Is Lauress anyone's HG?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like both Original and Elemental, but Periwinkle's right, the Original has better coverage which I need. The texture is somehow creamier and more silky to the touch.

Creamy Yellow is such a lovely shade, a tad darker (...hmm..maybe more intense?) than Elemental in Soft Yellow. Soft Yellow I find just a bit too light. I might be golden-olive-yellow like Periwinkle, so the Golds would have been great but they're out of Radiant Gold and the other Gold shades are either too light or too dark to mix with the Creamy Yellow. I tried mixing the sample Elemental with the Original, and don't like the way they come together...the Original's creaminess is lost! I can't give up on the Creamy Yellow, it feels so nice even if it looks like tumeric!! think the Original is my HG, but *must* get the shade right.

Oh the trials and tribulations.... :laughing:

And it looks like you have to get another Original to mix too, like you did with the Meows!!... :icon_chee:

Update: I tried mixing the Creamy Yellow with a lot of Silver Mica (40%), and it did tone down the yellow and lightened it somewhat, but not "glowy" enough...or so says the inner Disco Queen. :biggrin:

Whipped Honey is on its way - it's a light golden-beige. I'll update when I get it in the mail!! :7dh:

Hello Miss Disco Queen :rofl: - no more mixing for me!!! I'm done with mixing! lol

I actually prefer the Elemental formula even though everyone says it has sheerer coverage etc.. it just looks better on me than the original, I don't know why. The Creamy yellow really emphasized my pores! In fact, I am surprised you prefer the original because Elemental has more glowiness. Not super shiny glowy, but there's a sheen to it, if you know what I mean. Yeah, keep us posted! (or start a blog - hint hint) :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I agree with you on everything Lilita! #1 you look amazing in Elemental! #2 "Miss Disco Queen" needs to do a blog too! :rockwoot:She also needs to buy "glows"---- my recs- has to have J. Lynne's "bronze" luminous, Val's "satin sun", Lumiere's "natural radiance" at the VERY LEAST. :rotfl:

Heehee...yes, the Elemental is gorgeous, has a golden sheen that is simply adorable....:angel: BUT...I'm not only a Disco Queen but also a Zits Queen :bawling:....so need the coverage of the Original, and then I'm putting on the glitz to disguise any leftover visible spots! ha....maybe that's why i'm attracted to the Meows too, spots! Problem is, I wear contacts, and it's been hell doing my makeup, removing/replacing them several times over with all the sparkly micas falling into the eye and on the contacts....:screams: :bawling:

I'd love to blog about it, but don't want to scare anyone - the zits-peppered visage, the bloodshot eyes, the chalk face, the nightmarish struggles - there are children surfing the net!!!

Making up is hard to do, but...I will survive. :schaem:

Hey Hoozey What exactly does the "natural Radiance" do?? does it give you a dewey look? and do you put it on as a finishing powder? Does it make you feel dry at all?because I don't really like the finishing powders at all that much because it tends to make me a little dry I'm thinking of purchasing a sample to try it out.

Sorry for all the quest.

THANKS

I have some samples from LaurEss of the Elemental formula and it's very nice. I wish I could say it's HG material for me, but as of right now the coverage is too sheer if I'm having a "bad skin day" and I find that my forehead gets shiny faster than it does with other foundations.

I do love how soft it makes my skin feel, and it hasn't contributed to any breakouts. To be fair, I'm going to keep them and try them again with primer and/or a flat top brush, in hopes it will cut down on the oilies and give me better coverage. I'm planning on getting Aubrey Nicole's primer and Lumiere's flat top [whenever it's available again-- which I fear might be quite a while!].

The natural radiance from Lumiere is a peachy illuminizer. It gives a dewey look and I just love glow. It doesn't feel dry like finishing powders- I know exactly what you mean- I had a BE MV for more than 5 years because I'd put it on, hate the dry feel and put it away for a long time. Then I'd hear the BE users rave- try it again. :add_wegbrech:Hate to spend your money for you, but while you're getting samples, get the innocence and clear radiances I think they'll look stunning on you! Also, you can get smaller sizes of the products so you don't have to go with the largest one. A little goes a long way too.

I love the Aubrey Nicole primer too and I also just got their Flat Top bronzer brush and it's awesome. Just a thought if the one you want is not going to be available for some time. This one is synthetic, totally soft and compact. I'm now torn between my kabuki and the flat top!

I didn't notice that the AN flat top was synthetic-- thanks for pointing that out, it does look like a good alternative :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> And only $12? I might just get this instead of Lumiere's since I don't know if I can wait very much longer, LOL.

Got my Elemental samples in the mail yesterday, couldn't wait to try them so I'm already up at like 8:00am on a Saturday hanging out here...where did everyone go?? will let y'all know what I think of it...

Hi everyone, I need some advice. I'm going to get 4 Elemental samples tomorrow, hopefully before the offer closes! My choices so far are Radiant Yellow, Soft Yellow and Pure Yellow and I need one more but can't decide. I'm Southeast Asian Chinese with a medium-light tan and yellow-peach undertones, very similar to Lilita I think. Which foundation should I pick as my 4th choice? Suggestions please! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Sunny - Can't wait to get your review!

LittleJade - You may want to try the Golds? (Radiant or Soft) I think Periwinkle wears Radiant Gold. I can wear Radiant Gold too, but I find the Yellows are a better match on me. Hope this helps!

Ok, so here goes...first let me start w/ this. I used the Laura Geller spackle as primer today for the first time in a few weeks, I stopped using it cuz it just didn't work for me. It's strange, it doesn't dry like the Smashbox, it kinda stays moist on my face like when you first apply moisturizer or when you use a moisturizer that's too greasy. So, after using the spackle I lightly buffed on the Subtle Yellow w/ my flat-top...whoa, bad, really bad, couldn't blend it, just sort of patched up in different spots and was really cakey looking. So, I re-washed my face and used the Smashbox primer which is what I should have done in the first place but sometimes I think something that didn't work in the past just might work this time...

ok, smashbox primer then buffed the subtle yellow w/ flat-top...great, just beautiful, what a finish...never felt a foundation that felt this sheer/light and had the finish that I love...kinda dewy. I applied another layer just for some extra coverage and it still looked great. Here's the thing though, the Monave has such great staying-power, I didn't need to touch up at all even after a 12-hour day. It looked just as good after 12 hours that it did when I first applied. The Elemental didn't last that long though, I thought it could have used a touch-up half way through the day, around dinner time. But to be fair, I've had a flu for a couple of days and today I had a bad fever so my face was very hot and my head felt like it was going to explode at any moment, so I'm sure that could have had something to do w/ it. I'm going to give it another try tomorrow, I'll be at church for a few hours so we'll see about the staying power.

So, all in all, I did like it alot, very much. But I also still love the Monave. I'm def willing to give it another try cuz I think it's worth that much since I love the feel and finish of it...I really want it to work, it feels like I'm really not wearing anything at all. And that's worth alot in my book...the subtle yellow was a really good match, tomorrow I'll try the subtle gold. Are the finishing powders any good? I got one w/ my samples but didn't use it today.

Lilita, not sure if I've already mentioned it but I love your blog! I think my skin is the same depth as yours or maybe slightly darker so perhaps I should go with the Softs or Pures? What was it about Radiant Gold that didn't match as well as the Yellow? Lots of mmu foundations have this beige cast that doesn't work for me. I also saw it mentioned somewhere that someone ordered 3 elementals and 1 finishing powder and still got the $10 off? I might be wrong about that, but if it applies then maybe I'll just skip the 4th foundation and get a f/p. Thanks for the suggestions!

Hey Sunny - I noticed too that the Elemental needs touching up and blotting during the day... But I haven't worn any primer with it yet; I should try this.

I really love the feel, finish and color though! It's just right without any need to mix. (sigh of relief)

LittleJade - Yeah I think Softs or Pures because Radiant is a bit light on me. Soft could work on you. I thought Radiant Gold had a slight pink cast to it, but interestingly Soft Gold is more true Gold (no pink cast at all). I *think* the $10 off sale applies regardless of what you buy when you enter the code. I'm not sure... The sale ends very soon though, so you better hurry! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thanks lilita! Your reply came just in the nick of time as I was sitting here adding and deleting things from my LaurEss cart, simultaneously rereading the other LaurEss thread and refreshing this thread hoping for a reply :rotfl: I ordered Soft Yellow, Pure Yellow, Soft Gold and their Fantastic Finish in Medium. I hope at least one of the foundations works for me!

So I just took a peek in the mirror in natural sunlight:scared: ...I think the Subtle shades are a little too light for me. I'm wearing the Subtle Gold today and it seems to look just a touch light than my neck.

Lilita, think the Radiant Gold or Yellow might be a better match? Are they much darker than the subtles cuz in the photo it looks kinda dark...:kopfkratz:

I wonder if I could use the code to get the discount when purchasing f/s tubs...anybody happen to know this? thanks. :rotfl:

Hi LittleJade, I did this...3 foundations and 1 finishing powder and a couple of f/s e/s that were on sale and got the $10 discount....hope it helps!!! :rotfl:

Hi Sunny - I guess you've already ordered :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I didn't order any Subtles, so I don't know how Radiant compares... sorry! I found though, that Soft is only a little bit darker than Radiant so maybe the jump between Subtle and Radiant is probably not very huge...

Yup, that's what I did too. I figured if none of the foundations work out at least I'll still have something from them that I'm pretty sure will work :laughing:

Back