Is Lauress anyone's HG?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
heeh...memaize, I'm facing a truly steep learning curve here, and I don't know myself whether to laugh or cry! :laughing: :bawling:...though I laugh more here because you ladies are so fun and supportive.:g:

I'm a bit upset with Lauress because I placed and paid for another order for Whipped Honey, wanted to add a pale pink foundation to the order for my Mom in "Barely Buff", and haven't heard anything from them in 5 days. Does anyone know if the "SAMPLES" discount is for once per custormer only? Should I get my mom to order the samples and foundation for herself and then add the order of Whipped Honey for me? It wasn't mentioned in their newsletter that it is restricted to one order of "SAMPLES" per customer/address... :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />, unlike Lumiere. I wanted to pay for my Mom's stuff too. What can you do to get a reply from them? I tried both orders@ and customerservice@ and still no reply.

Hi Qwerty - Sorry to hear about what's happening... I would be upset and frustrated too! You know, I read somewhere that LaurEss is having computer problems - I wonder if maybe she isn't receiving your emails? I'm not sure what to suggest. Have you tried reaching her via the LaurEss forum? anyway, I hope you get a response soon!

Lilita,

Thanks so much for your response. i'll check with their Forum to see if I'd have better luck! Btw, what will you do with the too-dark Creamy Yellow? Will you try mixing with the Elementals or another brand of MMU? Btw, I *LOVE* your blog, so many swatches, charts, product pictures and testing photos!! Very informative, great graphics and what beautiful parcels you got from Meow. :7b:

Aw, thank you, Qwerty :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Will you start a blog too? hint hint

Hmmm...I haven't decided what to do with the Creamy Yellow... I don't know if I'll mix it with the Elementals because I read that the two formulas don't mix very well together. Oh well. I am glad it was selling at a discounted price!

I got this straight from the LaurEss forum:

This would explain why you haven't heard back. I would try resending your request. Lauren offers excellent service and I am sure any negative experience you have had is due to this technical issue. I can also tell you that I have used the samples code twice and there was no problem.

Good luck!

Thanks Makeupbabe! I was wondering why I had not heard anything about my samples I ordered. I placed the order a week ago. Well now that I know what is up I will not worry.

Thanks again!! :rotfl:

I posted on their forum and received a reply from Lauren the next day. She gave me a Paypal address to forward the payment to and right after I sent it out, I got an email from her saying she received it. So all is smooth sailing :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Qwerty-

Start a blog please!!! PLEASE. It doesn't have to be all MMU- we just want to hear more of your antics.

:p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> What a relief - I just got an email from Lauren, and indeed it was a computer breakdown. She never got my emails and a lot of data were wiped out. :icon_sad: She graciously and generously offered to send my additional f/s order free, but I'm turning it down - she has a business to run. I'll most definitely buy from her again, seeing how much I love their products and their c/s.

Hoozey, can you email me your address? I've got the Lumiere packed and ready. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

As for blogging, I'd be too embarassed to showcase my daily calamnities next to the beautifully applied MMU on the other great-looking blogs. My digicam is also broken,sigh. And honestly, it's been pretty disastrous having my butterfingers coming to grips with the powders-that-be.... :laughing: If anything, it might scare off a lot of newbies! I kid you not - streaky metallic glitter, foundation that traces the contours of my flaky zits, ugh.....think episodes of CSI... :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> When I get my cam fixed, my Photoshop touch-up program up and running :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> then maybe.... Meanwhile, I'd be happy to post swatches, and I'm really crazy about the eyeshadows I got, such complexity!!! I'll never go back to flat boring pressed shadows again. now, if only I could put it on without blinding myself...:bawling:

You don't have to post photos, we just want the daily trials and tribulations of Qwerty and the MMU. I was painting the basement yesterday with this dark red glaze and it was all over me. My youngest came home from school before I had a chance to clean up and at first thought I'd been in an accident or something. They never know what they are coming home to with me. Glamour mom or something out of a horror movie.

I just got my "order shipped" confirmation too. They must be getting caught up.

Yay! Got my shipped out order today from Lauress. :cheer:Their customer service is actually very good, Lauren was upset that she missed all my emails. I'll definitely buy from them again, and would recommend it to friends and family. It's the smoothest, finest powder I've tried so far. She's also offering a hefty 25% discount to make up for the glitch, type in "discount1" as the discount code. :11:

Hoozey, Thank you so much for sending the Lauress. Sent out your small package today too. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Hope it won't take too long to get to you. I've been reading your blog, and it seems painting the walls is a somewhat similar endeavor as putting minerals on, but on 1000x faces. :laughing: and kids need to be scared out of their wits every now and then...You're doing well. The way I'm going OTT with the mineral colors and eyeshadows, if I were to paint a basement, it'll look like a rainbow threw up in it.:crazy: :cheer2:

I hope it doesn't take too long to get the Lauress to you!! I have backups on my Lumiere. :rotfl: Actually decorating really is similar to makeup in many ways. Timer went off... got to change the sprinklers... get this, I've been watering what I thought was newly planted grass for two mornings only to see the guy out there yesterday afternoon doing it. It's not all bad--- it helped the little bit of grass that came in last time it was planted and it made the ground better for the guy to rip up for the next batch. How clueless am I? :laughing:

Back