Your most unusual makeup secrets here! Good, bad or ugly...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess mine is spraying a light hairspray into the air and walking into it to set my make up

Originally Posted by HairEgo /img/forum/go_quote.gif I guess mine is spraying a light hairspray into the air and walking into it to set my make up Interesting!!! I can see why that would work.
another one of my weird practices is that whenever I try another brand of makeup, I always buy a matte black eyeshadow because I'm afraid of running out. Not that I do a lot of smoky eyes, or even use it all that much, it's just a psycho tendency I have.

Originally Posted by Sphirex /img/forum/go_quote.gif Sometimes I use eyelash glue in the corners of my eyes so that I can stick alot of glitter there which wont budge all day ^__^ Great idea! Ill try that!

Maybellines dream mousse concealer makes an AMAZING eyeshadow base for oily eye lids. I was using mac's paint pot previously, but because of the texture its still a bit oily. Something about its slightly grainy texture makes the powder eyeshadow stick really well. Keeps it on all day, doesnt dry it out.

And because i was using the mousse concealer as an eyeshadow base my mac paint pot has been going to waste. Not anymore, ill try using it as a base for lipstick, makes perfect sense!

Originally Posted by HairEgo /img/forum/go_quote.gif I guess mine is spraying a light hairspray into the air and walking into it to set my make up Does this really work??
When my cousin got married her makeup artist sprayed hairspray on her face. We all thought it was weird...

I might have to try this now...
smile.gif

Originally Posted by mebs786 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Does this really work??
When my cousin got married her makeup artist sprayed hairspray on her face. We all thought it was weird...

I might have to try this now...
smile.gif

Yep!!t works
smile.gif
Dont spray directly ON your face...mist it in the air and walk into it.

Originally Posted by HairEgo /img/forum/go_quote.gif I guess mine is spraying a light hairspray into the air and walking into it to set my make up Wow, do you do that every day, or just for special occasions?
Sounds like acne city for me...

nothing that unusual really!

sometimes orange lip colour to correct undereye darkness in darker/olive skins

sometimes on myself when i get very oily, i apply a loose dusting of powder BEFORE foundation or tinted moisturiser

if i want an eyeliner in a color I don't have I mix that color eyeshadow with water and use that as eyeliner.

It stays surprisingly well.

I've also used that for paint if I have a special occassion, like a pep rally and want something spirited on my face.

Originally Posted by SophieIowa /img/forum/go_quote.gif Wow, do you do that every day, or just for special occasions?

I've gotten a few zits from hairspray before, so it's possible. But it definitely works if you don't have sensitive skin or only use it for special occasions!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by SophieIowa /img/forum/go_quote.gif Wow, do you do that every day, or just for special occasions?

Not everyday....special occasions when i need my make up to last a good 12+ hours

Used a black eyeliner as a lip liner XD

This idea orignally stemmed from boredom, but I decided to blend it in so it mixed with the red liptick and the overall effect looked pretty good.

i brush my lips with a dry toothbrush really hard. it makes them swell.

i also put water in my liquid eyeliners to keep them smooth when they start to run out lol.

i use my fingers as eyelash culers

i use moisturiser as makeup remover

i use petroleum jelly as ALOT of things. xD

Strangest is actually pretty common, Monistat anti chafing gel as primer and lighter to soften up my pencil liners.

Quote:
i also put water in my liquid eyeliners to keep them smooth when they start to run out lol. I'm stealing that one.

I'm not sure if this is really strange or not. If some of my nail polishes are getting old or gunky, I'll put them under some warm water to loosen up the polish and then re-shake them. Usually helps to make them runnier again and mix back together again.

But I'm not always a huge polish person, so I'll end up finding a polish I haven't used in years and has separated and won't mix back together with regular shaking. warming it up tends to help mix them back together again.

My aunt used to use lipstick as a blush, although I don't like the feeling of thick creams on my face (don't like the feeling of liquid foundations either). I've used blush as an eye shadow though.

OH another one -- Glad Press and Seal Wrap. For any of you girls who use powder/mineral foundations and have to travel...Wipe off the top of your sifter (needs to be clean and powder free for it to stick well) and then use this to "close" your sifter when you travel! A short trip always gets all my powder sitting on top of my sifter whenever I travel, but if I use this method to close the sifter, all the powder stays in the bottom compartment, and it's sticky enough to remain closed through a jostling trip in a makeup bag, but not sticky enough to leave like a sticker type of residue on the sifter lid.

I usually bring an extra piece of wrap with a small pair of scissors to have a fresh seal for the trip back, too.

Blush as eyeshadow, lighter to soften an eyepencil, cutter/knife to cut and shape my eyepencils if the sharpener is hidden.

I also use my brush cleanser to clean my keyboard, it works nicely if you want a quick cleanse.

Originally Posted by -Chelsey- /img/forum/go_quote.gif Monistat Anti-Chafing Gel for a face primer..that's pretty weird but it works amazing! I still have to try this!!!

Just remembered another one (used it last night) Olive Oil is an amazing oil-based makeup remover. My eyeliner brushes (I use a gel eyeliner) wouldn't clean no matter how many times I tried with my hand soap and shampoos, which work fine for my foundation/shadow brushes. But you drop some olive oil onto a paper towel, and swipe a few times with your dirty brush, and all of it comes off like you were painting with water colors.

One of my liner brushes has white bristles. After a few washes, it had turned a soft blue/grey shade that I couldn't get any cleaner. Then I found out about the olive oil method -- turns it bright white again! (well, until I put on more eyeliner
wink.gif
) I was surprised and impressed at how simple and easy it was.

I will have to try that! I've got lots of olive oil around... maybe i'll try a mix of olive and tea tree oils on my brushes...
tocktock.gif
who knows, i might be on to something.

Back