Do you send christmas cards??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the idea too, but I just don't, and then I thought, well i'll never recieve any if I don't send them myself.. guess I should just starting sending them!

I really prefer to send out cards that I make personally. It has a lot more meaning behind it and I'm an artsy chick..so I like doing them.

I used to send out 99 cents cards...when i was younger though...

I use to be really good about sending out Christmas cards, but not so much anymore. I will try my hardest to do that this year ..

I mail cards to relatives who live out of province. For friends that live in the same city I use to hand deliver cards. I agree it is nice to receive a card in the mail or hand delivered, more of a personal touch. I did have a few friends who couldn't be bothered to hand deliver or mail cards, so we just gave each other e-cards.

Originally Posted by pla4u /img/forum/go_quote.gif yep, Cards are good....many paper ones and on line too
smile.gif
same here

I almost always send out Christmas cards and I usually make them myself. I don't know why, but I prefer paper ones to e-cards. And I absolutely hate the ones in form of text messages.

I'll also be sending them out this year.

I'm going to do a Christmas letter this year and a picture of my family made into cards from Costco or something. I've never done a Christmas letter before, but we had so much happen this year so I thought this would be a good year to do it!

I love getting cards in the mail, it makes me feel that someone is thinking enough of me to actually write my name on a cad, wish me well wishes, and put a stamp on it, so therefore, i am a card giver!!! but i have always been big on cards and notes and such. which is why i am such a prolific poster at times, hehehe

it's even more important now that we have a baby, it's imperative that his picture be on everyone's fridge!!!

my mum does that - she types up a letter saying everything that has been done this year and sends it to all our relatives. As my dad has 6 brothers and sisters it's a good way to keep in touch since not all of them have email, or have given us their email addresses if they have them. It really is nice, I myself love to recieve christmas cards, I guess I should not be so lazy, LOL

Originally Posted by Karren_Hutton /img/forum/go_quote.gif Though the number of cards keeps dropping every year (in proportion to the number of relatives remaining.. Lol). Still the old fashion way.. With a personalized hand written note...
(Don't ya just hate those form letters?? "Little Billy graduated top of his class from Harvard Law school and married Ms Universe and got a job with some big law firm at 2 million a year plus benifits.... Hahaha).

Were probably down to about 30 cards a year now... Relatives and friends and coworkers...

LMAO!! Yes! I DO hate those form letters! Although, sometimes they are informative when it's people I haven't seen in years.
I go in spurts with cards. I either don't send them at all, which I haven't the last couple years with being really busy OR I send them to a crapload of people! LOL!! Which I think I'm going to try to do this year just because I feel like it!

I try to every year but I have been known to skip a year here and there. Last year I bought some of those cute pop up cards and sent out to my closest friends and family. Those were really fun and I could just imagine the smiles on their faces as they opened them up
smile.gif

Not since the invention of the internet. On a more serious note, i think i'm going to send christmas cards to my close friends this year, it's really more special to have a tangible copy

I don't send cards anymore ever since e-cards existed... unless it's overseas or someone else has already sent me one by mail - feel obliged to return the favor, hehe.

Back