Your most unusual makeup secrets here! Good, bad or ugly...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What's the strangest thing you've ever done or saw someone else do when it comes to makeup???

Me first: I used my paint pot to prime my lips and it totally WORKED!!!!! My lippies didn't dare budge!!!

I discovered that yesterday.
kopfkratz.gif

I dont know if its strange but with some of my cheaper eyeliners i dip them in hot water or blast them with the hair dryer so they are softer.

Chapstick over my UDPP for eyeshadow, and Milk of Magnesia to get rid of oil (and holy CRAP does MoM work GOOOOD!!!)

I'll have to try paint pot as lip primer. I've used UDPP, and it works good, but it's very drying.

Originally Posted by -Chelsey- /img/forum/go_quote.gif Monistat Anti-Chafing Gel for a face primer..that's pretty weird but it works amazing! I would love to try that. I've heard it's just like Smashbox Photo Finish... the problem is though, I just can't find any.

Weirdest thing I tried... plum lip pencil for eyeliner? bronze e/s for cheek bronzer?

Originally Posted by Ozee /img/forum/go_quote.gif I dont know if its strange but with some of my cheaper eyeliners i dip them in hot water or blast them with the hair dryer so they are softer. I have also used the hairdryer to make eyeliner as well as my lipliners and it seem to work well.

Originally Posted by Aprill /img/forum/go_quote.gif Lipliners for eyeliners... Ditto, I can't think of anything else.

Originally Posted by karren /img/forum/go_quote.gif seems like about every thing i do is strange.... For a guy!! Lol lol!

I sometimes use vaseline to make a kinda glowy highlighter.

I sometimes use tinted vaseline or tinted lipbalm as blush.

Originally Posted by Ozee /img/forum/go_quote.gif I dont know if its strange but with some of my cheaper eyeliners i dip them in hot water or blast them with the hair dryer so they are softer. I've never even thought about using my hair dryer! I always use a lighter.

i'll sometimes hold my eyeliner pencil real close but not quite touching my hot curling iron to soften it up (ok sometimes i'll get too close and leave a black smudge on the iron barrel).

monistat anti chafing gel as primer (i get it at CVS, and use the CVS brand)

aspirin face mask

that's about it that i think is unusual

I think everyone uses the hot water/ flame to soften up eyeliner I do that.

I personally dont do this but I know some girls that use a thin red or black sharpie marker for lipliner and eyeliner! Cholas basically!

I have way to many 'unusual' things I do... which is part of the fun of being a makeup artist!

1. use face primer on eyelids an lips before makeup.

2. Mix colored powder into moisturizer, create your own bronzer or foundation.

3. use mascara as liquid eyeliner

4. use concealer brush as lip brush

5. mix moisturizer/spf, foundation and primer in one and apply as 1 step.

6. use light eyeshadow as concealer as final step

Originally Posted by Ozee /img/forum/go_quote.gif I dont know if its strange but with some of my cheaper eyeliners i dip them in hot water or blast them with the hair dryer so they are softer. I tend to use a lighter to warm them up.

Eyeliner to line my lips.

Lipstick used as blush.

Vaseline with a teeny bit of light glittery powder eyeshadow as a highlighter.

Sometimes I use eyelash glue in the corners of my eyes so that I can stick alot of glitter there which wont budge all day ^__^

Back