When did you say "it"?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i've been with my boyfriend for nearly 3 months now.. it's my second serious relationship and i reeeaally like him. i don't love him yet, i'm getting there though and my friends think that 3 months is a long enough time to fall in love but i don't!!

i love mushy stories so i was just wondering how long you girls had been with your SOs before you told them those three little words? and do you remember how you did it? did they say it back immediately?

Each relationship is going to be different and move at a different pace. But don't say it unless you mean it!
smile.gif

yeah thats totally the worst thing to do!! it takes me so long to just trust someone these days, so i think it's going to be a long while longer before i feel it properly. some people fall in love within days though!

I took A Year To Say it & that was like crazy everyone thought i was mean cuz he would always always tell me & I would Never say it lol

yes, it's taken me different lengths of time as well. Also, it depends how much you're seeing each other. If you're seeing each other every day for a few weeks, then it probably wouldn't take as long as if you were going on 'dates' a few times a week.

I'm so relieved to hear that I'm not alone in thinking 3 months is not all that long. The new bf and I met about a month ago, but we didn't officially start dating until last week or so. I wouldn't be ready to say it yet, for sure!

I'm also looking forward to these cute stories you speak of!

It took us about 1 month and a half.. haha

As I was still a virgin before I met my fiancee, there would be no sex until we felt a real love connection aswell
tongue.gif

Knowing when you feel love, can be confusing.

A lot of people believe that infatuation is love. And with others, they believe sexual attraction is love.

What worked for me was waiting until he said he was in love with me first.

And then I told him I wasn't sure, but I'd let him know when I was.

We said it around six months. I went to Italy for a month, and while it was the most amazing experience ever, I just missed him too much. He missed me like crazy too. We both said it when I got home from my trip. Now it's almost four years later, and we're very much in love.

Originally Posted by bella1342 /img/forum/go_quote.gif We said it around six months. I went to Italy for a month, and while it was the most amazing experience ever, I just missed him too much. He missed me like crazy too. We both said it when I got home from my trip. Now it's almost four years later, and we're very much in love. awww! thats so sweet. i think 6 months is an acceptable amout of time. but as we've said it does vary from relationship to relationship and as rosie pointed out it soo depends on how much time you spend together! me and my bf spend 3 or 4 days out of the week together, sometimes just for lunch, sometimes just for like a walk or something. but when we were first dating we were only meeting up about once a week or so. so when i say we've been together for 3 months its more like we've not actually spent those full three months together.. if you know what i mean.lol!

Originally Posted by Dragonfly /img/forum/go_quote.gif Knowing when you feel love, can be confusing.A lot of people believe that infatuation is love. And with others, they believe sexual attraction is love.

that is so true. it is hard to tell sometimes if you really obsess about it. i think it's best not to concentrate on it too hard and just let it flow. sexual attraction is very different from love, but i think sex does play a key part in it.

fingers, I know exactly what you mean, lol!

TBH, I'm in no rush this time around. I want to wait as long as it takes, and I want it to be real. I don't want to settle for anything less than that!

exactly! i think when you've been in love before you're more mature about it. thing is i'm kinda scared he's going to say it before i'm ready to say it back because he's never been in love before.

but i think if i were in that situation i'd be waiting for the other person to say it? i hope he does.

I had realized I was in love with my bf before we had actually started dating. We had been really close friends for about 2 years and I just knew I was in love with him and I was young so I told him in a text message lol. But at that time he was immature and didn't say anything back but once we started dating he said it to me first about a month into our relationship.

Originally Posted by Dragonfly /img/forum/go_quote.gif Knowing when you feel love, can be confusing.A lot of people believe that infatuation is love. And with others, they believe sexual attraction is love.

Haha reminds me of me, he told me he loved me after about 4 months and I was like "yea...umm..thanks?" I knew I cared about him but I didn't want to say it first and certainly not before I was completely sure.

I said mine 3 weeks into the relationship. Boy, was I in lust. He took his precious little dandy-****ing-time. Said it like 2-4 months after I said mine. I felt like such a clingy *****. Sorry, not really a mushy story. I dont even remember how he said it. I might have even forced him to say it...wow...

lol, I am sooo not going to say it first. I personally think it's much easier for women to say than men (no connotations of losing your macho-ness and stuff) - therefore, it's more likely to be true if he says it.

Haha, that is so sexist, but I need the reassurance of knowing he's not just saying it back because I've said it.

Originally Posted by pinksugar /img/forum/go_quote.gif lol, I am sooo not going to say it first. I personally think it's much easier for women to say than men (no connotations of losing your macho-ness and stuff) - therefore, it's more likely to be true if he says it.
Haha, that is so sexist, but I need the reassurance of knowing he's not just saying it back because I've said it.

lol! I did say it first.. but atleast he responded the same way! haha

I love you, Carolyn.
biggrin.gif

I haven't said it yet and neither has he. I have been seeing him since October... he said that he loved me in an e-mail, but I think it was more of a friendly I love you, not that he was in love with me.

I definitely have a thing for this guy, but I am not ready to say I love you.
smile.gif

The first time we kissed. We had known each other for several years and it had been a long time coming.

Back