Who actually likes their skin?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have become so obessed with my skin, it´s not even funny. I have this crazy idea stuck in my head that with serums/scrubs/chemical peels I will one day achieve the look of flawless, porcelaine skin. My skin is not bad, and with foundation it looks pretty good, but I want to be like those girls who have skin like a baby...smooth, rosy, no visible pores lol

Do you like your skin? If not, do you just settle with what you have or try to improve it?

My skin kinda went stupid after having children, but its slowly returning to normal...Only thing is now i seem to have constant circles under my eyes.... but my actual skin tone is quite ok.

I don't like my skin.

I don't get spots very often but when I do they're big and swollen and I hateee my dark circles.

In fact if my dark circles were better I probably wouldn't wear foundation as regularly as I do.

I hate my skin. I have massive pores, and it's totally uneven! I've spent quite a lot going to a dermatologist and still hardly any results!

Originally Posted by magneticheart /img/forum/go_quote.gif I don't like my skin.I don't get spots very often but when I do they're big and swollen and I hateee my dark circles.

In fact if my dark circles were better I probably wouldn't wear foundation as regularly as I do.

I have bad circles as well, geez I hope I don´t start obsessing about those too lol. I think dark circles is the one skin problem where pretty much nothing helps. Even with big pores you´re better off

Originally Posted by pinksugar /img/forum/go_quote.gif I hate my skin. I have massive pores, and it's totally uneven! I've spent quite a lot going to a dermatologist and still hardly any results! really? I´m curious, what did your dermatologist prescribe you or what kind of treatments did he/she do?

Yeah, I don't like my skin either. I have large pores, blackheads all over my nose, breakouts on the chin and small pimples on forehead. And it gets super dry in the winter. Skin over my body is ok, but very dry all trough the year.

My skin isn't perfect but I have learned to be more accepting.

From 10 to 35, I had cystic acne. The skin on my cheels was covered with poke marks. I spoke to a plastic surgeon and I had dermabrasion - plastic surgery, not the 1/2hour spa treament. It took 6 months for my skin to heal but it was all worth it.

Now when I get a breakout, its no big deal.

I use a prescription product that works and I know how to conceal to make the area look better, while it heals.

For those that have dark circles, consider using a sunscreen sensitive enough for that area so it doesn't irritate the eyes.

My understanding is that the skin around the eye can darken from the sun - has more melatin in it.

Apply everyday whether you go outside or not - sun still comes in through windows.

The best way to deal with dark circles is to prevent them in the first place.

I like my skin, I don't have problems with it at all *knock on wood* I could probably go a day or 2 without washing it and just using facial wipes, but it tends to get a bit oily on my T-zone if I don't, which is one thing I really hate.

I totally hate my skin!! Old and wrikles.. Never took very good care of it.. Love to sand it all off and start over!!

My mother had laser resurfacing done, totally transformed her skin. But my aunty went too far and got a face lift chin tuck thingy... doesnt look natural.

I think alot of us here, have things that we hate about our skin. That's why we come here to ban together to try and learn from each other what works and what doesn't. And what is the next new item we have to try is. Maybe we just all are the type that are a little more obsessive about our skin than other people. I know my skin really isn't that bad, but I do have the dark circles I hate and the break outs now at 32 that I didn't have as a teenager. So that makes me worry even more. I would love to have nice perfect skin.

Over the years my skin has gotten really better. I know some of you will remember how bad my skin used to be. It's not perfect right now, but I get away with no foundation. I wish it were clearer. I will post a "back in the day" face pic and a "current" face pic to show the progress.

I hate my skin, and im just as obsessed as you are Andi, im looking for either homemade recipes to make my skin clearer or pimple free, or serums and all that...my skin is literally POOP! i hate it, that is the one thing i really really hate about myself, my skin, it obsesses me soo much, my skin tone is so uneven, and i have dark circles under my eyes, and atm i am pimple central..i was going to actually send you a message asking you about some of the products you've bought for making skin tone even and pimple free, i swear right now it looks so bad. Worst thing is, i have to get pictures of my face taken without makeup for my permanent resident paperwork, without MAKEUP!! and i am pimple central, i am going nuts
frown.gif

So yeah, i am just the same as you, and ive become that way recently, i want flawless skin with non visible pores and rosie cheeks so i can get away with wearing no makeup at all whenever i feel like it, and whenever i do for my skin to look even more flawless with makeup on..will it happen one day? i don't know -sigh-

What totally ruined it though was working as a makeup artist and having to wear makeup every day, you know, it's all about presentation, and if you are a makeup artist you kind of have to have makeup on, otherwise people don't really take you seriously :/

I love my skin! I was blessed with good skin (good genes I think!) , I don't get pimples, the skintone is even, colour is even, the only thing I could pick on would be that is can be quite senstive and I have some freckes, apart from that, I love it. I'm very blessed in that department.

I usually have clear skin and I've always been told in photos I look like I have porcelaine skin, but I had a diet change a couple months ago because I wasn't eating enough, now my face is killing me!

I love my skin so much! I am very lucky... I have the softest skin ever, never had a pimple.. I get SO many compliments about my skin. I never really appreciated it until now though.

I like my skin ,, no breakouts no wrinkles and pretty much flawless..

I am grateful

I don't like mine.. scars from acne, blackheads on my nose, and within 2 mins of putting on make up my face has produced enough oil to deep fry mcdonald's fries.

I feel you, Anders.

I have this weird obsession where if I see some girl who is not wearing any makeup at all but their skin looks so good, like soft and not oily and no acne - I just stare. It takes me awhile to snap back, lol. I have envy for this people who can go out and just wear mascara and look ok.

I don't like the old acne scars, dark circles (my fault though, not enough sleep) and eye wrinkles. Otherwise, I'm okay with my skin. I hate the pores on my nose and oily T-zone more than anything else. My other obsession is I do look at myself in the mirror often and admire how much better my skin was then before, how vain Haha. I like having a bare face and just looking at myself makeup-free after I put on all my skincare regimen, even though it still has it's ways to go.

Originally Posted by daer0n /img/forum/go_quote.gif I hate my skin, and im just as obsessed as you are Andi, im looking for either homemade recipes to make my skin clearer or pimple free, or serums and all that...my skin is literally POOP! i hate it, that is the one thing i really really hate about myself, my skin, it obsesses me soo much, my skin tone is so uneven, and i have dark circles under my eyes, and atm i am pimple central..i was going to actually send you a message asking you about some of the products you've bought for making skin tone even and pimple free, i swear right now it looks so bad. Worst thing is, i have to get pictures of my face taken without makeup for my permanent resident paperwork, without MAKEUP!! and i am pimple central, i am going nuts
frown.gif

So yeah, i am just the same as you, and ive become that way recently, i want flawless skin with non visible pores and rosie cheeks so i can get away with wearing no makeup at all whenever i feel like it, and whenever i do for my skin to look even more flawless with makeup on..will it happen one day? i don't know -sigh-

What totally ruined it though was working as a makeup artist and having to wear makeup every day, you know, it's all about presentation, and if you are a makeup artist you kind of have to have makeup on, otherwise people don't really take you seriously :/

I hear ya. I was getting cystic acne about 1 1/2 years ago and I freaked out since the acne I had in my teens was just a bunch of white and blackheads, and those rarely leave any scars or dark marks. I got on a birth control pill that´s the best for acne (a lot of my friends have been on it, it cleared everyone´s skin up) and then cystic pimples stopped. But the dark marks stayed and it drove me nuts. Here I am with clear skin but the tone is so uneven and those red marks bother me.
What I have tried and found to work is

Rx for Brown Skin Exfoliating Serum: evens out skintone, lightens hyperpigmentation gradually

TCA Peels (you can order them online, they aren´t that expensive): to spot treat hyperpigmentation

I also do glycolic peels (40%) but I´m not sure if they do much, maybe a gradual lightening also

Differin: gentle and it works (for me)

birth control pill (specific ones though. I don´t buy the crap that every pill will clear your skin up. That´s what OBGYNs sometimes say because technically they should. But if you have real acne not just any pill is gonna do it for everyone)

And eek, having pics taken with no makeup on? Why would they wanna do that to anyone? I have this pic on my train card that was taken when I was 16, hungover, pale and sick, with no makeup. Everytime I have to show my card I get these "is that really you?" looks lol.

Back