Who actually likes their skin?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like my skin. I have rosacea, huge bags under my eyes and the ocassional break out, but for the most part I love it! I don't have painfully dry skin, or really oily skin. I'm one of the few blessed people with 'normal' skin, so i can't complain. I used to be very embaressed about my rosacea but I have learned to hide it, and also to love it. I've realised now that it's a mild case and it doesn't look as bad as I think it does. Most people just commont that I look flushed like I just finished working otu or something.

I like my skin (sensitive, combination skin) except for a few broken capillaries on my cheeks and the sensitivity. The only time I get a pimple is around that time of the month.

there are things I like and things I don't like

what I like is that I never really had bad breakouts, zits yes, but nothing major. I am the only one out of my sisters and I that doesn't have acne scars and I am thankful forthat. I am also okay with my freckles.

What I don't like is that my skin gets really dry but I still have blackheads on my nose. My pores are large as well and for some reason this year after I turned 34 I am really starting to see aging signs and it depresses me!!

From far away I think it looks good until I get close up then yucko!

I love my skin, when I take great care of myself...
wink.gif

i love my skin and my husband is very proud of me and my skin. he always observed/ looked at my skin when dressing and if there is any spot or sort of, he asks question on what causes it and what i can use it to fade the spot.

but this days am having problems with my face ever since he travels like a year ago, my face has really changed, now have acne and some spots. i know he won't like it when he sees me although i've complained to him on phone.

friends said, it could be the fact that i have not having sex for sometimes now. but can it really affect my facial since abstaining from it is not affecting me pyschologically.

When I was young I used to get compliments on my skin all the time - I really took it for granted. Now that I'm 'hovering' over the big 4-0 I really notice the changes in my skin especially with firmness, tone and discoloration.

I used to be able to get by with just powder, no more. I must use a foundation to make it look like my skin is even. I also break out more now than I ever used to! Dealing with that is no fun. I also have new, enlarged pores that weren't there before. :'-(

Because of my life-long habit of staying out of the sun and religious use of sunscreens and sunglasses, I'm happy to say I have very few lines and wrinkles - at least there's that. ;-)

As my grandmother always said, "when you get old, you get 'funny'". Isn't that the truth!

CC

Beauty Go-To Girl

l like my skin. It's better than it was 10 years ago. I have no more wrinkles, acne scars, dull skin and enlgared pores. My skin is now very even toned and smooth to the point I don't need any foundation any more when I go to work or meet with friends.

I guess I'm satisfied with my skin. I don't wear foundation since I'm comfortable enough without it, but I'm never without self tanner...I use tanner for my whole body though, so it's not like I could leave out my face
smile.gif

i hate hate hate my skin....not even dark circles dark eye lids hyperpigmentation.....if i could wave a magic wand...perfect skin would be on the top of my list!

i HATE my skin!.. the black heads and the huge pores are what kill me.. i cant find nothing to shrink the pores! i need a good face cleanser and routine! anyone have any suggestions..

i can suggest using tea tree oil on pimples just starting, i do this and they are smaller and just about gone the next morning =]

Originally Posted by xtiffanyx /img/forum/go_quote.gif I guess I'm satisfied with my skin. I don't wear foundation since I'm comfortable enough without it, but I'm never without self tanner...I use tanner for my whole body though, so it's not like I could leave out my face
smile.gif
. what's your favourite tanner product (for face)?I have done my whole body with selftanning lotion lots of times but you have to keep it up and after a week or something I am not bothering anymore. I can't find the discipline to keep doing my whole body.

purpleRain, I've been using L'oreal Sublime Bronze ProPerfect Airbrush on my face. I just spray it on and don't have to rub it in and it never comes out uneven looking. I agree with it being a pain since I apply every night, but I refuse to go to a tanning bed since I'm terribly afraid of aging
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by xtiffanyx /img/forum/go_quote.gif purpleRain, I've been using L'oreal Sublime Bronze ProPerfect Airbrush on my face. I just spray it on and don't have to rub it in and it never comes out uneven looking. I agree with it being a pain since I apply every night, but I refuse to go to a tanning bed since I'm terribly afraid of aging
biggrin.gif
. I love L'Oreal Sublime Bronze as well.. I have the one for body. I just wish that it didn't smell so awful on me! I have to make sure to only put it on at night and then shower it off in the morning. But when I work out in the evening, the smell comes out when I sweat. I am so self conscious about it. I Hate to resort to tanning beds, but I don't feel good when I am pale and it actually does help my eczema.. I only go once every few weeks.. but I would like to avoid it completely.

Some days I'm ok with my skin, some days I absolutely hate it.

I have combination skin and get dry patches on my cheeks every now and again, which irritates the hell out of me because if I wore foundation they show up even more. My skin is also quite sensitive so I have to be careful about what I put on it, plus I break out whenever I'm stressed or don't get enough sleep...sigh
frown.gif

Originally Posted by choccy /img/forum/go_quote.gif Some days I'm ok with my skin, some days I absolutely hate it.
I have combination skin and get dry patches on my cheeks every now and again, which irritates the hell out of me because if I wore foundation they show up even more. My skin is also quite sensitive so I have to be careful about what I put on it, plus I break out whenever I'm stressed or don't get enough sleep...sigh
frown.gif

choccy, I have the *same* skin... I have to recommend something I have been using lately on my very dry cheeks. It is Aveda's Sensitive Skin oil. It is essencially jojoba oil with vitamin e and a. My skin has been radiant since using it for the last 2 or three weeks. I use it every day under my moisturizer.

i am a manager at a tanning salon and tanning works wonders! its a good supply of vitamin D and look it up it helps prevent breast cancer and helps with acne because it dries up your skin and doctors have been recomending those with vitamin d who have low supply go once a week or so.. it also heals ezema idk how to spell it..

OMG!! Everyone sounds so much like me! I have had so many issues with my skin over the years: cystic acne in my teens, discoloration from acne scars that take way too long to go away, extremely sensitive skin, still the more-than-occasional pimple here and there.... it's just a constant battle. ARRRGGHH!!!!!!!

Back