination of sunscreen and foundation.

I only use mineral powder or some matte powder every day, no foundation at all unless my face looks really really bad (which has happened only very few times during the last half year, thank God).

I wear foundation everyday if I am going out but I stay barefaced if I'm at home all day (which isn't very often!)

Back