Your most unusual makeup secrets here! Good, bad or ugly...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Annelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif Just remembered another one (used it last night) Olive Oil is an amazing oil-based makeup remover. My eyeliner brushes (I use a gel eyeliner) wouldn't clean no matter how many times I tried with my hand soap and shampoos, which work fine for my foundation/shadow brushes. But you drop some olive oil onto a paper towel, and swipe a few times with your dirty brush, and all of it comes off like you were painting with water colors.
One of my liner brushes has white bristles. After a few washes, it had turned a soft blue/grey shade that I couldn't get any cleaner. Then I found out about the olive oil method -- turns it bright white again! (well, until I put on more eyeliner
wink.gif
) I was surprised and impressed at how simple and easy it was.

I'll have to try this too!! My 217 and 222 are kinda dingy and I just washed them.

I was just re-reading what I wrote and realized it sounds goofy. I meant that it was good at removing oil-based makeup (like lipsticks and eyeliners) -- not trying to say that olive oil is oil based! (duh, haha)

but yea, seriously, pour a coin-sized amount onto a paper towel and just like swipe back and forth over the oil part, then over a dry part to wipe it off...and it all just melts right off. it was actually pretty cool the first time i tried it. (especially since the first time I tried it, I had *just* finished washing it with shampoo and it still looked greyish, and I was all just "aw maybe it's just a permanent stain")

Plain vegetable glycerine on my cheekbones/browbones for a wet look. Plus they stay nice and moisturized all day. Only drawback? It's a little sticky so you have to check the mirror often to make sure you don't have stuff stuck to your face.

Originally Posted by HairEgo /img/forum/go_quote.gif I guess mine is spraying a light hairspray into the air and walking into it to set my make up That's actually a really good tip. Thanks!
laughing.gif

Originally Posted by Adrienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif Monistat anti chafing gel as primer This stuff is the BEST primer...and it's so cheap. I'm glad to know a lot of people use Monistat A-C for primer, too.
satisfied.gif

Hmm I have a few that I use as well, not quite unusual but hey.

-use a lighter to heat up my eyelash curler

-use baby lotion or oil on eyelashes before applying mascara

-ONLY use baby wipes and baby shampoo to remove makeup

-put baby powder in hair roots if they're greasy after deep

conditioning

-put maalox or mylanta on face in summer to prevent any sweating

So these are some tips I use frequently, they all actualy work quite well!

~Rachel

Back