Do you send christmas cards??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
well I was talking to my mum today, and she asked me when I'm sending christmas cards out. And then I explained that I don't actually send cards at all -

I understand sending christmas cards overseas, but my mum sends cards to people who live within walking distance of our house - I guess maybe I'm part of a generation that would prefer to send emails.

I will give my friends cards with their christmas presents when we meet up, but I never actually post cards unless they're for friends overseas. And, I have very few friends overseas!

so, do you send cards to your friends who live close by? or only to friends and relatives that live too far away to actually meet up with?

yep, Cards are good....many paper ones and on line too
smile.gif

I hardly send any Christmas cards any more. I think the internet has taken over a bit, there are lots of people who do it online now.

i think sending them gives a personal msg to people....not that emails dont but i just think with cards 4 me when i get them it the facts that someone else took the time to write it out for me....and thats a nice thought fo rme.

I send either emails or online greetings, and I think that's fine. I talked to a number of people about the idea of sending Christmas cards and all of them (really, all) said they look at them, and after Christmas throw them all away. I'd rather save all that paper
wink.gif

I only send cards to 2/3 people & they live quite far away. I will hand cards out to people, but I'm too cheap to spend all that money on stamps...lol.

Though the number of cards keeps dropping every year (in proportion to the number of relatives remaining.. Lol). Still the old fashion way.. With a personalized hand written note...

(Don't ya just hate those form letters?? "Little Billy graduated top of his class from Harvard Law school and married Ms Universe and got a job with some big law firm at 2 million a year plus benifits.... Hahaha).

Were probably down to about 30 cards a year now... Relatives and friends and coworkers...

for far away relatives, we send cards. i will put one in my ss gift. but for friends, we just send emails or messages on our cellphones. ah ! new generation and technology ! part of me is kind of romantic and extreme, if i were to really write a card, it would be with parchment paper, with a quill...

besides, apart from Smith the shops always sell those boring classic christmas cards that are not so cute and original.

I'm sending a Christmas card for the first time this year. My friends and I always stay in touch with email, myspace, and a few phone calls but I like the idea of sending a real card. When someone goes to the trouble of going to the store, purchasing a card, signing it, AND taking it to the post office to mail it...it's a lot more special than sending a free e-greeting while crashing on the couch watching TV. I'm also getting professional pictures made to include in my card; I'm excited because I haven't done that since I was twelve-years-old.

I do send out christmas cards. I send them to my friends and family. I even send one to my in-laws and parents even though I see them all the time

I used to hand deliver to friends who live in my local area and I post the rest. I think it's nice to receive a card with your name and a signature on it.

I bought 78 cards to send out... Some are family, some are friends outside of MuT, and some are MuTers. I send cards out EVERY year! And yes, I handwrite a note in each card
vogel.gif

Originally Posted by Anthea /img/forum/go_quote.gif I used to hand deliver to friends who live in my local area and I post the rest. I think it's nice to receive a card with your name and a signature on it. I agree; there's so little snail mail to look foward to these days and most of it isn't even personal (i.e. catalogues, coupons, and free samples). It's so nice to sort through your bills and credit card applications and find a personal card just for you.

Back