Is Lauress anyone's HG?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Okay, I thought that Lumiere was my HG, but I'm not so sure now. I am really liking the Lauress (the new formula, I haven't tried the old one yet). It seems to cover better, last longer and has a "glow" to it. I got a compliment on my makeup today, and that is the first one since I've been wearing MMU.

So, what does everyone else think of Lauress?

Christy

Really??? Guys, I mean is this stuff really that good? Is it one of those that I should NOT be without? Cuz if it is...then please speak up...share the knowledge girls, don't be tight with it. I thought I was in love with Monave but if there's something better out there...I'm in!

Lauress is one of my HG's. I love the new Elemental. It naturally melts into my skin so it glows nicely. Lasts all day. It also works really well with Aubrey Nicole gel primer. Great products. The samples aren't as big as OCM, but they are good quality and I would recommend them.

It is currently the best MMU I've tried, but I've tried only 4, so I'm still a novice. :laughing: The only problem for me is that I find the yellows too yellow for my skin tone, which means I need to add a....:kopfkratz: ???? shade?? Help, Lilita!!:eusa_pray:

Well i just took advantage of the sample special. I ordered four samples for the cost of shipping (US Priority $4.00). I have read some pretty goods comments about this brand. So I did it, I ordered. :eek:oops:

This is absolutely my last company sampling. I have found perfect color matches with Aubrey Nicole, Lumiere and Aromaleigh. I've been wearing them for the last week or so, trying to pick one. I see EVEN MORE indecisiveness in my future if Lauress turns out to be another color/coverage match. Man, this picking "the one" for a full size feels like a life decision. :scared: :wassatt: :unsure:

Hi Qwerty - I am wondering if the GOLDS might suit you better than the YELLOWS? Just a thought...

What other shades did you get?

Lilita, I just bought the Original in Whipped Honey to mix with the Creamy Yellow, along the principles of your "Chartreux+Angora" Mix. :add_twinkle: I can't give up on the Creamy Yellow, it's PERFECT!!! Yes, Radiant Gold might have been the best shade, but it is out of stock in the Original and I want to "save" the Creamy Yellow. :satisfied: I'm not too sure about mixing Elementals with the Originals, and I like the Original formulation a lot too. Could be my HG, and they are discontinuing it!!!:bawling:

Hi Qwerty!

Now I can't wait to try the Creamy Yellow! What with both you and Periwinkle raving about this! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I resisted buying the original formula at first because of it being discontinued (what if I like it too much? LOL ). So, anyway, I don't know what Whipped Honey looks like... Have you started mixing?

Also curious - how do you like the Elemental (texture, feel, coverage etc) compared to the Original?

I remember Periwinkle saying that mixing the Original with Elemental didn't go so well....

UPDATE - Qwerty, I tried out the Creamy Yellow (review on my blog) - you're right. It's too yellow! And I think I prefer the Elemental Soft Yellow <-- more flattering on me.

I love LaurEss Elemental foundation. It is sheer, but buildable and feels like I'm not wearing any foundation whatsoever. It lasts all day too. I find that it looks better when I apply it wet versus dry.

However, lately I've been noticing that the Radiant Fawn and the Soft Fawn may not be such a great match for me. I want to try out the Yellows and the Goldens but haven't decided if I should sample once again or just settle with Lumiere's Light Medium Golden in Veena Velvet. Decisions, decisions. I also don't know if I should take the plunge and get some Meow foundation samples in whatever breed matches me (maybe the Yellows; Am I the only one that find the "catchy" cat names a bit annoying when trying to figure out what color to pick?)

All that said :rotfl: LaurEss Elemental is very nice. I love the coverage, the customer service is great, and the packaging is great. The price could be lowered a tad though. :rotfl:

Oh, Lilita, I checked out your blog yesterday and the Soft Yellow looks amazing on you! I really like it. Now I want to try it out too.

I love the Elemental...it is one of my HGs. Worth a try for anyone, especially with the free sample offer till the end of the month.

LaurEss Elemental is my #2 favorite. If I went on feel alone, it's definitely #1. My only issue it that I have some pigmentation issues and I spend too much time doing the layers. I hate to admit it but I am kind of lazy about foundation application. I want things hidden in one or two passes without looking caking.

My color match was Radiant Gold and I did a b/a. My Lumiere is L-M Golden in FF. Also, if you are really interested in Meow, my match was Frisky Korat. Also did b/a. If you are more like Lilita, you'll want her mix- see that Meow thread.

Just want to add that I tried LaurEss Creamy Yellow this morning (it's still on half my face) and I prefer LaurEss Elemental's Soft Yellow! I know that these two shades are supposed to be the same, but for some reason the Elemental Soft Yellow is a nicer match for me than the Original Creamy Yellow (??) Could it be that because the Original formula is more matte/opaque the colors are less forgiving? I also prefer the Elemental because it's more pore-flattering on me.

LadyTee - I found that I could wear Lumiere VV Light Med Golden in winter but it was not yellow/peach enough for me. If it was a tad 'warmer' it would've been perfect!

How would you describe the Fawns on you? I haven't tried these but have a Soft Fawn sample (too dark for me) and it looks very WARM/reddish. If you are going to sample more LaurEss I would suggest trying the Goldens too because the yellows are VERY yellow. In Meow you MAY have to mix (which I understand involves more work) - the advantage in doing this is that you can tweak away... and get the right amount of yellow-ness.

lilita I just checked out your blog and yes, Creamy Yellow is too yellow on you. Your boyfriend knows what he's talking about. :lol:

I have the Soft Fawn, Radiant Fawn, Soft Ivory and a slew of other samples from LaurEss. I have 8 of the Elemental samples. The ones that didn't work out for me I just mixed the whole thing to make one big mess. LOL It's my travel foundation and I could actually get away with it and not look weird.

As for the Soft Fawn, I can actually wear it and not look too "off" but if I put more layers I look a bit ashy. Interesting that you say Soft Fawn is warm/reddish. I don't really see any red in it.

I may just try the Soft Yellow and the Goldens (thanks Hoozey for the suggestion).

As for Meow, I don't know if I should just wait for them to come out with the new Lynx mix or just try it out now?

Or should I just stop sampling?!!! :rotfl:

LaurEss is one of my HG foundations! I can't rave enough about it...although I think I'm partial to the original formula, but I definitely think Elemental is exceptional as well.

Sorry! My mistake. i had another look at my swatches and I had referred to Soft Ginger by mistake. Soft Fawn looks more neutral/beige-yellow... If this looks too ashy, I think the Goldens and Yellows would be better matches!

I try to stop sampling. i really do! But I can't stop... :rotfl:

I'm glad you said that because I was scratching my head thinking maybe I got the wrong sample. :rotfl: Soft Ginger sounds correct. I think I got that sample too and you're right it's warm/reddish. The Gingers didn't work out for me at all.

It's so hard to stop when I keep coming back to this board and seeing all the beautiful colors. Ahhhh!!!!!!

Back