Do you carry Pocket Knife with u?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a couple in my desk or in my bag.. Ones a Swiss Army knife which are really handy!! The problem I have is I always have to make sure I leave them at home when I fly.. TSA isn't ammused easily!

Ohhh.. I had a geology prof that used to keep a pocket knife in her bra... I used to ask to borrow it quite often.. Her taste in bras left something to be desired too!! Lol.

I collect knives, what you want is a jungle king II. Its that hardcore it comes with a serial number!!!!

I do have a permanent scars all over from drunken knife juggling though but that just gives them more emotional value. If your interested I can give you a tour of my favourite knives?

I have a Swiss army multi-purpose (screwdriver, scissors, wine opener, gutter...:) ) knife that I keep in my handag. Just like Karren, I must leave it home if I take a plane or even if I take long car trips: it's actually illegal in Italy to have knives or Mace, but I got Mace during my last visit to the States and I'm holding on to them both, knife & spray. Better safe than sorry, and I've got good reasons to carry them both... I am aware I can be charged for carrying them, but I prefer to run this risk than having to explain (if I'm still alive, that is) what an assualt is like once it has already happened! Peace & Love but Better With a Knife

Yeah i dont carry my knives on me, its illegal here too. I just like to collect them and play with them. Not like anyones gonna give me sh*t, random street fights are the ultimate high! Unfortuneately I now have a career i want to keep....

LOL.... my son is working at a Japaneese Habachi resturant and he comes home with cut up fingers every day... At the mine we used to all have hawk bill knives which were really dangerous so everyone switched to utility knives... Personally I perfer an exacto knife.... for doing fine wood work cutting, taking out splinters, minor surgeory.... shaving off callus's off my feet... lol...

Originally Posted by MachineofGod /img/forum/go_quote.gif Yeah i dont carry my knives on me, its illegal here too. I just like to collect them and play with them. Not like anyones gonna give me sh*t, random street fights are the ultimate high! Unfortuneately I now have a career i want to keep.... I have a carreer I want to keep as well, but when you're cornered by four-men-four, obviously drunk and violent, I want my Mace, my Swiss knife and ny karate blue-belt skills with me. I have been harrassed once too many. I don't hate men, believe me, I simply know what type of man (as well as areas of town or situations) I have to be careful of.
policeman.gif

I'm a knife junkie too. I have to be dragged away from flea markets where they sell special ones or beautifully crafted handles...

We should be friends! Ill upload a pic of some of my knives.

I wrote a massive post on this and accidently refreshed, well pissed

anyway a shortened version

coming from one of the dodgiest areas of Scotland i handle myself pretty well, even with groups of 3-5 men and they back down, its the way you come across (for me). Also useful that I have a lot of connections in Scotland if you know what i mean, wink!

Obviously different for females especially with horny drunken men and i know only one Italian man who isnt drunk and horny.

There should be a risk assessment for things like location, personality type, IQ etc. when a case goes to court so that the situation can be put into context more closely with more appropriate sentences.

However if women were allowed to use items of self defence then a small minority of women would surely abuse it, as would men. That is why we havethe current situation (?)

I have a few basic swiss army knives, the one I keep on my keychain has flowers on it. I went to the courthouse months ago, and had to take it off, and I still havent put it back on, I keep forgetting

I only carry one when I go to the lake. There is a large population of black bears where I go. Even though attacks are rare, and I could never harm an animal, I would use it if it was a life and death situation.

Yes, when i'm having a picnic, when i go hiking or camping. We have a few at home, as well as one bigger in the car, to cut a seat belt (life savior!!). We use Opinel knives, they're really handy.

We appreciate a fine work on a handle, but we don't collect any weapon at home. I must admit i drool over a good ol' sword, that is why medieval festivals, castles are usually places i have to go with some company.

I don't carry any self defence weapon in my purse, i do believe its weight could be used as an improvised hammer, and i'm a sprinter. I also think carrying a self defence weapon is more terrifying than reassuring, you're always on edge to be sure you're ready to use it, when the time comes (if it comes). Perhaps it's also because i doubt i'd have the wits or the time to actually use it.

I don't have a knife. The places I go in Australia, I don't really feel the need for one.

Off topic, Princess Grace, what places in Italy are dangerous? I'll be there as of next tuesday!

Eta - I agree with Mags - having a knife as a weapon, it is just as likely to be turned against you as it is to protect you.

Are we talking for protection purposes here?

I don't carry weapons of any variety on me, I don't feel the need, feel perfectly safe in my environment! I can see the reason behind carrying a pocket knife for when you go camping and such, but for protection, I agree with Aude and Rosie on this one, it could backfire on you.

HaHaHaHa L.A Is Awesome Not super scary Dangerous lol Anywhere is Just as dangerous If your one Helpless girl Walking alone at night Lost

NYC is dangerous?

Sure, there are the dangerous, slummy neighborhoods, but statistics have shown it to be the safest large city in the US, and one of the safest large cities in the world.

But just out of curiosity, is the violent crime rate in Milan at least 1/7 of NYC's, if not less?

(I don't know, I never had enough interest to actually look it up, but I'd assume you should know if you want to say New York is a much more dangerous city)

I love Britains drug and booze culture; im a product of their system. Yes I started on the weed at 14 and havent had a day of the smoke or bev since I was 17 (5 years) but im no f*ck up. I consider myself to be on the correct track and I feel the work I do makes a real contribution to those in need. I may be on complete self destruct but as they say "live fast, die young"

And if I offended you in any way Grace my apologies, I think my humour is also a bit British

Thanks Grace! I agree with Monet that anywhere can be dangerous if you're alone and lost... I just hope I don't get lost, because I certainly will be alone! LOL

Back