EDM New Synthetic Premium Flat Top Brush

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just received my brushes in the mail and tried them out. They are FANTASTIC. Do not hesitate to buy these brushes - they're excellent. No hairs have budged, and the coverage is unbelievable. They're also very inexpensive at $10.00 a piece. I bought some extra's to give to my mom and sis for Christmas!

Loving them!!!!!! The long-handled synthtic kabuki is also one of the finest brushes I've used!

CooCoo

how big is the brush itself? is it dense to give you a lot of coverage?

also, it didnt shed at all? im very intrested in this brush.

im thinking either this or the badger buff brush from coastalscents

Originally Posted by ciggz /img/forum/go_quote.gif how big is the brush itself? is it dense to give you a lot of coverage?also, it didnt shed at all? im very intrested in this brush.

im thinking either this or the badger buff brush from coastalscents

Were you thinking about Coastal Scent's Deluxe Buffer Brush?
It's only $4.25!

The one reviewer on the page seemed to like this brush. I want to get it, but the picture on the website looks like it's going to shed a lot.

Which one provides better coverage??? I'm not sure if i should get only 1 or get both LOL

^ I'm definitely getting both
biggrin.gif

I already have the new kabuki, and I have to say it's the best brush I've ever used. SUPER soft and doesn't shed at all, I also like the long handle.

Both of the Everydayminerals New Synthetic Long Handled Kabuki and the New Synthetic Flat Top brushes are EXCELLENT. They each have about about 4 inch long wooden handle and are both very dense brushes. To tell you the truth, the Kabuki is such a "chubby" brush packed with synthtic hair that it does just as good a job applying the minerals as the synthetic flat top! I'm so glad that I got both brushes! In fact, I had bought the Kabuki with the intention of applying a light dusting of finishing powder but find that it gives me such terrific coverage that I can use it to apply my foundation as well. I'll use a more "fluffy" loose kabuki that I have - or one of my fluffy face powder brushes to apply the finishing veil.

The synthitic flat top is as good (or even better) than some of the higher priced flat tops which I already own. It's also a very dense brush, packed with the softest synthetic hairs which feels like lush velour on your face when you apply the minerals! And the best part is that NOT ONE HAIR has shed from either of them, but then that's what they state on their website. I can't say enough good things about these brushes! I'm in love!

Actually, you can add them to the custom kits - and it ends up being even cheaper than the $10.00 per brush - I don't think that there's an extra charge for which brush you choose so you can incorporate the brushes into the kits and really save big.

There's a new code too - it's:

7oukyM

When you use that code at checkout you'll receive 7% off your purchase - and if your purchase comes to $32.00 total (after discount and before shipping) you'll receive 2 eyeshadows and an eyebrow brush FREE. Great deal

CooCoo

Originally Posted by haemisphere /img/forum/go_quote.gif Were you thinking about Coastal Scent's Deluxe Buffer Brush?
It's only $4.25!

The one reviewer on the page seemed to like this brush. I want to get it, but the picture on the website looks like it's going to shed a lot.

I'm the one who wrote this review
smile.gif

I do like this brush, it's soft and does a good job applying the foundation, but it did shed a lot the first few times I've used it. Now the shedding seems to stop almost completely. After I wrote the review I used this brush for wet application and I noticed it has a little unpleasant smell when it's damp.

In spite of all this I still think it's a good brush especially for this price.

After reading all of the good reviews about this flat top from EDM I'm going to give this one a try, it does seem to be a better brush. Thanks coocoo4coco for the review!

Originally Posted by haemisphere /img/forum/go_quote.gif Were you thinking about Coastal Scent's Deluxe Buffer Brush?
It's only $4.25!

no i want the italian badger brush
WoodFlatTopBadger_600.jpg

$11.95

ppl are raving about this so i think i will order this, but the edm flat top looks so good too!!!

I got my EDM Order today after having to finally reorder...(My last kit lasted over a year...and I still have leftovers of alot of stuff...lol) I got both these brushes in the kit..(Kit seemed the best way to go since I knew I wanted to try the new brushes......20 dollar value in a 48 dollar kit with all the other goodies so if u subtract the regular cost of the brushes I got 2 foundations, 3 blushes, 1 concealer, 1 finishing dust and 4 eyeshadows (all FULL SIZE) for 28 bucks ..you got to love that...lol (AWESOME DEAL...but enough on that)

These brushes are the BEST I've ever used. My old EDM Kabuki shedded like crazy at first....Not a single hair has been lost on these new ones.

They are so very SOFT....I can't emphasize enough their quality and for such a low price. I can't wait till they get their other new brushes up on the site....I'm addicted to the feel and love the long handles!!

I've always prefered flat tops for extra coverage but the new EDM Kabuki is better than any flat top i've used in the past. I really can't decide which of the 2 I like more...they are both that good!!!

Don't hesitate...if you need some new brushes and don't want to break the bank this is the way to go....They both feel and works like any of those super expensive professional quality brushes I've admired in the past but could never convince myself to splurge for.

Originally Posted by indigomoon /img/forum/go_quote.gif I got my EDM Order today after having to finally reorder...(My last kit lasted over a year...and I still have leftovers of alot of stuff...lol) I got both these brushes in the kit..(Kit seemed the best way to go since I knew I wanted to try the new brushes......20 dollar value in a 48 dollar kit with all the other goodies so if u subtract the regular cost of the brushes I got 2 foundations, 3 blushes, 1 concealer, 1 finishing dust and 4 eyeshadows (all FULL SIZE) for 28 bucks ..you got to love that...lol (AWESOME DEAL...but enough on that)
These brushes are the BEST I've ever used. My old EDM Kabuki shedded like crazy at first....Not a single hair has been lost on these new ones.

They are so very SOFT....I can't emphasize enough their quality and for such a low price. I can't wait till they get their other new brushes up on the site....I'm addicted to the feel and love the long handles!!

I've always prefered flat tops for extra coverage but the new EDM Kabuki is better than any flat top i've used in the past. I really can't decide which of the 2 I like more...they are both that good!!!

Don't hesitate...if you need some new brushes and don't want to break the bank this is the way to go....They both feel and works like any of those super expensive professional quality brushes I've admired in the past but could never convince myself to splurge for.

EXACTLY! I have the more expensive synthetic brushes and these are either as good or better. I'm glad someone else feels the same as I do. And, you're so right about the kabuki being so dense, that it's hard to decide whether you prefer the flat top or the kabuki! I can't rave enough about them. Definitely go with the kit for the biggest bargain ever - at only $10.00 each, they're a steal anyway. But if you incorporate them into the kit - you're really getting a deal. And, don't forget the coupon!

I got the flat top when I ordered samples of the new foundation colors, and man alive! I always thought that for softness in makeup brushes you needed to go with some kind of animal hair, but the synthetic flat top is just like coocoo4coco wrote - feels like plush velour on your face. And it covers really well. I can't believe they're $10 bucks a pop.

woo hoo! I've been hoping for a review of the NEW Synthetic Flat Top and Kabuki brush for ages!!! Thank you so much! Unfortunately, I just received my brushes from Lumiere's Pre-Buy Sale. D'oh!!! But all is well. Whenever EDM releases all their new brushes, I'll be the first in line for more brushes because a makeup lover can never have too many brushes! =D Thanks again for the review!

Hey is there an option for shipping when checking out? When I tried checking out, I couldnt add shipping. So is shipping included for any order?

Back