Who actually likes their skin?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You have beautiful skin from what I have seen from your FOTD! I use OCM from www.aubreynicole.com and I am love with it! My skin has never looked better and it is inexpensive. Hopefully she does international shipping.

My skin isn't so bad if it wasn't for the minor blemishes that are slowly disappearing.

Im learning to appreciate my skin...I used to have acne really bad, did accutane and everything. And still as I got older I hated my skin because of the scars, and the blotchiness, so I always wore a TON of make up trying to cover it up.

Now I am on my second round of Accutane, and my skin is clearing up again, I am going to start loving my skin for what it is

I always spent so much time and stress worrying about it and hating it, and now that I know that it could be so much worse, I am going to start loving it for how far it has come!

I am obsessed as well. DH tells me to "go get ready for bed" at like 9pm because I spend so long on my routine!
wink.gif
I seriously spend about 20 minutes at night with all the things I do to my face. Nothing was working for my acne prone skin until I started using ProActiv about a week ago. My skin looks and feels wonderful.. FINALLY.

But even with the ProActiv, I still can't give up my dozens of other products that I rotate. Probably not that good for my skin, but I can't help myself!!!!

Originally Posted by leenybeeny /img/forum/go_quote.gif I am obsessed as well. DH tells me to "go get ready for bed" at like 9pm because I spend so long on my routine!
wink.gif
I seriously spend about 20 minutes at night with all the things I do to my face. Nothing was working for my acne prone skin until I started using ProActiv about a week ago. My skin looks and feels wonderful.. FINALLY.
But even with the ProActiv, I still can't give up my dozens of other products that I rotate. Probably not that good for my skin, but I can't help myself!!!!

I am the same! I love my little routine though, it´s kinda fun doing all the scrubs and peels.

I think my current routine will give me much better skin overtime, but I´m impatient.

No, I'm not happy with my skin, either.
frown.gif

I don't really get zits anymore. I have super pale skin and some light freckles on my face, though, which causes my skin to look a little uneven. I have some visible pores on my nose and forhead as well.

For me, flawless skin involves being acne free, no visible pores, no discoloration, and the texture of the skin appears smooth. I've met very few people that I would consider to actually have flawless skin. But I still beat myself up over it, trying to get the perfect look! Seriously...if my skin doesn't look like that of a porcelain doll's, I'm not happy. So (obviously) I'm not happy. lol! I guess that's what I get for being a perfectionist...

I hate my skin in the summer, but the rest of the year it behaves quite nicely. I don't really do anything to improve it...just kinda roll with the punches.

I really don't care for the way my skin looks! Over the past year or so it has really improved until I went off of Birth Control and it went bizerk! I would have thought that because I was taking such measures to make sure I take care of my skin it wouldn't blitz like it did...owell...I do credit my foundation for helping to keep my skin protected and moisturized though- I will never use anything besides Gerda Spillmann's Bio-Fond!! My breakouts and redness have faded considerably since I switched to this!

My skin is changing...

I never really had issues with my skin, but there are issues slowly developing, although most of it is me over-criticizing.

First issue with skin is that it scars... permanently. It's why i love the summer so much I think, because tans hide all those years of picking at my skin. Now that I spend less time in the sun, it's much more noticeable.

Second issue is that I can see micro-lines forming.... but I have to be an inch away from the mirror.

Third issue is that I have spots that I never had before, again, only noticed when I was an inch away from the mirror. Probably caused by all those summers in the sun.

Fourth issue is that my skin looks really really dull lately... and that REALLY makes me sad. My skin used to glow naturally. and now, not so much.

All these issues were enough to get me obsessed with finding a new skincare regimen. So now I am trying a regimen from Prescriptives.

I still don't actually think I have all that much to complain about. I'm Asian. so I have genetics on my side.

I don't like my skin either. I got big pores and dry flaky skin specially on winter season. I also got deep scars on both cheeks.

I loathe my skin and always have. I struggled with mild to moderate acne in my teens and oily oily skin with enlarged pores the rest of the time. It is so hard, no amount of serum, oil absorbers, peels, anything that seem to help. I'm usually fairly self-conscious that people are staring at my enlarged pores on my nose and cheeks. Blech.

to be completely honest, i really do like my skin... right now.

once i get the oil under control (thank you MAC Oil Control Lotion
wub.gif
) it looks really good. i notice that my skin's better during the winter. probably because of the less hot, sticky humidity that wreaks havoc on my skin. but i'm human haha i break out after i get my period. usually on the bridge of my nose.

I don't like my skin either, but i'm ahppier now than i used to be.

If i had to pinpoint one thing i hate about it is its sensitiveness, it makes my cheeks reddish and my skintone uneven.

I also have to wear sunscreen on a daily basis, apart from the anti ageing part, it also helps preventing more pimples and it helps not increase the reddish cheek.

I also get a few zits, which annoys me, as well as large pores on my nose.

To achieve the flawless skin i dream of, i have to wear foundation and conceal those zits.

I don't really love my skin. But i am trying to be realistic and look at it with perspective "glass half full". Overall, it looks nice (from far away
wink.gif
), it is smooth, healthy, I don't have any skin disease, I don't have anything major that would make it really hard for me to overcome in social situations. I could spend hours with magnifying mirror and I could find million flaws (and i did it in the past) but now I try to look at it from far away, as a whole, not as pores, wrinkles, tone etc. I know once I will start doing it, i will go crazy. Wrinkles, pores, lines, folds, redness - it is all normal and almost all human beings have it. Too bad media is trying to convince us otherwise, like these ads with poreless skin etc. I just try to stay sane with all that. I am takng good care of my skin and I spend quite a lot of money and time on it. I also try to stay realistic and I only use magnifying mirror when I plug my eyebrows
wink.gif

Yeah, even I don't like my skin either. But as of now somehow settled with it.

I like my skin, but I don't love it. I have dark undereye circles, but I don't hold that against my skin. I have reddish cheeks that are unevenly colored. Because my skin is fair, I have reddish blemish scars that take *forever* to go away. Also, my cheeks and the area around my nose are really dry and the skin on my chin has become rough in the last year. I'm happy with my routine and overall my skin looks a lot better than it used to, so I like it, but there are things I wish I could change. I find using anti-irritating products with antioxidants in them has really helped improve my skin.

Andi, I also have that sort of an obsession with my skin. I don't like my skin at all.

I have had acne and the pill cured it but when I stopped all the acne came back and ruined my skin. I am a perfectionist and I can't stand my uneven skin with red marks and some scars around my chin/ forehead.

I know it's not the worst but I just hate it. And I have a pale skin so every mark is a big one... and it takes months/ years to fade away. So when I feel a new zit/cyst, I just can think of the new marks it's gone leave on my skin
frown.gif

And I never thought this would stay so long...I mean I am done with my teenage years arg
wink.gif
I can be very sad about this.

I have tried it all by the way. I think I am very sensitive to hormones or something? I had very good periods and very bad periods concerning my skin. I can be amazed about some girls who have the most gorgeous skin without makeup, just flawless. Never get a zit. that's impossible in my world right now. Do you think this 'obsession' prevents getting good skin? I am if you think about the Secret Theory...

I feel the same.

The thing is when I look back at pictures from a few years back, when I thought my skin looked bad, it actually wasn't that bad. I am sad that I thought that way about myself.

Now I still think my skin (chin area mostly) looks bad and it does right now.

I have days where I like my skin and days where I hate it! Some days my skin is really splotchy with red spots and zits. Other days it will be clear and perfect! I do have alot of blackheads as well and that drives me crazy! I guess we just have to accept what we've been given!

Back